Difficulty of Hero's (Information of AoS tournament)

KinGofDaBerG

Hi

So I planning how points will be allocated in the tournament, and this section is mainly for bonus points for the tourney.

I'll explain at a later stage how the points classification works but for now, I want your input. I have rated the hero's difficulty of 1 being easy to play to 3 being hard to play. This is determined by many factors such as hero's most played in pubs and hero's most banned in inh's, to the actual skill set of the hero. Also if a hero is generally a bit UP, they will be harder to play, also based on this. Here is my list:

Category 1: (Easy)

Micro, LZ, Bio, Shadow, Boros, Toxi, Rory, Jackson, Vorpal.

Category 2: (Moderate)

MarineKing, Drake, Kerrigan, Tychus, Tosh, Leo, Darpa, Rancor, Nova, Raynor, Egon, Unix, Queen, Cyprus.

Category 3: (Hard)

Brine, Cain, Cow, Balrog, Zeratul, Tass, Grunty, Vergil, Erekul, Jakk, Maar, Garamond.

So I left out Null and SS as the are auto banned during the tournament. Please give me your feedback. Also please DO NOT WRITE OUT YOUR OWN LIST, as I won't bother looking at it, just edit mine and state if a hero should change or not and your reasons (please be objective, and none of this: I'm good at a hero therefore he's easy etc).

Thanks, let me no what you think.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, why is Rory easy? Sure, it's easier to land molotov and stevie now with items like lockbox and SHC, but he's still harder to use than most of the moderate heroes. Is he really that powerful now, with items giving greater spell resist and hp? He may be used often, and he may have high potential, but I think that his skillset would still warrant him being on moderate at least.

@ Quitsmann, yes King is strong, but this doesn't mean easy to play, imo, he requires more micro then most hero's, and can be shut down early very easy, he suffers from any AoE damage and his rines give shap loads of exp... His damage output is slightly high which I feel will be nerfed soon, if I'm wrong let me no :). Nova is strong late game, but one of the squishes heroes early, she in theory isn't easy to play, she has to get close to apply her ulti, which for a squishy is deadly, she has got good farming capabilities, but he mana drains rather quickly, now that her passive got a nerf, she will be one of the harder carries to play, just my opinion, I can be persuaded :)

@ Banzia, Rory, is actually quicky easy to play, specially when teams build themselves around him, making his life even easier, he has a point stun, an ulti that really can do everything, and you just need to put it down, molo is probably his only tricky skill, yet its impact radius is quite big making it easier... He was put in easy section because of the frequency he is played in inh, due to the ease of him...

@ Maximus, please state your reasons why they should change, so we can debate them... I for one, think kerri (as boring as she can be) is one of the hardest carries ingame, and even though her skills state she is easy to play most of the time she will feed, that's the reason she is in Moderate. Queen I'm in two minds about, she is quite easy to play... Tosh, is a hard character to play I agree, but has good escape ability and very easy skills tbh, only micro of his spectors can be regarded hard, therefore moderate? Still abit undecided about him... Maybe Vergil should go down to moderate, but Balrog and Erekul are extremely situational heroes, they need to have a decent early game and get lucky to even stand a chance mid late game, ye Balrog has been buff slightly recently with the new items, but still very situational, these are hard heroes to do there job and are punished with death, for mistakes that other hero's can make but get away...

One more thing about rory is that in organized play (eg inh's) he is far to easy, where as in pubs he would be harder to play as he has to do the work himself this is why I'm putting him easy, as the tournament will be team based, who practice together therefore Rory being an easy hero to play... Is this a fair assumption?

@ Quitsmann, yes King is strong, but this doesn't mean easy to play, imo, he requires more micro then most hero's, and can be shut down early very easy, he suffers from any AoE damage and his rines give shap loads of exp... His damage output is slightly high which I feel will be nerfed soon, if I'm wrong let me no :). Nova is strong late game, but one of the squishes heroes early, she in theory isn't easy to play, she has to get close to apply her ulti, which for a squishy is deadly, she has got good farming capabilities, but he mana drains rather quickly, now that her passive got a nerf, she will be one of the harder carries to play, just my opinion, I can be persuaded :)

@ Banzia, Rory, is actually quicky easy to play, specially when teams build themselves around him, making his life even easier, he has a point stun, an ulti that really can do everything, and you just need to put it down, molo is probably his only tricky skill, yet its impact radius is quite big making it easier... He was put in easy section because of the frequency he is played in inh, due to the ease of him...

@ Maximus, please state your reasons why they should change, so we can debate them... I for one, think kerri (as boring as she can be) is one of the hardest carries ingame, and even though her skills state she is easy to play most of the time she will feed, that's the reason she is in Moderate. Queen I'm in two minds about, she is quite easy to play... Tosh, is a hard character to play I agree, but has good escape ability and very easy skills tbh, only micro of his spectors can be regarded hard, therefore moderate? Still abit undecided about him... Maybe Vergil should go down to moderate, but Balrog and Erekul are extremely situational heroes, they need to have a decent early game and get lucky to even stand a chance mid late game, ye Balrog has been buff slightly recently with the new items, but still very situational, these are hard heroes to do there job and are punished with death, for mistakes that other hero's can make but get away...

If you take a look at rory in that perspective , you are utterly wrong. Try playing him . In an even inhouse matches . You'll see how tough it is to play him, without feeding *cough* even tho the team is losing. I'm not sure how u rate how tough a hero can be but imo some of those you said on top is in a wrong place. Rory , Tass , grunty to name a few . Reconsider this. A one sided game and a rory/tass/grunty is owning doesn't makes him a good and easy hero . With the new items , Rory has to rework his build 80% of it , same goes for the other heroes . Not being bias since Rory / Tass /Grunty is my fav hero , i think they need some rework up there as i think you messed up 3 of them in their placement :) .

Edit : With the new Ihan nerf , Mantle nerf and Taser nerf , relook at Rory for me will ya ? ;)

Fair enough, I can but you haven't told me why rory is hard to play, I have seen and played rory, and he is relatively easy to play, as his team does the work for him, and if he hasn't got a team, a lockbox does just fine... Hmm I have really never thought Rory has needed items to be effective really, he will be effective all game long regardless, of the builds. This is my opinion but if more people say he is harder to play I'll put him in moderate. I don't mind :D

Fair enough, I can but you haven't told me why rory is hard to play, I have seen and played rory, and he is relatively easy to play, as his team does the work for him, and if he hasn't got a team, a lockbox does just fine... Hmm I have really never thought Rory has needed items to be effective really, he will be effective all game long regardless, of the builds. This is my opinion but if more people say he is harder to play I'll put him in moderate. I don't mind :D

You are wrong. I and my team went up against banzai against 1 4v1. Banzai lasted 20minutes defending 1 tower . Banzai was rory. Too bad i cant find that replay .... damn . As for why he is hard / moderate is cause the molo's cd is so so so freaking slow . Plus he only needs 2-3 items and then he needs to be a support warding off maps for any possible gank ( or thats what i do ) . Plus some try imagining urself in a 2v5 and u're a rory in the (2) . Do you chicken out or do you fight? Since u are a CC , there is a chance for u to defend a tower and not let them take it and not be a little balerina and dance in the pool screaming "TEAMMATES HURRY UP . GET UR ASS OUT FROM UR GRAVE FOOL" . Also , for some lulz , it takes skill to Q a shadow . lolololol .

African, the problem with Rory is the other team xD. If your team does the work for you, the good opposite one targets you first. Any hero with stun vs rory in lane makes your molo/stevie useless. In team fights Rory is focused first.

And the most important thing why to play rory is not that easy is positioning. You should pisition him in a pretty thin line - not overextand and not be so far behind.

Haha, dude you need to understand heroes roles, rory is support, he can't defend a tower from 4 players, that's not his role, I don't think that's any heroes role.. Also I asked to leave out the fact that if a player plays a hero then he's hard or easy... Your examples are horrible in proving your point, just because a hero can't solo 4 players doesn't make him harder to play... This is pub mentality, in a tournament situation most of the time you will be working in pairs of a team of 5... In this case rory is easy, when he sees his team initiate throw molly, maybe stun if you need to, place stevie in a area you feel good about and AA... You can tell me this is hard to do, you just need some experience in team fight and your golden, has nothing to do with the skill of the hero... And examples such as its hard to q a shadow, well this applies to many heroes, but for rory all he needs to do is molly himself, put his R down and lockbox himself and Shadow is dead... Don't even need to click on the shadow :D then he runs, when you come out and he chases, stun then and cheers broo. But the point is that mentality is still 1v1... Which is N/A in determine if a hero is easy or not..

Haha, dude you need to understand heroes roles, rory is support, he can't defend a tower from 4 players, that's not his role, I don't think that's any heroes role.. Also I asked to leave out the fact that if a player plays a hero then he's hard or easy... Your examples are horrible in proving your point, just because a hero can't solo 4 players doesn't make him harder to play... This is pub mentality, in a tournament situation most of the time you will be working in pairs of a team of 5... In this case rory is easy, when he sees his team initiate throw molly, maybe stun if you need to, place stevie in a area you feel good about and AA... You can tell me this is hard to do, you just need some experience in team fight and your golden, has nothing to do with the skill of the hero... And examples such as its hard to q a shadow, well this applies to many heroes, but for rory all he needs to do is molly himself, put his R down and lockbox himself and Shadow is dead... Don't even need to click on the shadow :D then he runs, when you come out and he chases, stun then and cheers broo. But the point is that mentality is still 1v1... Which is N/A in determine if a hero is easy or not..

Right bro . I've 4v1 a team with rory in an inhouse before . Point is , it depends on the player . If you have a better example in why he is so easy to play , go on . I'm all ears. So you're telling me , if its a 2v5 , u just dance in da pool and let the enemy take the tower? *claps* . Btw , Rory is a support , caster , and a semi-CARRY . just-saying . lol . Either way , if you think this is that way then by all means go ahead. Guess different people have different point of view due to the experience they faced . i'm prolly the one who is used to 1v3/4 or 2v4 where we are outnumbered just because SEA people are all scared to make the first move >.< .

At maximus, ye good opposition will target a rory, just like they will target a shadow, boros (hard to do xD), zera, dustin, toxi, egon, this doesn't determine if a hero is hard to play, Shadows timing in a fight also has to be pretty good same with many hero's does this make them harder to play... Nooo that's just how team fights go. The point is if Rory is picked, you team will be pick around him, and Rory has it easy... If your team pick rory for the sake of rory, you will lose and that is bad picking, hmm but since I'm the only one debating this, I'll put him moderate then...

Tosh

Yes, spectres management is making him hard to play. W/o spectres his difficulty level would be like Nova or Raynor, which you consider as moderate.

Kerri

She has a lot of HP comparing with AGI carries and also insane damage. The only thing is positioning. IMO, she is closer to easy.

Balrog

He is almost immortal in early/mid game with good farming abilities. Really not that hard to play. However you need some skill to get kills and to be useful.

Erekul

Agree, situational and harder then Balrog. But skills are very easy to use. Somewhere between hard and moderate.

Queen

Banelings and ultralisk requires almost no skill xD Push/push/push... xD

Jackson

Quite easy skills, but needs good coordination and apm + good timing with initiation.

Misauri, still you go on about 1v4 players, wtf dude... How does that determine anything? That mean if your rory kills them with it, then your vastly better then the opposition, or extremely fed, regardless... This does not determine if a hero is easy to play or not. In the tournament you will not have a game where is 1 player vs 4 players as the 1 player is forced to surrender, or regarded bad manners, I've given you an example of why rory is easy, 5v5 situation when rory sits back let's his team initiate for him and throws his stuff out... This is ez... Only Maximuus has responded to this example, yet you persist on going on about a 1v4 situation... How is this helpful... Another situation rory + micro, shadow, Lz, unix, tychus, tosh, toxi, balrog, etc equals ez, partner initiates, throw molo and AA how is this hard, wait they have protect, rinse and repeat...I'm not saying its OP, its just ez, and yes maximus stuns and silences counter him.. What does stuns not counter?

Misauri, still you go on about 1v4 players, wtf dude... How does that determine anything? That mean if your rory kills them with it, then your vastly better then the opposition, or extremely fed, regardless... This does not determine if a hero is easy to play or not. In the tournament you will not have a game where is 1 player vs 4 players as the 1 player is forced to surrender, or regarded bad manners, I've given you an example of why rory is easy, 5v5 situation when rory sits back let's his team initiate for him and throws his stuff out... This is ez... Only Maximuus has responded to this example, yet you persist on going on about a 1v4 situation... How is this helpful... Another situation rory + micro, shadow, Lz, unix, tychus, tosh, toxi, balrog, etc equals ez, partner initiates, throw molo and AA how is this hard, wait they have protect, rinse and repeat...I'm not saying its OP, its just ez, and yes maximus stuns and silences counter him.. What does stuns not counter?

yeah sure , go on. since this game isn't about skill at all . Plus if u read , i also said Tass and grunty was put in wrongly . but meh , go with whatever you like . No point blabbering about it already . i'd go on but whats the point . point made simple , get on sea, get on inhouse and show me watcha got , or as rory says , Let's show 'em what we got ! . :D

Category 3: (Hard)

Brine, Cain, Cow, Balrog, Zeratul, Tass, Grunty, Vergil, Erekul, Jakk, Maar, Garamond.

why Cain is hard???

Grunty hard???

Vergil hard????

Erekul Hard (O-o)

Grunty is hard. His rocket is, probably, the hardest skill shot in the game + limited ulti + needs very good positioning.

Hmm ok Maximus, I agree with you on most points, ok queen can go to ez, Kerri, I still don't agree with because kerri's skills require postioning to fulfill her role, and a fraction out of place can mean death... Queen, balrog, Tosh (extremely hesistant to change, he use to be hard, not so much anymore, his ulti can run out of a zera ulti, come on) Jackson, warpshard and r and e, is ez, but ok it does require positioning pretty much all the time so I'll make him moderate. Ere I will still say hard...

Lol residente got butt-hurt by Nova and Cain in pub too much bro? These two are extremely hard to play in inh, as they rely so much on positioning its scary, one unit off they miss a kill and get killed... I've explained why I think rory and ere are hard, yet you give a slap in the face comment lol, basically in my eyes, your the one who doesn't know what he's talking about, when you actually have something important to talk about put it down and I'll debate it with you...

Mmmm at bin, Cain ye maybe he can be put in moderate, he's just very determinant on positioning, but I think I might drop him.

Ok so the new list that current stands (taking into the communities opinion):

Hard:

Brine, Cow, Zera, Tass, Grunty, Erekul, Jakk, Maar, Garamond, Tosh.

Moderate:

Marineking, Drake, Tychus, Leo, Darpa, Rancor, Nova, Raynor, Egon, Unix, Cyprus, Dustin, Balrog, Vergil, Jackson, Cain , Rory.

Easy:

Micro, LZ, Bio, Shadow, Boros, Toxi, Vorpal, Queen, Kerrigan

Are people happy with that?

Archived