Sign this to get back old Lightning Rod!

JustZerO

32 members have voted

1. 1. Yes, I want old Lightning Rod back!

• Sign!
    • No, Lightning Rod was broken!

I don't understand why lightning rod was changed, and many people I asked about this felt the same way. There are other items that were hardly discussed, for example pyre. AFAIK, pyre is still the same, except the spell damage cap against non heroic units.

This is a petition you can sign to get back the old Lightning Rod.

### If you think it was broken, tell us why ###

I'll campaign against Pyre as long as I need to. It's too strong, needed to be nerfed a long time ago. When it affected Levi it was actually broken. That being said, something like mana leech is far more balanced because it keeps spell casters in line and makes energy costs actually mean something in the late game, as opposed to now when Regen is king and makes casting brainless.

Lightning rod was only viable with aa heroes, and didn't help casters who really might need the mana. Jungling with lightning rod meant I could clear the jungle in a ridiculously short period of time, and gank the lanes, and come out with full mana. Lightning rod was far far too strong, coming from someone who actually used it very often, and cherished the item. I don't like that it's gone, but it should be.

How would you feel if it want energy leech, but just energy burn? That way you could still do that damage, drain energy, but not directly benefit from the stolen energy?

Energy Leech or Mana Leech is a mechanic that has been avoided in AoS and considered controversial. The reason this is so is because it inhibits the players without Mana Leech from actually playing their heroes.

Let me elaborate.

A caster hero that relies solely on spell-cast ect. such as Dustin.Brawler, Virgil.Nerazim, Egon.Stetman, would be rendered useless if Mana Leech was implemented as a common mechanic. Since these heroes do not have viable alternatives, Mana Leech would stop these players from being able to participate leading to an unfair advantage towards heroes that work well with Spell Leech versus those who do not. Players would then shy away from said heroes and thus discourage diversity in the game. If you would like a more detailed and well-worded explanation, try logging onto mumble and directly asking the developer, RNG.

Energy Leech or Mana Leech is a mechanic that has been avoided in AoS and considered controversial. The reason this is so is because it inhibits the players without Mana Leech from actually playing their heroes.

Let me elaborate.

A caster hero that relies solely on spell-cast ect. such as Dustin.Brawler, Virgil.Nerazim, Egon.Stetman, would be rendered useless if Mana Leech was implemented as a common mechanic. Since these heroes do not have viable alternatives, Mana Leech would stop these players from being able to participate leading to an unfair advantage towards heroes that work well with Spell Leech versus those who do not. Players would then shy away from said heroes and thus discourage diversity in the game. If you would like a more detailed and well-worded explanation, try logging onto mumble and directly asking the developer, RNG.

Actually, caster heroes have so much energy that they almost never run out by the time they reach midgame. 1k+ energy lets you spam abilities quite freely, unless you have an extremely energy heavy spell, eg. Cyp Ult. Old Lightning rod didn't even put a dent in their energy bars.

Actually, caster heroes have so much energy that they almost never run out by the time they reach midgame. 1k+ energy lets you spam abilities quite freely, unless you have an extremely energy heavy spell, eg. Cyp Ult. Old Lightning rod didn't even put a dent in their energy bars.

This is one of my main concerns with the state of mid to late game. I play Queen a WHOLE lot, and my endgame I just have so much energy I never ever have to worry about running out at all. Energy management, even in EARLY game is often an afterthought, even without Timewalkers or running Energize. I feel like bringing in a (non percentage based) energy burn item would help pro-action during base sieges and team fights. Additionally, I wouldn't seeing a small selection of spells that burned or depleted energy.

the whole leeching someones energy isnt what made lightning rod viable, it was the fact that none intel classes, like tycus, cast 3 spells and ur out of energy, allowed them to cast 3 spells and have enough energy back when ur cd was up to cast again another spell. intel users who stack intel, like it was said above, wont need this item cause they have the intel needed. as well as intel gives energy regen.

Archived