Taser Still OP

lOvOl

So taser no longer grants 35% weapon speed, a little bit of int, a small attack, and some mana regen. It also applies no damage amplification, but now costs only 2100 and grants strength and spell resist which is not a bad tradeoff for that 35% weapon speed which no longer matters as much since hitting the attack speed cap is pretty easy.

So was taser nerfed? Yah a little bit. Its 5 second active (tooooooooo long) is still a straight up hard counter to any non-AA hero. On top of that, now that boots have been removed, the relative cost of having taser in your inventory rather than some DPS or intelligence or other defensive item is quite a bit less since you have room for 5 more items that can do everything else you need for your hero.

On top of that, the reduced cost and its new nature means you can stack them more easily and chain them to completely shut down an individual hero (and there is no good counter unless you taser them first).

So what about a 3 second silence, but a reduced cooldown to compensate for this nerf. For instance maybe every 10-15 seconds the cooldown is refreshed.

HAHAHAH OH BOY CHAIN SILENCE HAHAHHAHAHAHAH You made my day, that is why only theory suck, you should test your taser stacking in practise. As far I can tell you stacking items active will not give you any strategical bonus from that. Do you imagine stacking actives? 2-3 sunflares and any tank can suck you dick, sorry for the language but it is true.

Yeah 3 second silence -,- I'll not even catch my prey and the silence will wear off.

It is a must because a wild null comes, ulti you, lockbox, forcefiends around, blades and if you are not dead yet he stuns and kill you.

After getting raped like this 2 times I bought taser and they guy RQ ;d

So yeah, the silence is a must sometimes else some heroes would be untouchable, like darpa or mohander or cyprus.

iOvOi ... stop it.

The only reason you think taser is especially OP is because you play casters in pubs, like maar, and you're pretty good. Therefore you become a primary point of focus, and get tasered. You can't taser a whole team, so if you had a team to back you up, taser wouldn't be nearly as effective.

Unix + taser comes faster and is thus even deadlier now.

iOvOi ... stop it.

The only reason you think taser is especially OP is because you play casters in pubs, like maar, and you're pretty good. Therefore you become a primary point of focus, and get tasered. You can't taser a whole team, so if you had a team to back you up, taser wouldn't be nearly as effective.

I think it's a legitimate complaint though, since taser makes you completely helpless for 5 seconds. This is not fun, and there is no way to counter it other than maybe having a balrog on your team. Parallax generator isn't very reliable now.

Too bad you can't cast items while silenced anymore. :(

afaik, you cannot stack actives anymore, because items share their cooldowns now.

mean, if you have 3 sunflares, and activate 1, the other 2 sunflares also are on cooldown

Ahhhh that is nice to know. Thanks. That makes taser a little less annoying, though I think its duration is still too long. I can see why you need it to lock down a particular hero or counter a hero like Unix, but 5 seconds silence is a bit too long if you ask me for such a powerful non-hero ability.

Ahhhh that is nice to know. Thanks. That makes taser a little less annoying, though I think its duration is still too long. I can see why you need it to lock down a particular hero or counter a hero like Unix, but 5 seconds silence is a bit too long if you ask me for such a powerful non-hero ability.

but without that disable, for example, in a team with a good micro or drake, you are rly flobed up without taser to prevent psionic slam and epilogue

iOvOi ... stop it.

I play all heroes but yah I have played MAAR a bit lately cause he is very fun with small hadron collider. That is not really even the issue here. Taser is even more of a hard counter against other heroes and in my opinion no item should be a HARD COUNTER against a particular type of hero. I mean, was barbed plating balanced when it hard countered AA heroes with 50% true damage before mitigation? Now it is 30% spell damage and a decent item for its cost, though I would like to see that spell damage go to true damage even if it got nerfed to 25% damage returned before mitigation.

You should not be able to just get an item that completely nullifies an entire class of heroes. That is just bad design if you ask me. 3 seconds silence with a short cooldown is enough to lock down a hero to unload your active abilities from items and your hero on the target hero but it won't completely render a hero useless in a teamfight. 5 seconds is just toooooooo long.

• 2 weeks later...

Amusingly enough, since its "minor" nerf, I have been tased much, much less often.

Before, as unix, nearly every AA would grab a taser to shut me down, making late game really, really rough. Now, most of the glass cannons cant be bothered to buy it, leaving me free to unix stick the hell out of them, if you catch my drift. Drink up!

I know the 5 second stun can be debilitating, but it no longer feels liek a death sentance
unless you are alone
. When tased by a group and you are alone, its a bad, bad feeling. Butthat is your fault, since solo-ing is always a risk.

Taser is a defensive item, not an offensive one. The only heroes that it is actually a big deal to be tasered are Darpa and Nova, since their small amounts of hp cannot endure the damage they will take without their escape abilities. I don't see why it would matter to any spell caster except Rory (Has cast times, so the enemy can just wait for him to start his combo, then shut it down halfway, thus forcing half his spells to work without the support of the other half). Yes it is a bit annoying, but as a spell caster, what would frighten me more are the other ~2000 mineral items that are meant to counter a single hero. Oh yes. These.

. :FlareGun::SchrodingersLockbox:

Archived