Suggestions on how to make an Mumble Inhouse game setup time faster.

KeepNitFresh

Suggestions on how to make an Mumble Inhouse game setup time faster.

We as a community need to find better ways to setup inhouses on mumble to be alot more faster.

If you guys have any suggestions that may help post below.

I for one think that the captain phase is the slowest in which many dont captain. We need some sort of way to have people captain more often or else a low tier person like me ends up doing it.

It would be nice if we had a good way to automatically assign teams for times when people aren't willing to step up and captain. For example, if we had a database of players' W/L records in mumble IH's, I bet someone could write an algorithm that would randomly create teams with some kind of balancing constraint (e.g. the algorithm could have a constraint that requires the collective W/L ratio of each team to be within a few percentage points of the other team). Of course, we would need some kind of reliable reporting mechanism (maybe one person from the winning team would need to submit a screenshot after each game?)...

I don't have any problem with low tier players acting as captains, as long as the two captains themselves are somewhat evenly matched and they are both relatively familiar with the other players.

It would be nice if we had a good way to automatically assign teams for times when people aren't willing to step up and captain. For example, if we had a database of players' W/L records in mumble IH's, I bet someone could write an algorithm that would randomly create teams with some kind of balancing constraint (e.g. the algorithm could have a constraint that requires the collective W/L ratio of each team to be within a few percentage points of the other team). Of course, we would need some kind of reliable reporting mechanism (maybe one person from the winning team would need to submit a screenshot after each game?)...

I don't have any problem with low tier players acting as captains, as long as the two captains themselves are somewhat evenly matched and they are both relatively familiar with the other players.

Put in place previously. Abused. Subsequently removed.

Well for the time being, to quicken up picking of teams, one allocated player that everyone can trust to pick teams roughly take less then 2 minute, from my experience... But reducing the time of drafting without a system that ecko could put in, would harm the strategy taken in making teams... I rate once people are comfortable with the system and have a full idea of actually how to draft properly it can take less then 5 minutes...

Also the Just ranking is a work in progress, it will be improved once I figure out a better way to rank and make it balanced, therefore reflecting the true best players of the ranking...

setting up teams can be very fast. Sometimes we just looking at lobby, making one switch between teams and teams are made without any captain mode. Draft would be very fast if everyone was able to play decent every hero. Sometimes u don't even know what your teammates can play. Its take time to find out and prepare good composition

Yah maybe creating picking times would be good. Then people can't take forever. This can also be considered a skill: to efficiently manage and swiftly create team compositions.

Aside from that being a Random system to arrange teams. lol and it can keep making up teams till half of the people agree? lol

Yep random pick sounds good. And random ban also if you take too long :D

Maybe there should be a public mode, but for ih you can have a separate map so you can select a draft, reverse draft, bans and agreed upon number of team and globals. that would be sick!

All these things should be be the next "big" addition. I'd put this even above reworking barracks mechanics/adding gas. And with games like Mafia and 1v1obs, I know for a fact it can be implemented within the engine via some new UI.

There are many reasons why it takes so long to start IH game. Some do have solution and some dont. One of patterns in behavor i have encountered often enough to mention is: a) players playing pub game while in IH lobby and refusing to leave pub/game when they get picked b) People going AFK suddenly while in the game lobby c) talking over captains while they are picking teams d) trolling in team channel instead of thinking through team comp and baning

Solution is really simple but it requires community consortium. a) Players to agree to respect when IH is commencing and chose to leave games they played meanwhile b) Again players chosing to respect other people time and voicing when they go afk or even better chosing NOT to go afk c) That ALL talk should cease immidiately once captains are chosen for duration of picking teams d) again that comminity agrees that once team is chosen we should focus on game rather then trolling :P

We tried ranking system and software which picks teams based on it in old Sotis IRC channel. Did not work....if i remember correctly, it didnt work not because ranking system was wrong but because players took it waay too seriously and rage commenced.

my 2 cents

Couldn't we structure a channel in mumble in a way that would minimize some those challenges? The channel could be called the IH Lobby or something along those lines, and it could have a sub-channel designated for captains. The captains' sub-channel and the main lobby could be completely linked, but people in the captains' sub-channel would have priority speaker by default. We could have a rule that if you are in the IH Lobby, you are declaring that you are available to play and failure to follow through in a reasonable amount of time (e.g. longer than 5 min) will result in temporary suspension of mumble privileges (e.g. 24-hour ban). Similar punishments could be given for idling in that channel or for abusing the captains' sub-channel (basically, if you go in the captains' sub-channel when you aren't a captain, you would face a ban).

A quick fix for what Demi brought up would be a channel specifically for JUST drafting/banning, as opposed to a general looking for IH lobby. From my experience, big capital letters as the title if the lobby tend to convey the rules of said lobby quite well. Another idea would be a lobby mod that would eject disruptive people in the drafting lobby.

And that's why we go to the second outrage of a topic with two pages, boss and girls., my bad for redundancy (and now double posting D:) (Oh! someone fixed it for me!)

Archived