WHAT IS A DROPPER?

EKCO

WHAT IS A DROPPER?

If you are by yourself on Team 1 in the Lobby (all the way at the top), you are the designated Dropper. A Dropper is an honorary task that you must take in order to ensure that 10 other players will have a great game experience. When you drop, you improve everybody's FPS by ~40+. While you're gone, everyone in the game will hail and worship you. This only applies to North America.

What do I do as a Dropper?

- As a dropper, you must LEAVE the game by hitting ALT+F4 during the load screen (as soon as you see the message). Staying until the game starts does nothing for you, as you will only be treated to a black screen.

For Mac users, use the "Activity Monitor" to force quit SC2. Use command M to go into windowed mode.

- As a dropper, you might want to welcome and inform new players with a friendly message. This is one by xetas:

"Good (morning/afternoon/evening)-I'll be your dropper today- a dropper is someone who leaves the game during the load screen to stop the Blizzard stat collector from lagging the game. "The Dropper" creates a smooth experience for all. Welcome to Aeon of Storms!"

Why am I doing this?

- Blizzard's recent patch 1.5.2 drastically increased the amount of data that their data trackers have been collecting. Some games send more information than others, and therefore cause the performance problems that make the game unplayable. Our game suffers greatly from this data tracking. As a response, inhouse testers have found a way to circumvent the tracker - by crashing it. If you leave the game during the load screen, you will crash the tracker and allow the other players to enjoy an amazing performance boost.

Is this solution permanent?

- Hopefully not. This method is designed with good intentions, to improve the game experience of many players who enjoy Aeon of Storms. To help us remedy the problem, send a message to Blizzard that you want their data trackers (or whatever unlying programs they have running) to be either reasonably adjusted or removed from the custom maps scene so that games can be played without being bogged down because they need data.

Data? What data?

- Blizzard is a responsible company, and wants to learn as much as possible as they can about their game engine in order to improve it for their players. However, the extent to which their current trackers deteriorate gameplay, significantly worsens the current gameplay experience, and makes their efforts detrimental to the very player base they seek to satisfy. Furthermore, it endangers games that rely on great game performance by shutting out the game for extended periods of time. If this persists, we run the danger of being flushed off the map list as the result of a week-long lockdown on Aeon of Storms, amongst many other maps that rely on great game performance, such as 1v1 Obs, and NotD.

What do I get out of being a Dropper?

- Recognized Droppers will reach our list of Honorary Droppers, and be rewarded with in-game content and hero unlocks for future releases. You'll be able to play characters that are scheduled for release before any of your peers. In addition, we'll be adding custom nameplates to Droppers in-game. You get recognized as our selected pub scouters look for friendly Droppers while playing the game. Once you get on the list, you're on the list forever. See this thread for more information: http://www.aeonofsto...dropper-thread/

ikNbzWv570jIY.png

If you have ideas on how to help us spread the word on this new workaround, or improve the way the workaround is communicated to new players, let us know in the comments below.

ALL credit for discovery of this method go to Usopp, King of Snipers. Give him your thanks and praise.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill, Like to help, and be registered dropper for multiple games a session and over multiple groups games. I do have study so. work out times, but ill be glad do this, IH games multiple times. Just PM me if you need dropper. I do need Test keyboard this should be ok.

EDIT: i could do dropping for NA and SEA

Y NA only? D':

EDIT: If this was applied in SEA, I would gladly and continually sacrifice myself for the greater good of the AoS. I would agree any requests for me to become the dropper, and be happy that I made all of you guys happy :)))). Instead of ALT-F4, is it possible to have a quit button? Like SC2 Master?

Y NA only? D':

EDIT: If this was applied in SEA, I would gladly and continually sacrifice myself for the greater good of the AoS. I would agree any requests for me to become the dropper, and be happy that I made all of you guys happy :)))). Instead of ALT-F4, is it possible to have a quit button? Like SC2 Master?

wait. is it lagging in SEA as well?

edit:

and somerandom, its working pretty damn well

Well, I for oen pub regularly and if I end up ion team 3 I will fulfil my duty.

I don't particularly enjoy this, but hey, at least the Devs are trying. Now blizzard just needs to get off their @$$ and do something useful.

The OP is very well stated, I should hope RNG has made a similar statement to blizzard reps.

Archived