Cain is to strong

Bryan

the reason is i was playing against him in mid lane and when he got his ulti ( i dont know what it does ) bam i died and i had like 800 hp so im like ok maybe i got ganked so i respawn then i get my inhibitor and i lane again then when his ulti gets of CD he gets me to like 100hp but i had 1.3k so i did not die which i dont think he should be able to do that dmg at a lvl 1 ulti.

my point is that his ultimate should get nerfed

Want to deal with Cain? A Mossberg will shut him down very effectively. Or any silence your hero may have. Also, cloaking stops the uber-shots from hitting you, if I recall correctly. He's not overpowered, but he is indeed very strong in 1v1 situations. You require a good surprise to take out Cain if you don't have some way of preventing him from activating his ult+barrage. Due to the barrage ability, most Cains will not build a lot of attack speed, so when you silence him, he can't do much.

Want to deal with Cain? A Mossberg will shut him down very effectively. Or any silence your hero may have. Also, cloaking stops the uber-shots from hitting you, if I recall correctly. He's not overpowered, but he is indeed very strong in 1v1 situations. You require a good surprise to take out Cain if you don't have some way of preventing him from activating his ult+barrage. Due to the barrage ability, most Cains will not build a lot of attack speed, so when you silence him, he can't do much.

well i build a speed attack cain with TS and is hell in the almost word, weak point is tasser or warp shard even the impale of a roach will projectiles impact the original place but no the hero thats an important point they wont follow u why not that thing that dissapear u for 2 secs?

Then your never gonna kill me cause I do

There's several viable ways to shut down Cain.

1. Outspeed him.

2. Warp Shard when you see his Q.

3. Silence him.

4. Ambush him.

5. Use armor- it mitigates part of his ultimate damage and his base attack as well.

There's several viable ways to shut down Cain.

1. Outspeed him.

2. Warp Shard when you see his Q.

3. Silence him.

4. Ambush him.

5. Use armor- it mitigates part of his ultimate damage and his base attack as well.

BUT None of that will work if you are frozen. How to kill with cain: Freeze, Ulti, E GG NO RE

1: Learn all of enemy hero abilities before saying he is too powerful.

2: Otherwise I can say that he is countered by smoke screen/teleport ability/cloak (until he gets detection) and you will feel like a new user <- they replaced me using n,.oob with 'new user' which is wrong because n.oo,b means a person that is bad at a game. :(

:SmokeScreen::WarpShard::PhaseCloak::MossbergTaser:

His ult can be dodged. He get silence -> pwned, since he is a dps hero that depends on 2 active abilities. His ult gets countered by smokescreen. Is he still overpowered?

I think more than anything else, teamwork counters Cain. Like mentioned before, Cain simply excels at 1v1 situations, like Zeratul for example. But also like Zeratul, he is arguable less useful it team fights.

Sure any of the above items also can be a counter (albeit not 100% effective and some take a decent amount of skill). Correct me if I'm wrong but dodging with warp shard requires you to blink at just the right time - any time between after the shots are fired to the end of the ultimate timer (since he can press R again prematurely, perhaps even before the stun wears off)

Cloak items can be countered by boundary scanner which is a better, cheaper alternative (100 mins for 3 charges vs 65 minerals for 1 charge, or 1950(?) minerals vs 100 minerals/3 charges).

And of course Taser can be a good counter to almost any character..

I think more than anything else, teamwork counters Cain. Like mentioned before, Cain simply excels at 1v1 situations, like Zeratul for example. But also like Zeratul, he is arguable less useful it team fights.

Sure any of the above items also can be a counter (albeit not 100% effective and some take a decent amount of skill). Correct me if I'm wrong but dodging with warp shard requires you to blink at just the right time - any time between after the shots are fired to the end of the ultimate timer (since he can press R again prematurely, perhaps even before the stun wears off)

Cloak items can be countered by boundary scanner which is a better, cheaper alternative (100 mins for 3 charges vs 65 minerals for 1 charge, or 1950(?) minerals vs 100 minerals/3 charges).

And of course Taser can be a good counter to almost any character..

i thought when you warp the projectile hits you but does no dmg. or that feature has been changed?

BUT None of that will work if you are frozen. How to kill with cain: Freeze, Ulti, E GG NO RE

Avoid his Q then?

If he catches you without vision, you're out of luck.

It is the only option, really.

If you dodge it, you get a 13 second window to kill him!

If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball. A smart one will make sure he is at point blank range if he alone as he knows this too. I think that only ranged and last stand can combat him as of now. If you have no escape mechanic then i suggest switching lanes righg away. What is to stop him from ultiing you mid wave and forcing you to run. Now he has an easy stun and kill.

I still feel his q is difficult to avoid, I feel like I avoid it but it still freezes me, I think the splash on it is too large, or maybe the splash when it reaches it's maximum range is too large. That's what always gets me, I feel like I dodge it and boom, frozen by the splash of it. For it lasting 3 seconds, I feel like Iron gets a lot more than 6 attacks off during it... (assuming about a .57 attack speed...) That's prolly just the Ultimate damage though. That's playing as Leo as well, one of the fastest heroes in game.

Archived