Unix UP?

KeepNitFresh

I have been playing unix for a while to really test the limits of what this character can do. I feel like he is very good early game, but useless end game.

Marines:

His Marines skills are only used in creep pushing and perhaps path blocking if one knew how to do it.

Fungal:

Fungal with a moderate cool down is possibly the only thing it really has of use in a team fight, other then that he cant do any AA damage and his ulti isnt helpful as its counted by almost every hero with a skill/item.

Ulti:

Like I said above, this is the only thing that lets unix deal damage similarly to other heroes although in order for damage to be done, the hero would need to be near you for a long period of time. Yes 8 seconds is very long.

I feel like Unix ulti needs some sort of buff not by damage but rather a stun or something to make it useful. I also feel like his q is really useless when elixer is baught as he really cant be aggressive by himself either.

Thoughts?

Unix is probably the best hero to use star's fury on, since he has 6 infested terrans and regenerates them quickly.

Build him with mass INT and use starfury for most of your damage, fungal to root, and ult on neutrals to regenerate when you need it.

He's definitely good all game, you just need to stop thinking that fungal + sap is going to/should get you kills all game.

Unix is probably the best hero to use star's fury on, since he has 6 infested terrans and regenerates them quickly.

Build him with mass INT and use starfury for most of your damage, fungal to root, and ult on neutrals to regenerate when you need it.

He's definitely good all game, you just need to stop thinking that fungal + sap is going to/should get you kills all game.

Star fury is probably going to be reworked with unix, another reason why I made this thread.

I also always ult on neutrals, its not only used for heros..

Unix can get start fury, spam his q and pretty much attack people from underground in a sense.

Im sure ekco is looking into this.

unix is a lane/tower pusher. as such a hero, he is not supposed to be a powerful end game hero. he can bring his team into advantage in the ealry/mid game, if they don't use this advantage, they will suffer from it.

i think this is the biggest thing. unix is very very strong early game so to balance it out his late game has to be not so good. as it is right now unix if he takes advantage of his early game strength can be a boss mid game and very annoying end game. however if he doesnt do well early game it is very hard for him during the rest of the game.

Most people who have problems with Unix don't add enough utility in their builds and once another player on the opposing team buys chrono elixir and a taser, the Unix player rage quits. Just because you can't add ridiculous timescale to him so he both gets a huge damage boost to his ultimate while allowing him to fire off his tentacle in rapid fire fashion anymore does not mean he is UP. I will say playing him well now requires a lot more skill, but with the right items he is still very strong.

Star fury is probably going to be reworked with unix, another reason why I made this thread.

I also always ult on neutrals, its not only used for heros..

Unix can get start fury, spam his q and pretty much attack people from underground in a sense.

Im sure ekco is looking into this.

But I like starfury unix, his AA's are that good.

I'm fine with burrowing not giving stacks. But I hope infested terrans still add stacks!

I main unix.

I do not feel underpowered at all as unix.

Sure, fungal sap gets lees impressive, BUT yamato fixes that.

And have you seen late gmae marines just insta pwn whatever they are shooting when you have 500+ int? ITs great (punny?)

And hive symbiosis plus marines spells immortal unix. Just saying.

Why don't we just bring unix back to his overpowered state in versions 4/5. Make his ulti do a percent of his health + damage based on INT. Just kidding really, but I would like to see his ulti be able to heal allies again. I also think that his burrow should give timescale so that using it is not a hindrance when an enemy has a chrono.

Why don't we just bring unix back to his overpowered state in versions 4/5. Make his ulti do a percent of his health + damage based on INT. Just kidding really, but I would like to see his ulti be able to heal allies again. I also think that his burrow should give timescale so that using it is not a hindrance when an enemy has a chrono.

I miss when ulti dealt low amounts of damage but slowed the enemies by 60 or 70% or something like that

I've notice that unix heals himself even if he isn't dealing damage. Thats rather annoyings....... [correct me if i'm wrong]

Unix is definately counterable although i have to say that ive never seen a star fury unix yet.

Unix deals rapidly fast even if boros uses spell storm [with unix no gravity edge] If unix healed AFTER spell resist then final probably less extremely powerful.

I only fine that unix's final CD is fairly unbalanced. [i like it back when it was a 25 CD even thought that was still fairly short] BTW does Cooldown reduction work on unix's Final Rate? Use to be fun to troll with 3 Paradox and 3 Chilling with like using final every 6 seconds and taser lasting 1.5 seconds. :D

Unix isn't really a hero that i think is op.

Archived