Jump to content

quick question spell resist


coneroll
 Share

Recommended Posts

Mechanics - Last updated: 8/24/2012, 10:25-ish Pacific Standard Time

 

[06: Spell Resistance and Evasion]

 

Spell Resistance stacks the same way Armor does, except it works against Spell Damage instead of Physical.

 

All heroes have a base of 15% Spell AND Physical Resistance, meaning that you don't take as much damage as your creeps do.

 

So two 10% Spell Resistance items is inferior to one 20% Spell Resistance item by about 1%.

 

1 * 0.9 * 0.9 => 0.81

1 * 0.8 => 0.8

 

It's not that hard if you understand the above formulae (Attack Speed and Time Scale). It's really the same thing (and here I flip-flop to low #'s being good and high #'s being bad).

 

E.g. Incoming Damage * Base Hero Resistance * Nullifier * Void Steppers * Raynor's Lv4 Marked For Death

 

1.00 y * 0.85 * 0.85 * 0.88 * 1.30 => 0.82654y damage or 82.654% damage taken.

 

 

Evasion stacks like armor-- two 10% Evasions is two checks run of one "You have a 10% chance to dodge. If you dodged, ignore all below and run the 'miss' protocols. If you failed, go to the next chance."

 

So that would be calculated as follows:

 

Probability of being hit * Evasion FAILURE rate

 

Base * Reflex Training * Ghosting Garb

 

1.00 * 0.94 * 0.9 => 84.6% Chance of getting hit, or 15.4% evasion.

 

Quoted from the Mechanics Database Eliwan put together. Check there before posting questions. Don't worry about it though, not many people know about it or think about looking there =)

 

Also includes evasion which no longer exists.

 

Here's the link to his thread http://www.aeonofstorms.com/index.php?/topic/940-mechanics-of-aeon-of-storms/ its under Hero Database and pinned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...