Vorpal

Virohs

Hey, ive been gone from sotis/AoS for a while, and one the the things i have noticed that has changed was Vorpal, hes now a str hero, can someone give me a quick rundown on what items i should be getting for him? ive been doing a Contam shard/ HoM build on him and was wondering of there is anything better.any help would be appreciated.

i'd probably rush a taser. it worked amazingly last night, due to how fast he can farm, and how relatively un-item dependent he is if built as a caster (which is how everyone builds him IH)

i start with 2x quantum spades (325 mineral, +10 weapon damage) and take the safe lane or mid so i can farm. you can surge and keep the wave at ur tower if needed (surge twice, once when the wave gets to your t2, once when it gets to ur t1 will bring the wave well into your tower)

The two spades help with last hits and denies - allowing you to out last hit and out deny most opponents with just plain superior damage and AA animation and allow you to build a quick runic gavel (10% timescale, 25 weapon dmg) which will let you farm like a mofo. From there, consider either a taser or a pyre, or if you are really behind, an ihan crystal.

Max surge first, and W second, with one point in E, and of course, take R whenever possible.

Play as a tank, taser to initiate, and then ult surge if you can get multiple enemies, or if you need to pull your team away from, say, a stevie or a rebounder, if applicable.

I think he is still best as a pure tank and not DPS. Others may disagree of course.

I usually go:

(1) Superheated Mantle

(2) Star Treks

(3) Organic Carapace

(4) Barbed Plating (unless whole team is casters)

(5) Nitrogen Refit

(6) Parallax Generator

Basically you soak damage and surge enemies to your team. Refit is a great support item as you slow anything you touch and your skills snare anything you get close to as well. You are also very, very, very hard to kill and can soak tons of damage due to Vorp's 25% damage resist from Dark Matter.

If you don't like pure tank, another thing to consider for Vorp as a strength hero is that each electric mantle he gets gives him 50 damage (35 + 15 from 30 strength). Electric Mantle also takes care of his stickiness problem in that he has problems maintaining chase on opponents. So you might even consider a mantle stacking build where you do something like superheated mantle, carapace, and 3 electric mantles which gives you 30% spell resist on top of the 25% you get from dark matter, 150 bonus weapon damage for the 3 mantles, 900 bonus health and nonstop stuns on anything that attacks you. And if any hero attacks you with mantle activated, that is an easy Q+R kill.

• 2 weeks later...

My humble opinion, INT based vorpal posted by iguana and pyre instead of superheated is my usual build for him on ih when i played a few weeks ago.

With the right sinergy and team comp, ihan+ult+surge can erase an entire team im combinated with jax,shadow(vortex),rory...

because it is gay guz, and u like do that kind of things :D

My standart build for vorpal is

1. :VoidSteppers:

2. :ElectricMantle:

3. :ForceofEntropy:

4. :IsomorphicPyre: or :ContaminationShard: (depending if I play vs tanks or vs agi/casters)

5. :SuperheatedMantle: or :TimeSplitter: (depending if i need help to clean waves and there are many melee heros or if i want extra evasion)

6. :DarwinsMight: or :OrganicCarapace: (depending if i want be better dps, so i can heal fast in fights or if i want be more tanki and just go middle of the fight ant take tons of dmg)

because it is gay guz, and u like do that kind of things :D

My standart build for vorpal is

1. :VoidSteppers:

2. :ElectricMantle:

3. :ForceofEntropy:

4. :IsomorphicPyre: or :ContaminationShard: (depending if I play vs tanks or vs agi/casters)

5. :SuperheatedMantle: or :TimeSplitter: (depending if i need help to clean waves and there are many melee heros or if i want extra evasion)

6. :DarwinsMight: or :OrganicCarapace: (depending if i want be better dps, so i can heal fast in fights or if i want be more tanki and just go middle of the fight ant take tons of dmg)

Heheheheh come on residente ;) take it easy putita!!

Still think INT based vorpal gives better results on ih than the old dps-leech/hp based vorpal. He is one of my most used heroes, and even tho I used to use a very similar build to that of residente's, still think caster vorpal gives better results.

Anyway, this is always according to the team comp and the role vorpal has to play on the game.

Barbed plating is a piece of trash item. Especially on vorpal. When shadow is attacking you with 300 dmg, chances are you will be reflecting like 30 of that. 20% physical leech brings back 100% more health than is relfected.

Barbed is not trash and especially not on Vorpal. Generally, to make something imbalanced in a game like AoS you take a certain quality of something in the game (like a hero) and then you do your best to multiply it. In the case of Vorpal barbed is good with a tanky build because it stacks directly with dark matter. I also get barbed on Leo as well because all you need on him is tankiness and hitting the attack speed cap (or faster) because barbed stacks with his damage reflecting ability and attack speed (not damage) scales his ultimate..

Archived