Obviously I knew greelus was op which is why i started playing it 24/7 in IH until it was recognized.

However, the silence duration was too long and the damage output was too high.  However, the damage portion is related to ancient rune and you singled out greelus as opposed to reworking ancient rune.  A simply internal cooldown on ancient rune would of fixed the issue globally.  🙂

7 hours ago, highdrater said:

Obviously I knew greelus was op which is why i started playing it 24/7 in IH until it was recognized.

However, the silence duration was too long and the damage output was too high.  However, the damage portion is related to ancient rune and you singled out greelus as opposed to reworking ancient rune.  A simply internal cooldown on ancient rune would of fixed the issue globally.  🙂

Both the damage types of his E and R were changed to be consistent with other heroes.

The Spell Weapon Damage type was added accommodate the variety of Spell Damage that is dealt from autoattacks which previously dealt Single Target Ability Spell Damage (which they are not technically). All Spell Damage dealt from auto-attacks by heroes and minions in the game uses this Damage type now, Greelus' minions were an exception until this patch.

For his R, Greelus was dealing AoE Spell Damage, even though the damage itself was being dealt by a debuff that deals Damage Over Time, ticking at 0.5s even after you leave the area of effect. As such the damage type was corrected to DoT Spell Damage.

The only real nerf intended he got was the base damage reduction on his R, which was slightly offset by the increase to the scaling spell damage the ability deals.

If after these changes Greelus feels subpar, his kit will be reviewed again.

I think discarding the common item builds that made him broken before and exploring other options would be healthy. The Hero can still deal terrifying damage with 2-3 items, especially if he or his team have an aoe slow or lockdown.

I agree with the changes for the most part, but I think ancient rune change, plus the greelus changes might of been some over-nerfing. But time will tell.

Let's talk about the real problem. 

BUFF COW!

He's so bad now, can only be played support, damage is so low as a mage, and theres no reason to pick him as support cause there is  dozen other supports that way more damage.

Well it's not so much his kit, but the fact that you can't buy useful items now like ancient rune and chilling.  What if the team is ridiculously tanky and has plenty of heals.. rune useless..  What if you want more crowd control with chilling proc'ing off your skillset?  You see where I'm going with the spell weapon damage targeting.  There was a problem with ancient rune and needs a much longer internal cd than 0.5 sec.  And there was a problem with greelus damage output, but now viler wins that category for no item support with damage :).

1 hour ago, highdrater said:

Well it's not so much his kit, but the fact that you can't buy useful items now like ancient rune and chilling.  What if the team is ridiculously tanky and has plenty of heals.. rune useless..  What if you want more crowd control with chilling proc'ing off your skillset?  You see where I'm going with the spell weapon damage targeting.  There was a problem with ancient rune and needs a much longer internal cd than 0.5 sec.  And there was a problem with greelus damage output, but now viler wins that category for no item support with damage :).

Your Q's initial damage still applies Ancient Rune, and the on-hit damage scales with max health. It has a 10s cooldown at lvl 4 with 10 range now.

Greelus is one of the few mages that has the potential to apply all damage types, proc'ing all potential uniques, depending on how you build it and do so effectively. 

No.

Greelus Q can proc all spell damage item uniques.

E and R just can't proc Rune, Asura's, and Chilling now. They can still proc the uniques of Edge, Argus, Shrink Ray, Nightstalker, and Deathmask. The On-hit damage from Q is also Spell Weapon Damage so it won't proc the former, but will proc the latter.