AoS is becoming too complicated

nightShadow

For the hardcore user that plays every day this is not an issue. However, for the more casual gamer all of the changes are becoming burdensome. We are going to start losing new/casual gamers.

AoS is becoming more item dependent. You need to know which items counter which hero, and in which circumstance to get certain items (this has always been the case but is more pronounced now). If you don't make a concerted effort to read the forums and play a lot, it's impossible to keep up with everything.

Also the new items are too strong. Toward the end of mid game and beginning of late game, one shoting a hero become common place. It's all about who can land their spell first.

This makes having new/casual gamers on your team even more detrimental.

I know many of you look down on pubs, but if you don't keep a health pub population the game will die.

I've always been for new items, and I'm really excited to see the new arsenal go through the balancing it deserves and the impact it'll have in high level and pub games. What this game really really really needs now, to compliment these new items is more heroes, and more diverse heroes. Maybe some more melee like Leo and some more off/true supports like Egon?

Yah I think a few people on mumble also agree with you. From your standpoint I also understand. I used to mostly play ladder and play SotIS casually. I was good, but every time a new crazy patch came out, I didn't think it was worth the effort to play the game. But frustration sets in as it often does when you play ladder, so I would relearn the game. I relearned the game at least 6 times because I would go on a hiatus after mass patching.

Stepping back now, I feel like even if you don't feel like it's worth the time to relearn, IT IS ACTUALLY WORTH IT. Play a couple of games and watch what other people do and then mimic how they play. In the end it's worth it! AoS will be the custom game that you'll play every time ladder gets boring. I quit ladder in the mean time, but learning the new items isn't so bad :D If you haven't played since the new heroes came out then ummmmmm you have lots of catching up to do. But in the end, SO WORTH YOUR TIME!

Yah I think a few people on mumble also agree with you. From your standpoint I also understand. I used to mostly play ladder and play SotIS casually. I was good, but every time a new crazy patch came out, I didn't think it was worth the effort to play the game. But frustration sets in as it often does when you play ladder, so I would relearn the game. I relearned the game at least 6 times because I would go on a hiatus after mass patching.

Stepping back now, I feel like even if you don't feel like it's worth the time to relearn, IT IS ACTUALLY WORTH IT. Play a couple of games and watch what other people do and then mimic how they play. In the end it's worth it! AoS will be the custom game that you'll play every time ladder gets boring. I quit ladder in the mean time, but learning the new items isn't so bad :D If you haven't played since the new heroes came out then ummmmmm you have lots of catching up to do. But in the end, SO WORTH YOUR TIME!

I think one-shot kills like the OP described actually make it worse for relearners, since the only way to counter a cyprus who can 1hit people is to get the items that counter it. :P

i didn't play this for ~a week and i like the new changes. more items = more fun. more complicated = more fun. would you like to play a game with only one hero, and 2 items? no, 100 heroes and 200 items would be more fun.

Also the new items are too strong. Toward the end of mid game and beginning of late game, one shoting a hero become common place. It's all about who can land their spell first.

you only get "one-shotted" if you are stupid, or if enemy is too fed, or if you play as super glass cannon pure dps type of hero. :D play as a strong tank in a pub game, you will have a hard time trying to die.

The harder it is, the longer the learning curve is.

The longer the learning curve is, the more time you will spend.

The more time you will spend, the more fun you will have.

This is not a Professional-after-first-match-Game, lol.

completely agree with you, the funny part of this game is that you should find new builds on X or Y hero, different talents for the role you want, what items counter other items or other heros, i dont know, make you think a little bit if you want win a game, i've been playing since 2010 and I'm always learning new things, and im not retarded -__-

Archived