Criticals

Spooky

I made this topic to confirm few things about criticals. Yestarday someone told me that criticals deal additional 50% weapon damage now, not 25% as they used to, is that correct? It also seems they still does pure damage instead of physical. Moreover Khali Blade unique gives additional 50% critical damage (up to 100% without any talents) instead of 25%.

If all above is true then isn't it too much? There is no way to reduce this damage input and it can be insane late game. Especially on heroes like Nova and Boros. Maybe there are many new items for tanks with spell resist but it wouldn't be very helpful against criticals builds. There is almost no evasion anymore (except 9% from talents). I think in current state criticals should be physical damage as they used to be

in alpha they deal 1.5x damage

the bonus 50% damage is dealt in true, while the base 100% damage is dealt as physical. you can leech off of the base damage, but obviously not the true damage. khali blade also does grant 50% bonus crit damage.

at the same time, there is a mass influx of health items, and pre-existing health items have been buffed. for example: Force of Entropy 700hp + 32 str. Organic Carapace gives something like 600hp + 65 str. In general, it seems tanks and AA seem to be fairly balanced with the new items, though casters are suffering due to an influx of spell resist, and the high hp amounts which make bursting someone down fairly difficult.

I know that only critical bonus part deal true damage but even then that part can be actually higher than weapon damage itself (with talents it can be 115% weapon damage). So if hero would reach 400 weapon damage and 50% critical chance (which isn't very hard to do) then with every critical it does additional 460 true damage no matter how much armor or physical resistance target have. Ok, there are many new hp items, with FoE and OC u can get additional over 2k hp. They would be helpful to sustain about 3 seconds longer many things can happen during this time. There are no more boots so every hero can sacrifice additional spot for some raw hp item. It may seems quite balanced so far, but... there is also boros and nova out there and both can do crits more likely with more damage. I just don't see how those hereos can be balanced with current critical mechanics when they can melt every hero with few hits.

EDIT: And there is that item which reduce cd by 2 sec every time u do a crit. Its going to be so OP on late game boros (it can reduce cd up to 16 seconds during omni):

1) ss

2) omnislash

3) if everyone dead perform a victory dance otherwise:

a) ss and run away

b) kill some creeps

c) find another teamfight

d) go back to point 1)

;)

Hmmmm ye tbh, the damage output from Nova and Boros is actually very scary atm, I did some calcs on them and taking a 7K tank with 40 armor and 40% SR (just as a dummy heroes to be attacking) after all damage reductions Nova can do 14K in 5 seconds, and boros can do 7k with his ulti alone, and the build I chose were glass cannons... Yes, I feel the the crit mechanic needs to stay as it always crit into the game and with out this how the hell will you kill the monster tanks late game? but either boros passive and nova's passive have to be rework as there advantage is too great... Yet this all been said, you need to get Nova and Boros fully geared to do this and that is noooo easy task, as with the amount of HP in the game its hard to feel that your on top of the enemies even if you have gone godlike... Hmmm I don't think all casters are out of it but the burst int heroes need an item that can help them excel early-mid game... Yet I have seen some unixs really do well! Maybe Ihan crystal needs abit of a buff to its int gain and some items may need to give more SD amplification like argus, I would be scared to say Yamato, as that timescale is quite strong! I don't really no why the old ihan was taken away... I do no that Vorpal abused it too much but ihan needs to find a balance between where it was and now, 60 INT gain its just far too little to wait for 10 minutes... Just saying :) but with all this said Items like -not sure of the name- that give 50% CDR after a kill or an assist is quite strong imo... But with all that said, the items are still new, so looking to see how it goes :)

come to think of it, when base critical damage got boosted to 50% from 25%. and khali crit damage boosted to 50%. any hero can crit 100% damage.

any hero can get a khali blade and he already can deal 100% critical damage. (im assuming critical damage doesnt go beyond 100% which chances are they might)

maybe make a critical damage cap at 100%.

try it on kerrigan. it procs on her bounces. will probably be changed next patch

I was thinking about testing it actually, but I'm not able to create game by my own. So Kerri bounces can crits? So if crit bounce can proc this item effect would it also proc that one with 100% faster weapon speed? And what is intended with this mechanics? Fact that Kerri bounces crits proc this item effect or maybe fact that Kerri bounces can proc crits by itself? Unfortunately yesterday when I was about to test it during the game I lost connection for 1 hour :( I don't even know if in current version Kerri bounces can crits

I was thinking about testing it actually, but I'm not able to create game by my own. So Kerri bounces can crits? So if crit bounce can proc this item effect would it also proc that one with 100% faster weapon speed? And what is intended with this mechanics? Fact that Kerri bounces crits proc this item effect or maybe fact that Kerri bounces can proc crits by itself? Unfortunately yesterday when I was about to test it during the game I lost connection for 1 hour :( I don't even know if in current version Kerri bounces can crits

I forget which item it is but Kerri can also Ulti twice in one team fight

Archived