Sign in to follow this  
DragonHeart

Jackson's Q

The Q needs to be reverted back to single target damage, or Ancient Rune turned into any spell damage, as he has no counter to tanks. Spell penetration has no sizable effect on damage.

4 hours ago, Bile said:

I'd like to see Jackson just get a complete re-work. 

That’s a tall order for a classic AoS hero, care to elaborate?

His function and kit are streamlined and synergetic no?

On 9/17/2019 at 9:35 AM, DragonHeart said:

The Q needs to be reverted back to single target damage, or Ancient Rune turned into any spell damage, as he has no counter to tanks. Spell penetration has no sizable effect on damage.

While Q channel indeed no longer procs Ancient Rune, the rest of his kit still does. His kit also now procs Chilling Artifact slow, Deathmask debuff, and Shrink Ray debuff. It’s a fair trade.

His fundamental function as an initiator and CC hero is improved. He’s not a tank killer.

12 hours ago, MOTHER said:

That’s a tall order for a classic AoS hero, care to elaborate?

His function and kit are streamlined and synergetic no?

No. Not really. His kit barely helps him farm, he needs expensive support items to be anyone what relevant in that role as where other heroes just don't. And for damage? It's a joke. He might be able to get some kills here and there but he just feels so underwhelming. Most tanks will just a-click on him and laugh because there's nothing you can really do. 

So basically he's an initiator that requires either warp or dial. Does minimal damage until SUUUUUPER late game, and is forced because of how his ultimate works to pull in as many heroes as humanly possible and then probably die. 

I realize he's a staple in the game and has been here longer than most players, but his kit feels so clunky. I will admit I'm not a top tier AoS player or anything like that so maybe someone like Grass/Fisher can playtest him and give more feedback. 

Only suggestion for the rework I'd have is when he casts Q I feel like it should slow in an AoE around the target, for the simple reason he can't use other abilities or move when casting it. Not ideal when there's 2-3 heroes in a lane. 

Only place I'd see him shine is in a team built around him for an in-house. Like the gross but beautiful display of shade using his vortex, rory rebounder/q/ult, and then daddy Jackson dropping in the R/E/Q. Outside of that sort of thing, he's gone from THE BEST initiator in the game to like a grade D. 

On 9/19/2019 at 3:06 AM, MOTHER said:

While Q channel indeed no longer procs Ancient Rune, the rest of his kit still does. His kit also now procs Chilling Artifact slow, Deathmask debuff, and Shrink Ray debuff. It’s a fair trade.

His fundamental function as an initiator and CC hero is improved. He’s not a tank killer.

Tell that to Genoveva who does damage, CC, AND can tank...

Edited by DragonHeart