Sign in to follow this  
Xacent

An Open Letter to the Premades

First let me start by apologizing for my BM the other night.  I called out a premade after playing the same team over and over for about 5 hours but I could have been much more tactful with how I approached it and there is no question I was a bit rude, and for that I apologize.

That being said, I think it would be considerate if certain people mix it up a bit instead of just pub stomping for hours on end.  It gets really boring when you are stuck with randoms/new players and a well coordinated team that has been playing together for months just rolls over you.  It isn't fun, it doesn't help attract new players, it doesn't encourage existing players to play, it isn't good for the community.

I don't think there is anything wrong with playing with a premade every now and then, but if you really want to roll your remade find another team to play against please (IH?).  Because the reason you aren't finding it in pubs is because there aren't very many players on regularly.  I'm not trying to hate on you guys, I know you are just doing what is fun for you -- it just isn't fun for everyone else.

That is all, I will get off my soap box.

This is why the function of the lobby host exists honestly. Some players take it on themselves to shuffle teams that are too lopsided.

Tilting the lobby names appropriately also helps set the mood for a game (“newbie friendly”, “no premade”, “premade teams”).

By agreeing to play against premades for 5 hours, you are passively accepting this pattern of behavior in a way.

I am not suggesting that there is no validity in how you feel - Not at all. Just that it takes everyone involved for this situation to happen, and communication is key. 

I think in the spirit of GGs, everyone should be seeking out competition rather than easy wins to validate their egos. Premades should seek out other premades as possible IMO, but that’s just me.

Idk,   In my opinion there is simple idea:
wanna win? - make your premade

wanna cool game? - make ih

wanna hf? - do whatever u want 

lul

15 hours ago, MOTHER said:

This is why the function of the lobby host exists honestly. Some players take it on themselves to shuffle teams that are too lopsided.

Tilting the lobby names appropriately also helps set the mood for a game (“newbie friendly”, “no premade”, “premade teams”).

By agreeing to play against premades for 5 hours, you are passively accepting this pattern of behavior in a way.

I am not suggesting that there is no validity in how you feel - Not at all. Just that it takes everyone involved for this situation to happen, and communication is key. 

I think in the spirit of GGs, everyone should be seeking out competition rather than easy wins to validate their egos. Premades should seek out other premades as possible IMO, but that’s just me.

All fair comments.

I played against them for 5 hours because that is where the games were and I wanted to play -- so I was totally a willing participant.

I'm not trying to play the victim here and I'm not trying to hate on the people playing premade teams.  Everyone is just trying to do what gives them the most fun and I get that.  I don't want to see premades never playing in pubs, I just want them to know that it may affect the enjoyment of other players after they get stomped for the 10th time in a row ;).

I appreciate the responses and happy to see people discuss it.

Very interesting and I have quite a few questions. Who was in the premade team if you don't mind me asking (although I have a pretty good idea of a few players it may be)? Was a full team of 5? Did they win every game? 

I personally think 2 friends in the same team every game is fine (if not a little gay), 3 pushing it and 4 or 5 pretty retarded. That's not to say they can't be beat as a random team of regs can match most premades nowadays. Of course the chances of that goes way down if you have a 1 newbie and its downright impossible with 2. 

17 minutes ago, BlackCat said:

Very interesting and I have quite a few questions. Who was in the premade team if you don't mind me asking (although I have a pretty good idea of a few players it may be)? Was a full team of 5? Did they win every game? 

I personally think 2 friends in the same team every game is fine (if not a little gay), 3 pushing it and 4 or 5 pretty retarded. That's not to say they can't be beat as a random team of regs can match most premades nowadays. Of course the chances of that goes way down if you have a 1 newbie and its downright impossible with 2. 

I didn't mention who was in the premade on purpose -- no need to name names.  In this case it was a team of 4 and unfortunately for at least 2 games we had someone who dropped or RQ right away so I was playing 4v5.  The games weren't horribly matched, its just very difficult to beat an organized team with a random team, just because the team play and coordination generally isn't good.

Edit: Yes they won every game <the shame!>

Edited by Xacent

Lel two things wrong with this:

1) Playing for 5 hours

2) Being a b!tch about losing. Get gut my sweet and lovable friend! 

Edited by MOTHER
World peace!

42 minutes ago, Aphonia said:

1) Playing for 5 hours

2) Being a b!tch about losing. Get gut you fabulous person. <3

Woah, I'd love to play 5 hours of AoS if I could. 

On March 28, 2018 at 7:36 AM, Aphonia said:

1) Playing for 5 hours

2) Being a b!tch about losing. Get gut my sweet and lovable friend! 

I have no problem with losing.  In fact I can (and have) lose for 5 hours straight to randoms. . .

On 30/03/2018 at 4:33 PM, Xacent said:

I have no problem with losing.  In fact I can (and have) lose for 5 hours straight to randoms. . .

That is the problem, you gotta be alpha and not be cuck.

A cuck wouldn't mind losing 5 hours straight. Gotta treat BM with BM - mess with the lobby/inv a feeder to enemy team/stack your team. Only then will you earn the respect of Jamal. 

4 minutes ago, Aphonia said:

That is the problem, you gotta be alpha and not be cuck.

A cuck wouldn't mind losing 5 hours straight. Gotta treat BM with BM - mess with the lobby/inv a feeder to enemy team/stack your team. Only then will you earn the respect of Jamal. 

Teach me O wise alpha cuck.

On 07/04/2018 at 12:31 AM, Xacent said:

Teach me O wise alpha cuck.

Firstly I am not a cuck. 

Secondly I did make a guide. However due to 'technical issues' I was unable to complete it.