I thought AA was the problem...

ender

From my experience so far, it is the team with the most agility heroes that wins.

I dunno if its the crit glitch or the fact that new items are very weapon speed based, but when it comes to the true end game, agility heroes/weapon speed heroes demolish everyone. Especially nova.

I was just wondering if its just me and my bias against agility heroes or if other people are experiencing significant levels of getting-raped-in-2-seconds-by-agility-heroes syndrome (GRITSBAH syndrome)?

nope, every game I've played since posting has only confirmed it for me.

this is now just a game about who can hit the fastest. it's pretty devestating, I usually like playing tanky/caster types. but in the end game, there's no real room for them anymore. If your team composition is not all AA, you're dead.

The public game generally has less teamwork and do not know how to get correct build to count enemies.

As the result, you are going to notice that AA hero "seems" to be stronger and always win; however, if you play on a higher tier/organized game, without a proper tank, initiator, and support, you will find yourself in deep trouble.

this is now just a game about who can hit the fastest. it's pretty devestating, I usually like playing tanky/caster types. but in the end game, there's no real room for them anymore. If your team composition is not all AA, you're dead.

"I haven't seen Highdrater's Cyprus"

ludacris

"I haven't seen Highdrater's Cyprus"

ludacris

Who ever heard of a Ludacris Kill with Cyprus after this patch?

I DID

Highdrater (a proud pubstar like me) went like 38-17-24 and was almost like a hardcore carry, sniping jackson and tosh in a QWER combo

(of course also with Gravity Edge, and since Cyprus QW is a lot more spammable Cyprus does A LOT more damage)

I dunno about that. My problem is that Gravity Edge makes some casters a little too good. They can combo a few spells and instakill enemies. The fact so many heroes get that item makes me wonder why you would stack spell resist at all anymore and instead just focus on adding health.

I dunno about that. My problem is that Gravity Edge makes some casters a little too good. They can combo a few spells and instakill enemies. The fact so many heroes get that item makes me wonder why you would stack spell resist at all anymore and instead just focus on adding health.

I agree Gravity Edge is the Anti AA. You get Erekul or even a Drake with Grav Edge then your poor Shadow is dead. The only one that is kinda still strong is Nova......... But Drake's Ulti and Martyr (burns for a shapload if you have 9.5k HP after about an hour inhouse game is it 1%??? then it's Ulti Dmg + 195dmg/sec) can kill Nova almost in one hit.

I agree Gravity Edge is the Anti AA. You get Erekul or even a Drake with Grav Edge then your poor Shadow is dead. The only one that is kinda still strong is Nova......... But Drake's Ulti and Martyr (burns for a shapload if you have 9.5k HP after about an hour inhouse game is it 1%??? then it's Ulti Dmg + 195dmg/sec) can kill Nova almost in one hit.

Why is Grav Edge anti-AA? Quite a few Shades don't stack spell resist at all. Dealing 8% more damage to a Shadow doesn't sound like a particularly good AA counter.

Gravity's Edge, as has been pointed out, is only a base boost of 8% spell damage. The only thing it DOES do is allow casters to stay relevant against spell resist.

For example, this is the ONLY item that lets a caster stand a chance in hell against boros.

It is NOT the problem. The 'problem' is that there are a lot of new INT items as well, meanign casters are doing MORE damage. For instance, as unix, I used to have about 3000 HP and 300 INT when fully built. Now, I have clsoer to 4000 HP and 540 INT when built. Thus, even without the passive from Gravity's Edge, I am doing a LOT more damage, and surviving more to boot.

Therefore, it can be seen that the issue is not Gravity's Edge but rather that ALL characters are now better at what they are supposed to do. AA heroes now get MORE weapon speed, damage and crits, PLUS more armor and more move speed. Tanks now have many new Spell REsist Options and LOADS of health items. And casters now have more int available and the ability to counter spell resist to SOME degree.

This is not something that needs to change, players need to adjust to this one. Since this patch, I am literally having more fun with ANY hero than I have ever had playing this game. Honestly I feel this is one of the best patches this game has ever seen.

Now that Gravities Edge has been reduced in True Damage, I will get more Spell Resist items. At 50%, I felt it worthless to get spell resist, I find it has found the balance between helping to counter SR and still making SR items viable.

From my experience so far, it is the team with the most agility heroes that wins.

I dunno if its the crit glitch or the fact that new items are very weapon speed based, but when it comes to the true end game, agility heroes/weapon speed heroes demolish everyone. Especially nova.

I was just wondering if its just me and my bias against agility heroes or if other people are experiencing significant levels of getting-raped-in-2-seconds-by-agility-heroes syndrome (GRITSBAH syndrome)?

Since we're on the topic of SC2 games, from my experience in highly competitive ladder play, Terran usually wins. Their build mechanics and versatility wins both Protoss and Zerg. There is no viable counter to their steamrolling, that battlecruiser rush just rapes my army. As soon as I finish my 47 remaining practice league games, I'll share in detail, my valued opinion of how retardedly broken Terran is. It can't be just me who's getting knocked up by every Terran player I meet, and I don't expect things to be any different in Bronze or higher leagues, cause I've seen and experienced enough to know my sh*t.

Since we're on the topic of SC2 games, from my experience in highly competitive ladder play, Terran usually wins. Their build mechanics and versatility wins both Protoss and Zerg. There is no viable counter to their steamrolling, that battlecruiser rush just rapes my army. As soon as I finish my 47 remaining practice league games, I'll share in detail, my valued opinion of how retardedly broken Terran is. It can't be just me who's getting knocked up by every Terran player I meet, and I don't expect things to be any different in Bronze or higher leagues, cause I've seen and experienced enough to know my sh*t.

^^I sense sarcasim :D

I agree with Ironsights, This is the best/funnest patch to play. The balancing is the best I've seen. I think instead of going just one build you will see players having to change up the items they usually buy.

There are counters to AA heros

Archived