[1.39] Nova + new crit = too strong

Adamantium

We have talked about it before, and I am bringing it up again. In previous patches, Nova was very strong, but only she and boros could take advantage of crits. Now crits are viable for most auto attack heroes because they have recieved a buff. The problem is that the crit buff and new crit items have put nova over the top in terms of power.

Boros and Nova shouldn't have such great bonuses to crits, imo, since

What if Omnislash did spell damage instead but still procced item effects (what about... deals 1 physical damage to proc the effect, or maybe only the first hit would proc effects)? That would make INT boros more viable compared to crit boros, while nerfing crit boros to an appropriate level.

Specifically, Lethal Barbed gives all the Weapon Speed that Nova needs. All a Nova needs to build is Lethal than stack Crit and Weap Dmg.... NO WEAP SPD NEEDED. Why? Because Lethal gives you 100% Weap Spd for 2 seconds as long as you land a Crit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now with Nova's "W" she gets 6 Crits and if you build say a Khali Blade with 20% Crit and whatever items for Crit... Nova is just rapeface and rapeass and rapeeverythinginyourfacekindarape. I must say it's quite overpowered.

And all the Crit Dmg is also dealing True Dmg............... troolollolololllololol

i think both nova and boros scale too well with the current crits. they take so much advantage of the recent changes. Tbh, i was shocked why the crits where made stronger, remained true damage, and meanwhile boros and nova staying untouched. wasn't this development predictable?

You can easy counter Nova, Boros with Electric Mantle, Shadowmourne

I disagree. First, because mantle isn't always enough especially if boros has SS active, and second because Nova is such a power house with good range.

Playing lord Z I had BOTH shadowmourne and electric mantle, and fighting against both a boros and nova I could seldom take either of them down. You just can't CATCH a nova that doesn't want caught, and Omnislash is still an I win button for Boros in melee.

The only success I have had in countering either of these heroes has been as unix, and that is mostly due to gravity's edge.

I disagree. First, because mantle isn't always enough especially if boros has SS active, and second because Nova is such a power house with good range.

Playing lord Z I had BOTH shadowmourne and electric mantle, and fighting against both a boros and nova I could seldom take either of them down. You just can't CATCH a nova that doesn't want caught, and Omnislash is still an I win button for Boros in melee.

The only success I have had in countering either of these heroes has been as unix, and that is mostly due to gravity's edge.

You want win Nova, Boros in 1vs1 ? take Infernal.Mandrake, Micro.Gravitus

With Barbed Planting, Electric Mantle, Shadowmourne and alot heal

Barbed Plating does 30% down from 50% and its now spell damage instead of true damage. With one leech item, Barbed Plating is rendered useless.

Electric mantle stuns for one second every 10 seconds. It will probably take less than 10 seconds to for Nova to kill Drake, unless drake has 2 shrapnels, which allows him to get one more stun off for electric mantle. The damage from mantle is counteracted by one auto attack w/ leech from Nova.

The likelihood of you continuing to auto attack Nova using Drake is rather small, and thus Shadowmourne probably won't do that much for you. Drakes ulti gives him heal, but good Novas pick up a Darwins Might the majority of the time allowing him to heal instantly from about 3 auto attacks. This is on a much lower cooldown than Drakes ulti.

Barbed Plating does 30% down from 50% and its now spell damage instead of true damage. With one leech item, Barbed Plating is rendered useless.

Electric mantle stuns for one second every 10 seconds. It will probably take less than 10 seconds to for Nova to kill Drake, unless drake has 2 shrapnels, which allows him to get one more stun off for electric mantle. The damage from mantle is counteracted by one auto attack w/ leech from Nova.

The likelihood of you continuing to auto attack Nova using Drake is rather small, and thus Shadowmourne probably won't do that much for you. Drakes ulti gives him heal, but good Novas pick up a Darwins Might the majority of the time allowing him to heal instantly from about 3 auto attacks. This is on a much lower cooldown than Drakes ulti.

Nova need more than 3s to kill Mandrake

You just stun keep she don't attack and leech, shadowmourne will kill Nova, her shadow kill fast as she kill everyone.

Nova need more than 3s to kill Mandrake

You just stun keep she don't attack and leech, shadowmourne will kill Nova, her shadow kill fast as she kill everyone.

With leech, nova doesn't care about her shadow. And what you think she does with your drake with a khali blade and this 100% attack speed after crit item?

Wouldnt Shrapnel cloak counter lethal barb farely well? And chilling artifact should also help.

Of course, barbed plating is still glorious. Even on casters, it can pop a squishy nova.

Their are plenty of counters out there for Nova, the only thing that was makign her too strong was being able to crit-kill 2-3 heroes without being attacked back. She can't do this now.

If she isn't balanced, shes getting bloody close.

Archived