Patching AoS - Poll

JustZerO

Patching AoS  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer:

• Larger Patches with a lot of new stuff, less frequent
    • Smaller Patches with some new changes, more frequent

As the next patch is about to come online, i am wondering why it is a big package of new changes in one patch again.

To my personal view:

I am studying, and i have to focus on my exams i'll face in a few weeks. Now that the new patch is gonna be released, i have to get used to so many new items in one shot again. I am not sure if i got the time/patience for this.

My question: Why do we not patch the game more frequently, and release 2 or 3 new items with every patch, instead of throwing out more than 25 in only 1 patch.

What do you guys prefer? Vote above!

I personally prefer large patches if it's a large amount of new content, especially if it's a patch involving items. For example, let's say you release a very powerful offensive item in one patch. Since there's no viable counters for it, it would be considered OP and nerfed. However, you had already planned to release a powerful defensive item on the next patch, and when it's released, the offensive item becomes UP.

This is a really simplified scenario, because in reality, a large amount of different items will have multiple relationships with various other items and heroes.

As the next patch is about to come online, i am wondering why it is a big package of new changes in one patch again.

To my personal view:

I am studying, and i have to focus on my exams i'll face in a few weeks. Now that the new patch is gonna be released, i have to get used to so many new items in one shot again. I am not sure if i got the time/patience for this.

My question: Why do we not patch the game more frequently, and release 2 or 3 new items with every patch, instead of throwing out more than 25 in only 1 patch.

What do you guys prefer? Vote above!

Dude, you don't think devs have busy lives and stuff to do too? We are lucky they patch at all, and should be grateful for whatever they do.

If they suddenly get a month or so of free time and are willing to put the time in to make a huge patch (which is a crapton of work) you should thank them even if it means you have to spend time rethinking all your builds.

Content takes a lot of work to make and all people seem to do is complain whenever the devs do anything.

Like when they made all those patches in the span of a week or 2 doing balance tweaks to like 20 chars, everyone complained that it was too much too fast, instead of saying OMG that must have been a lot of work, thank you for doing it so I can enjoy this wonderful game you made.

/end rant

@ akanna:

well, bringing up 1 huge patch is more work than releasing a small patch like every week or so. I am not complaining about the patch, i only suggested to patch more frequent and with less content in each patch. If the devs say that this takes too much work, it's ok.

Like when they made all those patches in the span of a week or 2 doing balance tweaks to like 20 chars, everyone complained that it was too much too fast, instead of saying OMG that must have been a lot of work, thank you for doing it so I can enjoy this wonderful game you made.

well, nobody said it was too fast. some people complained that a couple of changes were not needed at all, and most of the players agreed with this (example Erekul). Of course we are thankful for what they do, but does this mean that we may not help them to even improve the game experience.

I am pretty sure neither RNG nor Red are feeling annoyed about me posting things i don't like. they need our feedback, and it is just a suggestion, if they have their reasons to do it another way, i am completely fine with it.

I don't like (too) frequent patches because people tend to test out all the new content right away. It's good for the tryhards and powergamers but it loses that feeling of expansiveness and depth.

Balance patches should be somewhat frequent, but Banzaiguy's scenario should be looked out for.

But for new heroes, etc, I don't like frequent patches because the new hero is usually played in every single match for a week or so. It gets really boring to, for example, fight a game with MK and Sentry EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Especially since people never seem to try out heroes in singleplayer first before jumping in and ruining a game.

This poll probably won't be changing the timing of the massive patch that will be coming out :o

A lot of the stuff that happens on the forums doesn't directly change what happens in the actual game. In terms of affecting the game, the forums provide one medium for players to communicate with other players and developers. For one, this gives developers feedback on the current state of the game. Whether or not developers heed the advice is entirely up to them. We have to trust that they have good judgement.

Archived