The picking system

Shab

So, I've played a couple of inhouse games now, and it seems like your picking/banning system is kind of bad.

The games I've played we've done.

Banning phase

T1: 1st ban

T2 2nd ban

T1: 3rd ban

T2: 4th ban

Picking phase

T1: 1st pick

T2: 2nd and 3rd pick

T1: 4th and 5th pick.

Banning phase 2

T1: 5th ban

T2: 6th ban.

Picking phase 2

T2: 6th and 7th pick

T1: 8th and 9th pick

T2 10th pick.

I might not have gotten this completely right, but my main concern is having 2 picks for 1 team, and 3 picks for the other team in the first picking phase. Since the system is clearly stolen from DotA, I don't understand why you haven't copied it entirely, and have 3 picks for both teams before the 2nd banning phase. So it would be

T1: 1st pick

T2: 2nd and 3rd pick

T1: 4th and 5th pick

T2: 6th pick.

Can someone explain me if there's any thoughts behind not doing it like this? Because it seems kind of weird to me.

If this is in the wrong part of the forum, I sincerely apologize, and ask you kindly to move it to wherever it's supposed to be. Thanks.

-Shab.

There was a whole broadcast I did once where pretty much all I did was complain how bad the 2t/2g system is. Drafting pick, or Captain's Mode, should be the IH standard, but banning all pick is quicker and requires less effort. Personally I think that drafting is really important for recognizing in/balance and should be used way more often.

There was a whole broadcast I did once where pretty much all I did was complain how bad the 2t/2g system is. Drafting pick, or Captain's Mode, should be the IH standard, but banning all pick is quicker and requires less effort. Personally I think that drafting is really important for recognizing in/balance and should be used way more often.

What does this have to do with anything? :)

Personally I didn't no it was done that way tbh, if that's the way, it shouldn't be too hard to implement... The whole purpose of the draft pick was to be more similar to the picking system of the other Moba's, as they have more experience with it, so its not such a problem to do so let's do it :) btw I lol-ed at your reply at heckle xD

You asked why people don't do drafting pick, and I gave you an answer? Afraid I don't understand, Shab.

From what I've heard, integrating a drafting interface into the game is being worked on. Think I either read it in the dev forum or heard it on Mumble.

Oh no, you must have misunderstood, my only concern is why there's 2 picks from one team before the second banning phase, and 3 for the other team. And why it isn't like it is in DotA where you have 3 picks for both teams before the 2nd banning phase.

Oh no, you must have misunderstood, my only concern is why there's 2 picks from one team before the second banning phase, and 3 for the other team. And why it isn't like it is in DotA where you have 3 picks for both teams before the 2nd banning phase.

Oh wow, really? That is... odd. Whoever was running that draft may have been a bit mixed up. That's sounds really horrible, doesn't make much sense at all.

Why are there 6 bans? It seems like too many bans for the relatively small hero pool in this game. 4 bans should suffice. The only reason the ban count was increased in LoL was because there are more than 100 champs there.

I'm a big fan of 6 bans right now. DotA2 has TEN, with only a pool of 90 heroes at the moment, whereas WC3 DotA has 112 after the most recent addition iirc. Six bans right now might seem a little constricting, but I feel like it'll be good for a long, long time as the pool (rather slowly) increases.

There's 6 in lol but they have 110 or so characters. Wtf 10 bans. How long are you in the picking mode lol.

Like 5-10 min ish. Depends if it's a fast or slow draft, there's a time limitation though, not like in sotis where this stuff is done in the lobby.

Once Whale, Takeitez, Awesomeclock, omerta and myself came back to AoS after a couple weeks of only DotA 2 (back when we were all on sidds mumble) We tried to do the draft in AoS ihs. At first we decided that it wouldn't work due to the lack of hero numbers, but after a few more heroes were released we decided that we can do it. We showed it to EU idk why they changed the draft though.

Archived