Just wana say the new item Gravity Edge

Hogwarts

i abused this a bit today, and if you rush this your able to completely one shot every hero in the game but for a drake or micro in the early - mid game,

the item only cost like 3600

and the slaughter of the mid game gives you a huge advantage into the late game and your ult ends up doing around 4000-5000 damage with half that as true damage

its just really strong cause the ult scales at 125% int plus dmg from pillars its not a broken mechanic per say but its very abusive

on the plus side it make cyprus finally able to jungle and creep half decent

Yah that extra TRUE DMG packs a punch. And Cyprus with late game scaling can spam his QW WAYYYYYYYY too much. and Cyprus can also use his ulti really often. With a bunch of INT Cyprus can do up to 6000 dmg with Fist of Gaia and then spam QW. Too strong with Gravity Edge

I don't like how gravity edge and masamune are so different:

Masamune:

+Makes armor only affect half your damage

+Deal 7.5% more damage total on an ideal target (because of inherent spell resist)

-Makes you take almost 20% more damage

-Costs 5000

-True damage cannot leech or crit

Gravity's Edge:

+Makes Spell Resist not very useful

+Costs just 3600

+No downsides

+Doesn't make you squishy

+No negative aspects

+Spell Damage cannot leech or crit anyway.

+Lack of bad things about it compared to Masamune

There is seriously no disadvantage in switching to True damage from Spell, whereas Physical damage loses a lot of the things that make it worthwhile.

I don't like how gravity edge and masamune are so different:

Masamune:

+Makes armor only affect half your damage

+Deal 7.5% more damage total on an ideal target (because of inherent spell resist)

-Makes you take almost 20% more damage

-Costs 5000

-True damage cannot leech or crit

Gravity's Edge:

+Makes Spell Resist not very useful

+Costs just 3600

+No downsides

+Doesn't make you squishy

+No negative aspects

+Spell Damage cannot leech or crit anyway.

+Lack of bad things about it compared to Masamune

There is seriously no disadvantage in switching to True damage from Spell, whereas Physical damage loses a lot of the things that make it worthwhile.

Masamune was actually reworked:

[unique] Each time you attack, you gain +5% Time Scale for 3 seconds, up to 15% Time Scale.

If it has to be changed at all, I would say make it cost more.

I LOVE that item right now, really really love it. It lets me actually kill Boros, something that was very. very rare before (when playing casters). However, I do agree that its price is AWESOME and could be increased to Reasonable. Say 4000 or so. Don't make it scary high, but an increae might be warranted.

On point: nerfing this item too hard will result in me returning to massive Boros QQ ( :-P )

Wait I don't understand why people are saying it's so strong. I don't think spell resist is something that is heavily built on most heroes anyways. So you're not really getting a lot of extra damage. In fact, you get no extra damage if the enemy doesn't have any spell resist, correct?

It's a good item against boros yes. Break that damn spell shield lol

Actually no, it's not 7.5%. Halving the effective spell resistance on an enemy will not give you the damage amplification(relative to if you dealt 100% spell damage). For example, against Boros with SS, it would be 50% increased damage by your calculations right? In reality, the damage increase would be infinity%, since you actually did 0 damage at first.

Oh, and to match Argus crystal's effect(dealing 20% more damage), the enemy would need at least 36% effective spell resist. And can someone check whether the 50% true damage is affected by damage amp?

No, I mean that you get a flat 7.5% damage bonus on a target with no spell resist. I know it doesn't work that way if the target has spell resist, but against, say, a nova without any SR it will only do 7.5% more damage, as opposed to, say, argus, which does 17% more damage.

Compared to your damage before Gravity Edge, but after factoring in resistance, Gravity Edge would make your spell deal 100/(50+50*0.85) * 100% = 108% damage. So 8% more damage actually, although the difference isn't that much with such low spell resist. Argus still causes you to deal 20% more spell damage regardless of the spell resistance. For example. 60% spell resist and 1000 damage without an argus would be 400 damage. With an argus, it'd be 1200*0.4 or 1000*0.4*1.2, doesn't matter, since it still ends up with 480 damage being dealt, 20% more.

Wait I don't understand why people are saying it's so strong. I don't think spell resist is something that is heavily built on most heroes anyways. So you're not really getting a lot of extra damage. In fact, you get no extra damage if the enemy doesn't have any spell resist, correct?

It's a good item against boros yes. Break that damn spell shield lol

How I read your post:

"I don't understand why people think an item that allows Cyprus to deal a near instant 6k damage (repeatedly over a short period of time as well) to targets who have high spell resist while also offering great stats like weapon damage, run speed, and top tier INT gains is so strong."

Also

"In fact, you get no extra damage if the enemy doesn't have any spell resist, correct?"

INCORRECT. All heroes have a hidden base physical and spell resist that's not listed in any way, but is there. Gravity edge allows casters to ignore that base damage resist that comes with being a Heroic unit. So even against a target that has no item/talent/herospecific spell resist whatsoever, you still add a substantial amount of extra damage.

eh. its one of the few movespeed int items (the other being yamato/twin paradox, which grants time on active for a short duration)

meh. i told eckol to lower the penetration from 50% to 40%

i also told ekcol to lower crit damage to 25% for base and khali, as well as reducing nova's crit amounts and boros' bonus crit damage, or to change it somehow to 50% physical bonus on base and khali, and in which case keeping nova's and boros' skills would be fine.

Archived