Garamond new builds?

coneroll

ive been trying out garamond just to see whats up, and i realized that timescale is scarce now, you can only get it on yamato, so i played him. ive tried an int build (argus, gravity) and its ok but you can only attack them with your R and when you use seeker missiles good players would just run away, so i made a build that doesnt focus on INT, an AA garamond (i dont know if this is known, and if it is, ok). and please share your gara post 1.4 builds, its fun to play him :)

my core items, contam shard, pyre and organic/shm

you can solo levi at lvl 16 with 15%leech :)

and i havent tried the items where its like every 4th attack you attack for 125spell damage, but ill try it out soon

also, khardryan absorber might be good for him but i havent tried it out

i know wierd post

EDIT: its wierd, after the recent patch most game i played is defend the base or attack the base, ive had games like that 4-5 times in a row during the weekend. his also one of the best to defend towers

22742593.jpg

I gotta redo my build now. Dayum.

Yup. If I'm wrong, I blame Whale.

garamonds "attack" is really just a skill on a very short cooldown that summons scvs. and then when you try to attack someone, if you have scvs, they will fly out and do damage. This is why a silence will prevent him from attacking, because it stops his ability to use the summon scv skill, as well as destroying any scvs currently attached to him

thus cooldown reduction should still increase his "attack" speed. along that train of thought.... symphonic seed, which gives 50% cooldown reduction whenever you get an assist or kill, should be a fairly nice pick up on garamond.

Then I blame Whale. Are you certain though? I'd have expected ekco to simply tack on a regen debuff to Timescale in addition to it's speed debuff and label it as cooldown reduction.

Tried playing him several times, couldnt speed up his attack at the 1.39 release (had a friend help me make a private game to test diff item combos). When I asked about it in patch notes back at 1.37, was told it was on the to do list. I'll try again sometime soon in case he snuck it in 1.40, but I'm pretty sure its still broken based on the attack speeds I saw on spring allies today. Cant make test games atm and there arent enough ppl online to play.

EDIT: it should work the way whale described though once the proper changes are made

ive been trying out garamond just to see whats up, and i realized that timescale is scarce now, you can only get it on yamato, so i played him. ive tried an int build (argus, gravity) and its ok but you can only attack them with your R and when you use seeker missiles good players would just run away, so i made a build that doesnt focus on INT, an AA garamond (i dont know if this is known, and if it is, ok). and please share your gara post 1.4 builds, its fun to play him :)

my core items, contam shard, pyre and organic/shm

you can solo levi at lvl 16 with 15%leech :)

and i havent tried the items where its like every 4th attack you attack for 125spell damage, but ill try it out soon

also, khardryan absorber might be good for him but i havent tried it out

i know wierd post

EDIT: its wierd, after the recent patch most game i played is defend the base or attack the base, ive had games like that 4-5 times in a row during the weekend. his also one of the best to defend towers

I still play Gara as a late game carry ... Pendant > Lockbox > Gravity > Blue Jeans > Yamatto > Argus > Pendant to situational item

Please note that I have bolded Lockbox .. .that is your solution to "good players running away from missiles".

Takes some time to master lockbox combo but after that it is almost always intant kill on any Agi/Int heroes.

When I tested it, CDR wasn't increasing his attack speed.

I can also confirm this, and I believe there are plans to do something about it sometime.

I put up a bug report about it and RNG gave an answer that left more questions than anything :P

http://www.aeonofstorms.com/index.php?/topic/1146-garamond-attackspeed/

Archived