Bio, Toxi, Stalker, Nova, Unix too strong!

TheJack

Hey :) I think these heroes in a title are a bit too strong:

For bio i would lower a ultimate time becouse it's too strong.

Toxi is too fast and his ulti deals too much dmg...

Stalker would be more balanced if his ulti deals less dmg... But then improve his armor or hp.

Nova the same - lower weapon dmg and more hp

Unix the same like bio... His ulti is too long and it deals huge dmg...

thanks a lot :) (sorry for bad english)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For bio i would lower a ultimate time becouse it's too strong.

I don't agree. Though I will admit that Bio's ult is beast the ult is almost useless in the late game. In the early to mid game Bio is beast mode but when it comes to using the ult on most hero's it becomes more of a diversion tactic then an outright killing tactic.

The reason why, and I say from frustrating experience to not being able to kill most with my ult, is that due to the higher levels most players are either able to circumvent, escape, or out right negate Bio's ult. One perfect example is cloak and burrow. If I throw my ult on a Zera, even if he has 5 hp, all he has to do is go cloak and my minions run to the closest thing whether it's a hero, creep, or a tower. Another example is items. At higher levels most players have higher HP than they did at the early and mid game. This makes it to where I have to hit them when they are at AT LEAST half health and I have to jump them with claymore twice and then hit them with ult in order to have a chance. This obviously makes me vulnerable as I can't claymore again and escape.

Though I will agree with you that Bio's ult is beast, he is almost useless in the late game and he is almost always useless if he can't have help.

There are some characters though that Bio's ult will pwn any time in the game. If I have True Sight I will almost always kill Tiberious or Nova; provided I have plenty of room to chase them and they don't have help. (Drake's fire is most annoying *sad face*) Other "squishy" characters like Unix if I can see him, and Maar, are also prime targets of mine when I play Bio. The fact that I have a low cool down time for Bio helps compensate for higher level players being able to negate Bio's Ult.

Toxi is beast lol. If he is fed and has items he will become unstoppable without AT LEAST four players on him and even then it's useless. I don't think he's overpowered though. When well skilled player is manipulating Toxi then it may appear he is OP when he really isn't.

Nova is op...I will agree. Though she is extremely squishy she hits so hard that I instictively run from her even if I know I can kill her.

Unix got nerfed in the last update; anytime he uses a skill he becomes visible for 2.5 seconds (I think) and that includes his ult. While using his ult he is continually seen. At higher levels there's no use in trying to kill him when he's latched onto you; run for you life.

I love Cypress Stalker! He's the same as Toxi though; in the hands of a well skilled player it may appear that Cypress is OP though it is only the skilled player using him and the beastly items he is carrying.

Hope I was able help. GL and HF!

Rockwood

The reason why, and I say from frustrating experience to not being able to kill most with my ult, is that due to the higher levels most players are either able to circumvent, escape, or out right negate Bio's ult. One perfect example is cloak and burrow. If I throw my ult on a Zera, even if he has 5 hp, all he has to do is go cloak and my minions run to the closest thing whether it's a hero, creep, or a tower. Another example is items. At higher levels most players have higher HP than they did at the early and mid game. This makes it to where I have to hit them when they are at AT LEAST half health and I have to jump them with claymore twice and then hit them with ult in order to have a chance. This obviously makes me vulnerable as I can't claymore again and escape.

Not that I think he is OP but.. Taser.

Your arguments are strong and i have yo agree with you about Unix and Stalker (and of course Nova) but bio is a monster... I played him a lot and it was easy for me to earn a lot of kills... Everything is great - health points, abilities, dmg but ulti... i don't think so :/

Your arguments are strong and i have yo agree with you about Unix and Stalker (and of course Nova) but bio is a monster... I played him a lot and it was easy for me to earn a lot of kills... Everything is great - health points, abilities, dmg but ulti... i don't think so :/

it depends on the hero he is facing. a shadow gives a f*** about the ulti. and so does a boros, vorpal, ghost, nova...

it depends on the hero he is facing. a shadow gives a f*** about the ulti. and so does a boros, vorpal, ghost, nova...

Agreed; and let's not forget Drake. Since he heals obnoxiously fast he can just sprout flames and burn the little minions down before they can even touch him.

Says arguements are strong, but only gives one line of explanation.

First, Bio. Early game, bio's ulti is usaully a one hit kill, but there are ways to deal with it. One, you can get protect and use that when you get fully surrounded. You can also buy a smoke screen if you think you might be in trouble with a bio ulti. Lategame, bio's ulti falls off immensely and is hardly worth mentioning. Bio is able to be taken care of for sure.

Second, Toxi. This is the only one I agree with you abuot being OP. The main problems are his sustain and his powerful ulti+Ihan. Thats basically it.

Third, its Cyprus, not stalker. Cyprus is a bursty hero that relies on agi heros being low. He is hardly ever played in IH because his passive can ruin teamfights. And you can always taser him.

Fourth, Nova. Nova may be a bit strong, but there are plenty of counters to put a stop to her. You can buy and electric mantle or have a taser and truesight. Her crits are the only big problem, but she isnt OP.

Fifth, Unix. Much like bio, Unix's ulti is really only good in the early stages of the game. Late game, a taser will wreck Unix and he wont be able to do anything. And you can run away from his ulti easily.

It just takes time to cope with many heros. But if all the above suggestions fail, just outcreep them and then snowball. :)

Maybe raise the CD of his ult a bit for bio but thats it. His real dmg comes from his E.

Cyprus is UP lmao he is a one trick pony.

Nova's dps comes from her high crit chance/ crit dmg. Its not just her damage. Her late game damage is about the same as a shadow/grunty/zeratul etc. But her crits make her entirely to powerful.

Unix is the same as Cyprus. He isn't UP, but his ult is a single target that is easily countered and once he uses it hes done in the team fight.

Toxi is easily shut down now without the leech.

Bio's ult is very easy to counter with any sort of AoE, slow, stun, root, cloak, or debuff negation, as the minions will never have enough HP to survive until late game and all the others prevent them from swarming you.

Cyprus is rendered useless with any sort of ability silence or a mossberg, and even a spell buffer will gimp his ult by a large margin.

Nova's damage is about 90% physical, so building an electric mantle, or for high armor, will shut her down. The electric mantle will make her kill herself, and the armor will give you around... I forget what the limit of negation is, I believe it's around 80%? So even if she's critting for 1000+, with the armor cap, it'll only be around 200(I could be wrong about this, but still, armor will negate a lot of her damage). You could also just kill her as most players will build purely around damage, so a couple spells is usually sufficient to squish Nova.

Unix is very annoying, and can be very dangerous with a yamato reactor, but any sort of silence or stun will end his ult and make him your prey instead. Blinks and teleports will also put you out of the leash range and end the ult, so you could invest in a warp shard or impact dial. Truesight Elixirs are also handy, because then you know he's coming.

Toxi is not as dangerous as he used to be without the spell leech on his ult, but most players will be building around more damage instead due to this. This makes Toxi have more damage output, but far, far less survivability. As most of the damage will be coming from the auto-attack, you could again build armor to counter this. The only problem is Toxi is hard to catch when low on HP, so having any sort of stun or slow is recommended.

As with all heroes, all that's needed to remove the "OP" factor is knowledge of what's making them so strong and how to negate that advantage. Having a static build for the heroes you play is usually a poor plan. Having three or four core items with the others being situational will make your games much more enjoyable.

The thing is, CounterOlive, by the time you finally get that Electric Mantle... She already has items that make it so that she won't get owned by it.

And additionally, if you get an Electric Mantle, that's money you aren't spending on other items so that you can kill her; which means that she won't fall as easily.

And finally, you have her entire team to deal with.

Personally I think that Nova's Ulti needs a longer CD and a higher energy cost. I understand that the cast range is two, but it is a four-second root. And frequently the game lags too much for you to be able to stop your character from moving fast enough to prevent yourself from getting stunned. And it's on a twelve second cooldown, mind you-- she can use it to pick off one of you and by the time that you get there she's ready to use it on your fastest so that they can't chase her.

And finally if you say "Well just Tase her" you can't tase her while you can't see her. She can run in with W / Phase Cloak really really fast, ulti, and kill you really fast.

Oh, and if you lived? She just uses her Q and gets some extra money.

Additionally, her Heroic Passive amplifies Physical Damage by 10% AND Reveals? That's even more powerful than Eye of Duran (a 2350? cost item), which sees no use whatsoever to begin with. I feel that it should do one or the other but definitely not both.

... I started browsing forums and forgot what else I was going to say.

With toxi you can no longer 1v5 + 3 towers any more *sad face* but yeah toxi cant 1v3 and live anymore but saying that. the others 3 cant as well. as they have very low health. anyway i feel toxi needs be built 3 ways timescale, dps leech, and *go into enemy and die just so enemy gets damage alot* build that includes lifetech nano suit. but yeah. he strong but not to strong if not fed

Superheated Mantle > Bio

Mossberg Taser > Unix

Electric Mantle > Nova

Toxi is more problematic because he has no glaring weaknesses and he can be built for spell resist or for physical resist (most people build him for DPS and lifesteal which I think is not the best way to play him).

It is very annoying you actually need specific and very expensive items against certain types of heroes, especially Taser against Unix (a good unix will get a taser himself and then it becomes a contest of who can taser who first).

My thoughts on Vespus + Nova:

I think vespus is very good hero, he is a bit similiar to Nova.

In the laning phase, their harass can be extremely annoying, because their harassing abilities (nova's crit, and vespus E - dot passive) are free, and helps them farm/kill creeps while keeping the enemy (melee, mostly) away.

This will build up over time (snowballing?) and they will be very powerful. It is also hard to stop them in laning phase because of their ability to harass and keep enemy heroes low on hp.

They are countered by stuns, except for vespus when he use his ult, he is not countered by anything except for extremely high burst.

I think their (free) powerful harassing and farming abilities are what makes them this strong.

I think maybe their passives should take energy per attack, like in 3.0 vespus each shot use energy and cyprus multishot use energy.

Or perhaps they are too easy to use, unlike most other heroes. And when a truly good player uses them, they seem unstoppable.

Biotron

He is very powerful early game with his E and sustain ability. Double Claymore -> ultimate is usually a kill.

He is nothing but a pest in team fights though, as teamwork can kill/negate biotron from doing anything much.

In lategame, he is only good at pushing lanes, and maybe backdooring and destroying some towers, heroes at late game all can stop biotron from killing people by themselves (if they ever are by themselves.)

Cyprus

good at picking off squishy heros -> early to mid game.

late game -> Not too good, can trap heroes with his Q and E.. but can trap own teammates as well. Good at killing people on low hp. Mossberg > Cyprus. Single-item-counter-hero.

Unix

Ultimate is not too strong, unless you have only have 600 hp and 0 escape moves, stun/disable, etc. Countered by mossberg. He is good in team fights, his 'stun' makes him useful. His infested terran are very good at taking out towers.

Well a lot of Nova's like to have a taser around as well. So that option is not always viable. I find that the only real counter to a Nova is to have an intelligence build Cyprus. Nova's HP is so low that you can pop Ihan crystal, maybe a reactor, and 1 shot her with your ult. That is the only viable option at this moment. But if the Nova is smart to buy a taser, you are completely hopeless.

cyprus - too mobile with high burst damage - stacking spell resist/armour to counter makes it near impossible to kill him.

nova - strong, not sure who is stronger, her or derpa.

toxi - strong, tho better than being useless like..

unix/biotron, weak.

tazer - needs to be removed.

cyprus - too mobile with high burst damage - stacking spell resist/armour to counter makes it near impossible to kill him.

nova - strong, not sure who is stronger, her or derpa.

toxi - strong, tho better than being useless like..

unix/biotron, weak.

tazer - needs to be removed.

you want to remove taser, but say Cyprus is too strong? :D taser is the counter to cyprus

you want to remove taser, but say Cyprus is too strong? :D taser is the counter to cyprus

No, because of Cyprus' blink, he can chain combo it all so you always get tasered first. If you don't have an ally with a taser as well, he still lands it 100% of the time. Same problem with micro having a taser as well in that they will always silence you before you can silence them, hence the stupidity of taser and why it needs to be removed or changed drastically.

to be honest, the only hero from the list, which I find OP due to the combination of skills (esp, crit chance) is nova. Others hereos from the list are not that hard to counter. the key is to outplay them early game. If bio won't get a lot of kills early on, he is pathetic, same with cyprus. (the key word here is -deny- and do not try to attrition them, but attack when you are sure that you can kill it -> for example a gank)

Toxi is quite strong but his ulti is nowhere near the boros ulti with Ihan or the vorpal's combo ulti and surge. The solution is simple - "buy taser" to keep them in the team fights from using their ultis early on and focusing them fast.

Taser needs to remain in game as it is THE ONLY counter for some ridiculous heroes (I'm looking at you queen, nerazim, boros). It is still less of annoyance than what other MOBA games have (for example turning you into a helpless sheep for the same duration)

If you ulti with drake and miss you usually die as well.

OP heroes are:

Heroes with good endgame potential

UP heroes are:

Heroes with poor endgame potential.

Because you don't win sotis within 20 minutes. You just don't. Because towers are too strong and turtling.

Btw crit is UP. Never go crit. Never fear crit. It's not that it doesn't do anything. It does very little and there are better items.

Archived