[New Hero] Samurai.Gintama

RaKuRa

[New Hero] Samurai.Gintama

Quick Summary: Now that I have watched 20+ episodes … I feel expert enough to create an AoS hero based on the Anime [..before commenting on that statement Banzai … plz note the italics]. But in all seriousness … I hope I have done a decent job and RNG won’t ban me for life for desecrating his favorite Anime character.

Overall the hero fights using his samurai skills and wacky friends to destroy his enemies - heroes/creep between him and his paycheck.

Changelog:

09/10/2012

- first posted

Difficulty: Easy

Name: Samurai.Gintama

Portrait: up to RNG

Unit Base: up to RNG (when in doubt use Zeratul’s model :>)

Type: AGI

Script: Leave the honor/pleasure to RNG

Gintama’s Weapon: Sword (wooden) melee range

Shimpachi’s Weapon: Sword (wooden) melee range (physical dmg)

Kagura’s Weapon: Umbrella (machinegun) 5.5 range (spell dmg)

Abilities:

Heroic Passive: Un-mutable Skill

"Gintama loves reading Jump and does not take particular pleasure talking to others, but when he does talk, he cannot be stopped - Gintama has a 50% chance to resist silence effects.”

---

Ability One: Strike of the Samurai

"Gintama jumps and strikes a target. The strike is so fierce that it cracks the ground behind the target and causing tremors for 3 seconds. The tremors will slow enemies.”

Energy Cost: 70/95/120/145

Cooldown: 14

Range: 5.5

Level 1: 110 spell dmg (+50% Int); tremors slow targets for 15%

Level 2: 170 spell dmg (+50% Int); tremors slow targets for 20%

Level 3: 230 spell dmg (+50% Int); tremors slow targets for 25%

Level 4: 290 spell dmg (+50% Int); tremors slow targets for 25%

Effect: As a melee agi hero he needs to reach and keep up with target. Jump plus tremors help with that.

---

Ability Two: Freelancers

"Gintama is accompanied by his wacky freelancer partners in all his journeys. Shimpachi will attack targets that Gintama attacks. Kagura will attack targets that attack Gintama (both prioritize enemy heroes over creep). Followers are heroic units, have 25% of Gintama’s HP and will respawn next to Gintama after45 sec if killed. Gintama cannot control his followers

Energy Cost:

Cooldown:

Range: Passive

Level 1: followers’ attacks do 15% of Gintama’s dmg

Level 2: followers’ attacks do 20% of Gintama’s dmg and cause target to bleed for 1% of HP over 3 sec (non-stackable)

Level 3: followers’ attacks do 25% of Gintama’s dmg and, additionally to bleed, slow target for 3%

Level 4: followers’ attacks do 30% of Gintama’s dmg and double bleed/slow bonus effect.

Effect: Btw this skill (in various shapes and forms) can be made into a nice passive for other heroes RNG wants to create.

--

Ability Three: Swift Strike

"With each attack, Gintama has a chance to hit a second adjacent target for 50% weapon dmg +100%INT spell dmg. If no such target is available at time of proc, Gintama will hit the original target with its Swift Strik”.

Energy Cost: passive

Cooldown:

Range: melee

Level 1: 10% proc chance

Level 2: 15% proc chance

Level 3: 20% proc chance

Level 4: 25% proc chance

Effect: As a melee Agi hero you need to make the most of it when you have a chance to hit

--

Ultimate Ability: Determination of the Yorozuya

"Gintama, Shimpachi and Kagura smell that paycheck is around the corner and will fight for it fiercely.”

Energy Cost: 140/210/280

Cooldown: 120/105/90

Range:

Duration: 4/6/8

Level 1: Time scale increased by 10%

Level 2: Time scale increased by 17.5%

Level 3: Time scale increased by 25%

Effect: Effectively increasing attack speed, movement speed, regen by %. Allowing Gintama to chase and kill for a short period of time.

---

Thanks for reading, and please make a constructive comment \ suggestion!

Hah, nice job, but as Whale says, he's pretty OP.

His heroic passive is pretty ridiculous. Passive ilence immunity is way too much. I suggest adding an internal cooldown to the skill and making it remove 1 silence debuff if the skill is off cd.

Base damage of Q is too high. There's no reason for such high damage since the skill itself has no notable limitations.

I think his W is ok for the most part, since Kagura and Shinpachi would probably get squished by aoe. However, Kagura being ranged and dealing spell damage is too much, just leave it as physical damage.

E is fine.

His ultimate may be a little too powerful given that his followers also get the bonus. 35% time is quite alot, considering that Shade's ulti gives 20%.

3 range is also much too long for a melee hero, it's like Shade with level 4 stepping strikes.

Also, Gintama isn't his name..,

well he doesn't really have many skills to silence. basically he will Q+R onto the enemy squishy and then just AA away. no casting needed. i could see cerebro on him

Im mostly worried about the 35% timescale, and the fact that three of his skills are steroids (each one quite powerful by itself)

Hah, nice job, but as Whale says, he's pretty OP.

His heroic passive is pretty ridiculous. Passive ilence immunity is way too much. I suggest adding an internal cooldown to the skill and making it remove 1 silence debuff if the skill is off cd.

- Changed to 50% chance to resist silence (note that this does not include stuns... and there aren't that many silencing effects - Taser, Jax, Egon.. probably I am missing someone)

Base damage of Q is too high. There's no reason for such high damage since the skill itself has no notable limitations.

- Slightly reduced to max 290 (from 320). For Agi heroes I usually compare to Darpa who at 3 Vendetta has 450 spell dmg (+50% Int) and from a safe distance. Gintama actually has to jump to enemy hero and expose himself to harass/dmg (also cannot be used near towers).

I think his W is ok for the most part, since Kagura and Shinpachi would probably get squished by aoe. However, Kagura being ranged and dealing spell damage is too much, just leave it as physical damage.

- range decreased to 5.5 for Kagura. Spell dmg should be Ok (late game ~100 spell per attack before mitigation/resist is not much). If anything it can be balanced by her attack speed. Spell dmg helps vs. Agi heroes attacking you.

E is fine.

His ultimate may be a little too powerful given that his followers also get the bonus. 35% time is quite alot, considering that Shade's ulti gives 20%.

- change to max 25% at lvl 3. Still higher than Shadow's but Shadow's ulti also gives him cover and his stepping strikes also effectively increase his attack speed as he doesn't chase a target but just attaches himself to it.

3 range is also much too long for a melee hero, it's like Shade with level 4 stepping strikes.

- made it more generic - "melee"

Also, Gintama isn't his name..,

- I know. I think the combination Samurai Gin-tama still works (Samurai Gin-san) ... I am no expert in Japanese so plz correct me if wrong. Also it can always be renamed to something else (say, just Gintama)

Archived