[1.42] Cyprus too strong with new items?

PanHybrid

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I've been playing a lot of games against Cyprus players that have admitted having just picked up the hero with the new patch. And not only that, these players have been raping with him. Does anyone else think that Cyprus's synergy with the new items is a bit too much? Specifically Gravity Edge and Symphonic seed. Gravity Edge allows him to one shot with complete ease, and Symphonic seed makes it so that his ult cooldown is extremely low.

The extremely short cooldown on his blink coupled with these items makes him near impossible to kill or chase, even when using the blink to initiate. In any of these games, I usually have to build my character completely against these Cyprus ults, and even then, I get probably a 50% win rate if the Cyprus gets fed. I've seen very stacked tanks get one shotted by his skill and ult combo. One shotting squishies is fine, but it seems a bit outrageous when even tanks can't handle the burst.

I'll admit the problem might not be so bad in IH games, but I think it's problematic if we allow this issue to negatively affect pubs too much.

Thoughts?

I agree with you that a lot of people are starting to use him in the new patch because they want to be pubstars and think that playing a 1-hit wonder makes them pro.

Okay so after the QQ

I think with the Symphonic seed his ulti cooldown and ability to warp is ridiculous. 7 seconds to 3.5. He's really hard to deal with. I've been playing drake with the new patch and even at level 11 he can one shot me when I have spell buffer and parallax. End game tanks do not really have to worry about him killing them, but he does crush the AA carries you're trying to support and it's pretty damn hard to kill him yourself with the teleporting.

A really smart cyprus is also very good at walling off making his evasion ability even better.

i think that a lot of the burst casters from before got a huge buff this patch with the new items though it will take time to see how the meta changes. maybe spell resist will need a buff or maybe some of these casters will need a nerf. for now just trying different builds and strategies are the thing to do.

though i do like the thought of caster carries which system seems to be right now because once he grabs his items he is a beast. i was playing in a game yesterday and the other system had argus, edge, symphonic, reactor, nitrogen, and i think blue gene(it was a very long game). he was able to ulti about every 15 seconds (if he got a kill and seeing as his ulti would one shot anyone on my team[not it was 3v5 and our tanky heros had rq]) and take on our whole team. now that being said what is the difference between system doing this and say a fully itemed nova or shadow doing this same thing but not having to wait for a spell?

I have no problem with Cyprus being able to one shot certain heroes. It's what he's meant to do. The problem is that his blink is on an effectively 3 second cooldown with symphonic seed and yamato reactor, so he blinks out right after using his blink to get in. There needs to be some sort of tradeoff for jumping in and one shotting people: either high cooldowns or exposure to danger, and right now, Cyprus doesn't really have either.

The thing about Nova and shadow is that they can't one shot people from the mid-game, and even late game, you can survive against them for a reasonable amount of time if itemized correctly. And neither of them have the mobility of Cyprus currently. I played Nova a few times, and couldn't catch Cyprus even with my E, simply because the cooldown is too low. Also, he can blink over walls, exacerbating the problem.

I have to say that I have been playing cyprus on the last games and yes, I think cyprus is op mainly because he is easy to play and deals too much damage with his ulti. Also, when playing with and against cyprus I noticed how easy it is to run for cyprus, as the only hero cappable of chasing him is another cyprus lol

So maybe cyprus needs more cooldown as there are items that reduce his cooldown to ridiculous seconds.

I have to say that I have been playing cyprus on the last games and yes, I think cyprus is op mainly because he is easy to play and deals too much damage with his ulti. Also, when playing with and against cyprus I noticed how easy it is to run for cyprus, as the only hero cappable of chasing him is another cyprus lol

So maybe cyprus needs more cooldown as there are items that reduce his cooldown to ridiculous seconds.

have it like rancors stealth, there is an added CD for using it.

His rocks might have a much larger radius now as well, I've been trapped by rocks quite a few times now.

He's actually very good at crowd control near chokes.

Rocks havent changed, people are just getting smarter and understanding his greatest strength is not that Cannon but rather his ability to control the terrain and use it to position things in his favor.

He can prevent ganks, protect an ally, isolate an enemy hero and prevent escape etc with ease if hes used properly

Taser, Roulette.Jackson, Jim.Raynor, Lockbox, Spell Resist, HP, Micro, Jakk.Summers, Sentry, etc etc etc.... all good counters to Cyprus. A 2100 mineral item can make him useless for 5 seconds, which is plenty of time for you and your team to take him down.

True story

Taze him and he is toast

You have to be half decent to use cyprus (many nubs just use final and no combo and are so easy to kill) Cyprus does do MASSIVE damage at once but hes more of a finisher // Chaser // Killer carry unit. Versus mutiple people, he can kill someone but he can easily die in the process. Also with all the new spell resists, he nearly has to get gravity Edge and spell resist is still fairly effective especially since all those items come with high hp boosts. In my experience, cyprus is extremely strong early game which allows him to be strong late game because of feed. Cyprus is very counterable especially with the new Timescale system where it doesn't passive increase HP//Energy Regen Rate and reduction to Stun//Silence time. Silence destroys him, including stuns, and most people late game have around 3K HP (5K HP with spell resist). While cyprus can deal 3K damage he needs final and can only do it every so often. And certain heros would dominate the enemy without cyprus since cyprus is ment to shut down low hp and high AA heros that can in return kill enemies in about 3 seconds without even using abilities. I do think seismic wave CD could be longer just slightly. [Maybe by 1 or 2 seconds longer?] Also it is alot about reaction too.

A Very good player can stop a very good cyprus. Once a hero gets ahead, they become in the sense "OP", if everyone has even items nearly most heros with a few exceptions would be equal match. Reason cyprus is so strong is that he trains very well and can kill easily early game to get ahead. Even if 7 seconds is a low CD Most the time people have to use it to final and when they do 7 seconds is still decently long for a very squishy hero to escape. Most likely, the heros fault for straying from the group or the cyprus is just WAY WAY ahead level wise.

Cyprus OP with items yet who isn't OP with really good items? Nearly every single hero is op with high teir items early game. [sorry for repeating myself]

Cyprus OP with items yet who isn't OP with really good items? Nearly every single hero is op with high teir items early game. [sorry for repeating myself]

This comparison isn't really valid. Nobody really runs from a fed egon or Queen. In fact, I think queen should be reclassified as support since she really isn't a threat while alone.

As for Cyprus, a good player should do well with him, a stupid player can be tased as soon as he blinks in. Since his blink is the only escape move in the game that actually blocks your escape route if you use it to initiate, well, he's dead.

Archived