[Hero] Adox.Paramour

CTI

Name: Adox.Paramour

Portrait: Probe

Unit Base: Probe

Role: Support, Ganker

Main Stat: Strength

Story: During a particle accelerator experiment gone wrong, a young probe was sent into an inter-dimensional rift in which time, space, and matter have no relevance. He spent decades, centuries, hundreds of millennium trapped in the rift existing, yet not existing. Through the insanity the nevertheless fell upon him, the probe reached a higher level of thinking, surpassing the intelligence of both artificial and natural beings, and was able to command the fabric of time and space itself to free himself from the physical and mental confinement. With this new found intelligence, the probe gave himself a name, Adox.Paramour. After much knowledge inducing exploration, Paramour traveled to the future, where he found the universe to be in a state of utter chaos and destruction. He identified that the pivotal event that would decide the fate of the future was the battle at Aeon of Storms, where he vowed to fight alongside his allies for peace to ensure that the universe does not come to the fate he foresaw.

Starting Stats:

Strength: 19 (+8)

Agility: 21 (+4)

Intelligence 21 (+7)

Health – 300

Movement Speed – 2.95

Attack Range – 5

Attack Speed – 1.7

Damage – 30

Armor – 0

Energy – 100

Skills

Heroic Passive:

Allies within a 9 unit radius of Adox gain 75% of the health and energy gained by him. Enemies within the same radius lose 75% of the health and energy gained by Adox. Note: Adox must be missing health or energy for the passive to take effect.

Explanation/Usage: This provides team support as well as a source of damage output. Allies are granted 1.75 times the health or energy restored from the active regeneration from items and abilities, as well as passive regeneration, granting his allies greater sustain.

--

Torsion Comet (Q)

Cost: 120/140/160/180

Cooldown: 16

Range: 8

Duration:

Bending spacetime to change the path of a comet, Adox launches a projectile at target point. Once the projectile reaches the target point, it returns to Adox. The projectile damages and stuns enemies it passes through, while removing debuffs from allies it passes through. Also applies a debuff to enemies it passes through. Adox gains all health and energy gained by enemies affected by the debuff. If this skill is used while the ultimate is active, an identical projectile leaves each wormhole, travels to the target point, and returns to adox.

Level 1: Deals 40 (+25%INT) spell damage. Stuns for .7 seconds. Debuff lasts 3 seconds for each stack applied.

Level 2: Deals 70 (+25%INT) spell damage. Stuns for .9 seconds. Debuff lasts 4 seconds for each stack applied.

Level 3: Deals 100 (+25%INT) spell damage. Stuns for 1.1 seconds. Debuff lasts 5 seconds for each stack applied.

Level 4: Deals 130 (+25%INT) spell damage. Stuns for 1.3 seconds. Debuff lasts 6 seconds for each stack applied.

Explanation/Usage: This is the primary source of damage and crowd control. Using this skill in conjunction with the ultimate provides it skill with a large damage and stun potential. It also provides a counter to physical and spell leech; if the enemy hero that is leaching is standing withing a 9 unit radius of Adox and is affected by the debuff, the leeching is effectively reduced by 50% while Adox and his allies are gaining health.

--

Time Warp (W)

Cost: 3.5% hp/energy per second

Cooldown: N/A

Range: 18

Duration: Toggle (V)

Able to alter the rate the the rate at which time is moved through, Adox and target allied hero gain Timescale. *50% of the damage received while under the effects of Time Warp is not dealt until 12 seconds later. This damage is non-lethal. Target ally must be within 9 units of Adox to be affected by the skill. If the target ally is greater the than 10 units away when casting this skill, Adox is transported to 3 units away from the target ally.

Level 1: +10(+2.5%INT)% Timescale, +50% damage resist*

Level 2: +15(+2.5%INT)% Timescale, +50% damage resist*

Level 3: +20(+2.5%INT)% Timescale, +50% damage resist*

Level 4: +25(+2.5%INT)% Timescale, +50% damage resist*

Explanation/Usage: This skill helps solidify the hero's role as a ganker and support hero. It enables him to partner with one ally, preferably an AA carry hero, and increase its ability to chase down and kill enemy heroes. It also synergizes well with the fast ganking and escape theme of the hero as damage received by the hero and ally takes time before it is dealt. It also functions as an escape ability because of the increased movement speed and blink-like effect. It also allows the hero to drain his own life and energy so that the passive can take effect.

--

Quantum Vision (E)

Cost: 100/120/140/160

Cooldown: 30

Range: N/A

Duration: 6/8/10/12

Able to be everywhere at the same time, Adox gains unobstructed vision. Also gives vision around worm holes for the duration of the skill. Increases casting range of torsion comet and the casting and attack range of the ally under the effects of time warp by half the distance.

Level 1: Gains 20 vision range. Increases range by 1.

Level 2: Gains 24 vision range. Increases range by 2.

Level 3: Gains 28 vision range. Increases range by 3.

Level 4: Gains 32 vision range. Increases range by 4.

Explanation/Usage: This further contributes to the hero's role as a support/ganker due to the vision and range increases. It synergizes well with the ultimate and Q skill, allowing to pick off low health heroes from anywhere on the map if used correctly.

--

Worm Hole ®

Cost: 135/150/165 per target

Cooldown: 2:00/1:30/1:00

Range: Global

Duration: 12

By creating a connection between two points in spacetime, Adox creates 1 portal-like wormhole at each of 2 target locations. If an ally walks into one of the wormholes, it is transported to the other. Allies exiting a worm hole feel the effects of Time Warp.

Level 1: Time Warp lasts 3 seconds.

Level 2: Time Warp lasts 3.5 seconds.

Level 3: Time Warp lasts 4 seconds.

Explanation/Usage: This skill can be used in many different ways. It can be used to transport allied heroes to your location for a successful push or gank. It can be used to save allies or yourself from deadly situations. It can be used to transport to the shop and back without having to use 2 transporters. It can be used to increases the hero's spell damage output in ganking or teamfight situations. It can even be used in conjunction with the Q and E skills to kill enemies who appear to have narrowly escaped with their life. The possibilites are endless. (So buy one now!) Anyway, it drastically increases the potential usefullness of this hero as well as the hero's skill ceiling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading. I have some ideas for changing some things and the suggestion is not complete but any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I have changed some of the skills. I am still trying to come up with a name for the heroic passive.

A radius of 8 for Q is huge. Are units pulled/pushed the entire distance between them and the centre/edge?

The energy costs for his skills is abit too small. His Q could be 90/110/130/150 and his W could be 100/120/140/160 instead. Time is quite a powerful attribute. Also, can you target yourself for 50% more time?

Global vision may be a little too extreme. Instead, you could have a really huge vision range, eg. 26/34/42/50.

To answer your first question: no, units are only pulled/pushed 3 units and pulled less than three if they are closer than 3 to the center. I was thinking the first ability would be good if used correctly for ganking with an ally as well as possibly saving an ally. That is why I gave it such a large radius but I would understand if that is too powerful. I was also thinking of making it so that the unit is pulled a distance depending on their distance away from the center but I think that might not work out.

I changed the energy costs to what you suggested. I would say no, you can't target yourself for 50% more time. This skill is meant to be a support/ganking skill but if it is too strong or I should maybe tone down the time and maybe through in something like spell resist I understand.

My reason for global vision was that you could help your allies in a gank or for some other reason from across the map without having to be there, though I guess it would synergize better if the vision range wasn't global. I guess I should change it and maybe if it is reworked it could be global but for now I'll use the numbers you suggested.

The hero, again, is meant to be a ganking/support hero where the W and E skills synergize with the passive as well as the ultimate and, the Q follows the theme of the hero in terms of the story and role.

Thanks again for your feedback.

To answer your first question: no, units are only pulled/pushed 3 units and pulled less than three if they are closer than 3 to the center. I was thinking the first ability would be good if used correctly for ganking with an ally as well as possibly saving an ally. That is why I gave it such a large radius but I would understand if that is too powerful. I was also thinking of making it so that the unit is pulled a distance depending on their distance away from the center but I think that might not work out.

I changed the energy costs to what you suggested. I would say no, you can't target yourself for 50% more time. This skill is meant to be a support/ganking skill but if it is too strong or I should maybe tone down the time and maybe through in something like spell resist I understand.

My reason for global vision was that you could help your allies in a gank or for some other reason from across the map without having to be there, though I guess it would synergize better if the vision range wasn't global. I guess I should change it and maybe if it is reworked it could be global but for now I'll use the numbers you suggested.

The hero, again, is meant to be a ganking/support hero where the W and E skills synergize with the passive as well as the ultimate and, the Q follows the theme of the hero in terms of the story and role.

Thanks again for your feedback.

OH. You meant 3 units as in the distance... I thought you were referring to 3 units as in 3 targets.

My only questions are:

1. Why would his Q pull allies? i think it would actually more often get them killed than be a gank. I think it should be: Pushes allies and pulls enemies.

2. Does the ultimate work on enemies as well? And what is the size of hole?

Overall, its good, i do like the idea of having a sentry hero

My only questions are:

1. Why would his Q pull allies? i think it would actually more often get them killed than be a gank. I think it should be: Pushes allies and pulls enemies.

2. Does the ultimate work on enemies as well? And what is the size of hole?

Overall, its good, i do like the idea of having a sentry hero

1. You do have a good point. But as it is you would have to think about how to use it in certain situations. For example: If you and an ally are chasing an enemy, you place it past the enemy you are chasing so it is pushed toward you and you are your ally are pulled toward it. I thought about doing what you said but I thought it might be over-powered being able to pull enemies together. Then all of your allies could nuke them to death. I guess that is limited by the 3 unit distance max pull so it might not be too bad. If I changed it then in the chase situation you would place it behind your ally so he is pushed to the enemy and the enemy is pulled toward you and the ally. What do you think? Should I change it?

2. I don't think it would be reasonable for the ultimate to work on enemies. You could place a portal in your pool and then place the other on the enemy, so that wouldn't be fair. I think the size of the hole would be 1 to 2 units in radius.

Edit: Do you think the portals should have a set-up time?

You could try something like, say, giving allies 300% movespeed for 0.5 seconds, so it'd be sort of like a push in the direction they wanna go.

I like this idea but I thought the movement speed and would only come from the +time. I might still implement it though maybe with a damage resist buff?

It is impossible for an object to have more than 32 vision range, as far as I know. Perhaps you can add behaviors that increase the range beyond 32 like how you can also have negative armor using behaviors.

If having more than 32 vision range is not possible, then I could change the skill.

Also, I wanted one of the abilities to have a %hp/energy cost per second so that his heroic passive could work. He needs to be missing hp/energy for an ally to receive a benefit from it. I am thinking about switching the +Time skill to cost %hp/mana per second instead of the vision skill, which would be a set energy cost. What do you think?

Edit: I changed these skills in terms of their cost and added another effect to the first skill to make them more viable. These are the skills before the change.

Time Warp (W)

Cost: 100/120/140/160

Cooldown: 30

Range: 7

Duration: 12

From his prolonged confinement, Adox learned to master and manipulate time itself through what was comparable to thousands of years of nothingness. Only through manipulation of the fabric of space-time was Adox able to escape the rift he was trapped in and learn from all of time.

Target allied hero and Adox gain Time.

Level 1: +10(+2.5%INT)% Time

Level 2: +15(+2.5%INT)% Time

Level 3: +20(+2.5%INT)% Time

Level 4: +25(+2.5%INT)% Time

Quantum Vision (E)

Cost: 5% hp/energy per second

Cooldown: 1:00

Range: N/A

Duration: 5/6/7/8

Because Paramour can travel through time and space, he virtually be everywhere at the same time, granting him more vision than otherwise possible.

Adox gains unobstructed vision. May be toggled off but cooldown still applies. May also be left toggled on for longer than the duration for no effect until the cooldown is reset.

Level 1: gains 26 vision range

Level 2: gains 34 vision range

Level 3: gains 42 vision range

Level 4: gains 50 vision range

I am still looking to make the (Q) skill (and maybe the ® skill) more viable and I would appreciate any suggestions regarding any of the skills or anything else about the hero.

Changed the (Q) skill from this to make it more unique and effective. It might be a little overpowered at the moment.

Small Bang (Q)

Cost: 90/110/130/150

Cooldown: 12

Range: 9

After escaping his confinement, Adox traveled to the beggining of the universe to learn more about it so he could use the knowledge to aid him in the future. He observed the formation of the universe (big bang) from nothing through the separation of positive and negative energy--one repulsive and the other attractive.

Causes a explosion that deals damage to enemies and pulls and pushes allies and enemies, respectively, radially from the center. Has a radius of 8.

Level 1: Deals 50 (+35%INT) spell damage and pulls/pushes targets a maximum distance of 3.

Level 2: Deals 100 (+35%INT) spell damage and pulls/pushes targets a maximum distance of 3.

Level 3: Deals 150 (+35%INT) spell damage and pulls/pushes targets a maximum distance of 3.

Level 4: Deals 200 (+35%INT) spell damage and pulls/pushes targets a maximum distance of 3.

Wormhole has 4 levels. Is that intended? Otherwise, I think the changes are pretty good. However, Q might be a little OP. If I understand it correctly, it creates an illusion for each target hit? So you could target a pushing team of 5 enemy heroes, and 5 illusions would appear? Even if they did deal 50% damage, an AA carry with 50% damage attacking an INT hero is no joke.

I hope you meant that it makes illusions of allies, not enemies, or the illusions attack your enemies (i would find that hilarious). But, the time skill seems like it could be a bit crazy, it makes him the ultimate support hero, imagine it put on shadow in his ultimate, thats quite the time boost.

I still don't love the idea of heroes being pushed back, but it does seem right, especially for the other skills.

Still like the idea, the vision skill is pretty nice but the ultimate seems like it might be a bit useless unless casted perfectly (like maar's ultimate). But, how long of a duration is the ultimate? If it is too long, it could easily make for a quick entrance into the enemies base, then right when they show up, run back away.

Wormhole has 4 levels. Is that intended? Otherwise, I think the changes are pretty good. However, Q might be a little OP. If I understand it correctly, it creates an illusion for each target hit? So you could target a pushing team of 5 enemy heroes, and 5 illusions would appear? Even if they did deal 50% damage, an AA carry with 50% damage attacking an INT hero is no joke.

I fixed Wormhole. For the Q, how about it only creates one illusion of a random enemy that's affected. So if there are a bunch of enemies grouped up, you could attempt to knock all of them back, do a little bit of damage to each of them, and create an illusion of a random one of them, or you could attempt to position the circle so that only the AA carry is hit so you guarantee that the illusion is made of it. Would the random thing be possible? Keep in mind that the illusion only lasts 8 in game seconds.

I hope you meant that it makes illusions of allies, not enemies, or the illusions attack your enemies (i would find that hilarious). But, the time skill seems like it could be a bit crazy, it makes him the ultimate support hero, imagine it put on shadow in his ultimate, thats quite the time boost.

I still don't love the idea of heroes being pushed back, but it does seem right, especially for the other skills.

Still like the idea, the vision skill is pretty nice but the ultimate seems like it might be a bit useless unless casted perfectly (like maar's ultimate). But, how long of a duration is the ultimate? If it is too long, it could easily make for a quick entrance into the enemies base, then right when they show up, run back away.

I feel like weakness of this hero is being mediocre in 1v1 situations. He does have some escape-like skills, but he really can't take on any hero 1v1. Now if you use him as a support for 1 other hero, that hero can now possibly take on 2 heroes. In a 2v2 situation, don't you think sometimes the 2 heroes that can actually win 1v1 themselves fights might beat a support and carry duo. However, that is what his role is--to support 1 hero and give it the ability to gank heavily.

The duration for the ultimate right now is 12 in game seconds. One of the main strengths of the ultimate is allowing you and an ally to get into enemy territory to quickly gank an enemy and get out. If the towers are up in the enemies' base I'm not sure how you plan on really being in there. Though if they're not, you could use the short amount of time to go into the enemies and do some damage I suppose.

About the pushing thing, I rationalize that it's not so bad because you can use and impact dial on an enemy--except you can use this skill to move the enemy in a different direction from which it is facing. Maybe I could even make it so that if an enemy is pushed into a worm hole it does something to them. That would add even more synergy to his skills. Again, any suggestions are appreciated.

Here's an idea for updated versions of the hero's heroic passive and (Q) skill. I feel like it can go many different ways but I think this might work and even provide a form of a counter to physical and spell steal. I would appreciate feedback and even suggestions for completely different skills that might work better.

Heroic Passive:

Allies within a 9 unit radius of Adox gain 50% of the health and energy gained by him. Enemies within the same radius lose 50% of the health and energy gained by Adox. Note: Adox must be missing health or energy for the passive to take effect.

Small Bang (Q)

Cooldown: 20

Duration: 7/8/9/10

Causes a explosion that deals damage and transfers all debuffs inflicted on allies who are in the radius to enemies who are also in the radius. Has a radius of 4. Damage dealt is greatest at the center and decreases going outward. Also applies a debuff to enemies. Adox gains all health and energy gained by enemies affected by the debuff for the duration of the skill.

Level 1: Deals 50 (+25%INT) spell damage.

Level 2: Deals 100 (+25%INT) spell damage.

Level 3: Deals 150 (+25%INT) spell damage.

Level 4: Deals 200 (+25%INT) spell damage.

Perhaps you should limit the amount of debuffs that can be transferred. I can imagine this hero single handedly turning around team enagents after your allies have been hit by Toxi's ult or Moli.

Do you think I should limit the debuffs transferred to 1 or 2 perhaps? My idea behind having the debuffs transfer was to give the hero a form of support to allies as well as crowd control of enemies that it otherwise lacks. I could remove the transferring of debuffs and simply allow the skill to remove debuffs. In that case I would probably add a simple stun to the skill itself.

How about this if I should remove the transferring?

Small Bang (Q)

Cooldown: 20

Duration: 7/8/9/10

Causes a explosion that deals damage and stuns enemies and removes debuffs from allies. Has a radius of 4. Damage increases the farther away from Adox it is cast, and the stun duration decreases. Also applies a debuff to enemies. Adox gains all health and energy gained by enemies affected by the debuff for the duration of the skill.

Level 1: Deals 25+10*(cast range) (+25%INT) spell damage. Stuns for 1.5-.125*(cast range) seconds.

Level 2: Deals 50+12*(cast range) (+25%INT) spell damage. Stuns for 2-.166*cast range) seconds.

Level 3: Deals 175+14*(cast range) (+25%INT) spell damage. Stuns for 2.5-.208*(cast range) seconds.

Level 4: Deals 100+16*(cast range) (+25%INT) spell damage. Stuns for 3-.250*(cast range) seconds.

Edit: Level 3 should deal a base of 75 damage not 175.

This skill is meant to assist allies in killing nearby enemy players by contributing a small amount of damage and a lengthy stun while being able to finish off player who have escaped with a large amount of damage.

Yea your new version is better, although you may want to nerf the damage scaling with cast range to just 12 and the base stun to 1.0/1.4/1.8/2.2. And fix the tooltip for level 4.

Thanks for all the feedback Banzai. I initially changed the skill to that version, but decided later on to change it a bit. It is still subject to change but I think it is better how it is right now. I am also thinking about changing the (E) skill to a passive skill as it does not seem to need to be an active skill.

Archived