European inhouse community unwelcoming and unfriendly?

Shab

Herro Errybody!

For those of you who don't know me, I'm one of the old school players from the EU server. I played the game in 1.0, started inhousing in 2.0, and played all the way up to version 6.0. I was a respected member within the European community, I wrote some guides on the forums, held beginner inhouses to get newer members into the scene etc etc. And I was also one of the biggest trolls on the forums, which some of you might remember. I was always among the best players on the server, but I never really held that top spot. Anyways, enough about me, just trying to give you guys some back ground info on who I am.

So I came back home a couple of days ago (I've been studying in Australia), and my friend John, who is also an oldschool player himself, asked me to join his team for the SotIS (yeah I still call it SotIS) tournament that is being held later this month. I said I'd help him out.

In preparation to this tournament, I decided I'd play some SotIS, and got to play 3 inhouses, all of which were friendly, despite me not being in my best form. I had got invited to every inhouse I had asked to join, but then today I heard they were looking for people to play an inhouse, I wrote in the chat in the game, and asked to be invited, but I was told by the host (JustEuropean), that the game was full. However, a friend of mine, who wants to stay anonymous told me that there was 4 spots left, as I have him on real ID I joined off of him, and indeed there was 4 spots left. I was kicked immediately. I asked to spec, he added computers and I sat in a spectators spot, I assumed they had people coming, since he had indeed said it was full. But he kept inviting people who declined, meaning they had defiantly not told him they were coming to play, 10 minutes later I said I'd play if they needed players, but I was ignored, my friend also said I was available to play, but he was also ignored. Later on he told me that the host (JustEuropean) refused to play with me, for what reason I do not know. He also said the host had said that the players: Guz, Spooky and Zeeeend wouldn't want to play with me, that they would leave the game if I played. I saw no Guz in the lobby, but I saw Spooky and Zeeeend. They were people I had never talked to, nor seen before, so I was wondering why in the world they wouldn't want to play with me. So I simply sent them a PM asking what was up, here's the chat logs:

30ncjfd.jpg

In other words, the host was lying about people not wanting to play with me, why would anybody do such a thing?

All I know is that if anybody acted like that back in the days when I was fairly active, we would just make a new lobby and not include them in it, because that kind of behavior was unheard of back then, and the players had honor enough to tell players to get the flob out if they had an attitude like that.

So I can only conclude that the new European inhouse community is unfriendly, and unwelcoming, I hope someone will prove me wrong

-Shablagoo.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Herrooo Shablagoo :D I was drunk one time when you messaged me. I think you gave me a pw but I don't remember it lol

I haven't found them too unfriendly when I was playing in EU, I've played maybe 10-15 games on EU so far and it's been fun? D: At least I've been picked first in most of the inhouses. I sometimes even get picked first! (Honestly, I think that's probably a bad choice, but seems okay to me considering I get to play?) But everyone has always been nice to me when I say I'm from NA. Did you make some enemies in your old days? :)

Hmmm Shab when ever I'm organizing, your always welcome and you no that! So is any of the older players! Its sad how some people can be, and I apologize for how some of the newer guys can be...

Well I've already mentioned that it was JustEuropean who hosted, don't know why he acted the way. And I know I'm welcome in your games, and I appreciate that, I think you're a very cool guy, and you should know that by now :)

But yeah, I'm just a bit surprised that anyone is allowed to act like that with no consequences what so ever, is this something the average EU community member thinks is ok, or?

Shard is the IdrA of AoS. Sometimes, just don't take him too serious. I was in the team that he rq at the tournament, but there are always players that rage easily.

Nevertheless, i will definitely play with you, shab. I know you from the old forums, but I never had the pleasure to play with you yet. ;-)

Shard is the IdrA of AoS. Sometimes, just don't take him too serious. I was in the team that he rq at the tournament, but there are always players that rage easily.

Nevertheless, i will definitely play with you, shab. I know you from the old forums, but I never had the pleasure to play with you yet. ;-)

omg IdrA does not give a flob

Now now, Shard hating on Shab shouldn't be too surprising lol. Or maybe Shab didn't know JustEuropean (or whatever he is) is Shard who used to play with us old school players in 4.0.

I know, don't worry. Get your ass online in sc2 and let's practice some flobing SotIS brow!

It's like a 12 year old throwing a tantrum.

Anyway everyone is welcome when important organising but i do feel like it is less welcoming than a few months ago when we needed to try hard to get 1 going where as now its easy

Well to be fair, $500 makes everything easier. Except trying to recruit SEA players. I'm sure the reward money did play quite a role in encouraging a more enthusiastic response to the tourney.

Awww man . If you so desire , get a sea account , get on AOS Chat and say "Inhouse now" . You'll be suprise at how much people wanna play . Just that we SEA are too lazy to organize/capt but dying to inhouse

I think he'd be surprised at how we drag random pubbers out from game lobbies just because we can't find enough people for an inhouse. But, that's why we are by far the most open inhouse community.

"You have Starcraft 2? Welcome to the SEA Inhouse community!"

I think he'd be surprised at how we drag random pubbers out from game lobbies just because we can't find enough people for an inhouse. But, that's why we are by far the most open inhouse community.

"You have Starcraft 2? Welcome to the SEA Inhouse community!"

Or how we randomly invite people and when the game is finish loading they'll be like "What is this ? " . lol . Anywho , i think we're drifting off topic from that the title states ;p

I am saddened but not disappointed. Although my experience with the EU inhouse community is indeed very limited, I wouldn't expect anything but what we have seen here. I don't know you, Shablagoo, but I will take your word you have contributed a lot, and people here seem to know you - so it seems baffling that a person chooses to exclude your from a game purely out of personal dislike for you. It's like gradeschool bullying, you know? "I'm not gonna play if that guy plays", thus forcing everyone to choose between the two of you.

How unfortunate.

Archived