Gravitys Edge

TIP

Gravity's edge is the only item that allows casters to stand a chance agaisnt boros, and one of the few items that allows casters to remain relevant with all the new HP items.

Gravity's Edge is not overpowered, it simply allows casters to not be Under Powered. With the new patch, each role is now viable where before only AA carries were actually doing their jobs, the rest were rather gimed.

Gravity's Edge is fine, as are most of the new items.

This patch has made the game much, much more even. I really like where the game is right now.

One question: Does the True-Damage conversion happen before spell damage bonuses are applied or after? For example, Argus Crystal increases spell damage by 10%. If Cyprus's Fist deals a base of 1,000 damage, is this upped to 1,100 first and then split into 550 spell and 550 true or is it first split into 500 spell and 500 true and only the 500 spell is increased to 550?

Current true damage conversion works like this: Base 1000 spell damage is amped to 1200 with argus then applied to target as 1200 spell damage. Gravity Edge then converts 50% of that intended damage, and applies another 600 true damage to target. Total 1800 raw damage before resistance.

Considering for raynor, and his amplifying mark of death, 1000 base is amped to 1200 with argus, then amplified on impact on marked target to 1560 spell damage, with a further 50% of damage dealt applied as 780 true damage, approximately 2106 total damage to target, factoring base resistances, from a base 1000 spell damage. (Yamato reactor + Dutch Whisky passive would turn that closer to 3K damage, throw in amplified Molotov damage for more lulz)

Gravity's edge is not op if it works as provided in its description wherein it provides an 8% damage boost (less after patch), but it was doing a 50% unmitigated damage boost (35% now, but still stronger than argus). Anyone who saw those damage figures it was doing, and is still asserting that it's not overpowered, clearly does not know the bs that he is spouting. Figure this, all these spell damage effects were boosted by half. Pyre, explosive retrofit, star's fury, black hole magnum, sunflare gun, to name a few. (And there were fools qq-ing that AA heroes were OP this patch, right.)

Gravity's edge is clearly bugged and not working as intended, and the general consensus would attest to this (Nobody is going to whine about an 8% spell damage increase, nobody really even notices rory's 10% spell boost, but suddenly everyone is saying this item is broken?)

Gravity Edge certainly does seem bugged when used on heroes, as spells are found to be dealing way more damage than expected, even if say, 100% of the damage dealt was true.

However, when I tested on Obelisks(Lvl 18 Balrog using screech, since 100% INT scaling makes it easier to calculate), Grav Edge seemed to work properly(I even bought INT items to match Grav Edge's INT bonus on the test without Grav Edge).

Gravity Edge certainly does seem bugged when used on heroes, as spells are found to be dealing way more damage than expected, even if say, 100% of the damage dealt was true.

However, when I tested on Obelisks(Lvl 18 Balrog using screech, since 100% INT scaling makes it easier to calculate), Grav Edge seemed to work properly(I even bought INT items to match Grav Edge's INT bonus on the test without Grav Edge).

That maybe will sound stupid, but I found something strange

I saw raynor with that item, he ult another hero, that hero took X damage and 0.5 (aprox) sec later he took another amount of dmg (much less but noticeable)

PS: the damaged hero was in the pool so he didn't took that extra damage from other source

Before, it applied a debuff increasing spell damage taken by 10%. This meant that team mates could benefit from one person having Argus. Now, it just applies a buff upping spell damage dealt by 20% to the person holding it.

Yep, now is much better because with heros like Rancor or Raynor, your ulti deal that extra damage when your enemy is running away :3

Are u sure this item is broken against other heroes? I also performed some tests with obelisk, aeon and seems it works as it supposed to. Haven't tested on heroes though. About the question - I'm quite sure all damage-based item effects are applied after damage amplification but before damage reduction. I don't know if it was changed recently but this way worked BHM, Critical Strikes, Leech, etc.

Archived