Sign in to follow this  
DreamCrusher

Just Thought on Op Heroes

Karak- maybe limit the amount of arduants he can cast based on lvl .. maybe he gets 1 at start, gets another at lvl 11, another lvl 16? its op that whole team is disappearing in team fights.. in all diff parts of the map

Penthos (think maybe 3 ults is the problem)

Corona - reduce dmg or move speed

kitty- solo boss at 6

10 hours ago, Deathbringer said:

Jack- invis player activate bombs, also there should be any option to kill bombs in bushes or on high ground (without ward)

Actually that's the main point of playing around it - place wards.  When last time u saw smb placing wards? ppl think that it is too expensive and doesn't cost it  (when have no normal farm )
summers is not op or even good, just players to bad 
(and I hate damn lag)

21 hours ago, Deathbringer said:

Jack- invis player activate bombs, also there should be any option to kill bombs in bushes or on high ground (without ward)

Eye of Narud + Infrared Goggles

Or pick heroes that have minions and trigger the proximity mines for free. Or just pick Dustin and turn him into a third wheel.

I understand that Jakk is frustrating to deal with in pubs, and he may get some tweaks soon, but the game can't be balanced around pubs. Against a competent team, Jakk can be rendered completely useless. All his active abilities but one are negated by truesight. He falls off late game, especially if he doesn't nab first blood.

Anyway, this thread has some good thoughts for next patch.

I can't get off feeling of misundearstanding.

By "invis player activate bombs" - I mean invisible hero going onto mines still get affected by them. I thought that bombs should be activated only if visible unit go into them.

Also it is like you have 2 ways:

1. To ward every single bush/ enemy high ground in game loosing mass minerals on it...
  2. Get ts and pray for no bombs from lowerground -> highground...

Both of this solution include mass mineral spending which early game can be game losing moment...

It is not like he is op same way as tass etc, it's just freakin annoying that you have no way to escape if you meet his bombs by accident...

I love to play jakk  but hate jakk on my team, too much of a risk pick ingame. If bad teammate plays jakk he just feeds them minerals.  If opposing team picks Dustin his mines are just a liability. You know the sign of a bad jakk? When ts comes on the field they are suddenly useless. Or they spend 5 minutes jacking off in a bush hopping someone will walk into the mines when they could just farm an equivalent mineral amount in 1 minute.

There is too much overlap between his e mines and his R mines. Don't they basically serve the same purpose?

don't get me wrong Jakk isn't UP

Edited by Head

13 hours ago, Head said:

There is too much overlap between his e mines and his R mines. Don't they basically serve the same purpose?

Proximity Mines are better for mining jungle areas and using in the bushes (everything but the lanes). They also slow and don't scale as well into the late game, but are very strong before level 11 when stacked (5+ can kill most heroes early game). After that you can use them singularly to slow down enemies chasing you. E mines along with Spyder Wards also can offer some solid map awareness when used individually and when spaced correctly.

Remote mines are better at guarding lanes/towers and key points like bosses because they are much stronger and more precise for AOE kills (proximity mines tend to mostly kill solo targets because they all trigger at once when an enemy is nearby) . Their damage also scales very well with INT late game. Remote Mines can't be triggered by minions or by single enemies. This fact makes them valuable because you have that level of control and you can always deny them. You can't deny Proximity Mines which are a huge economical risk when the enemy gets TS.

These subtle differences between them means that they are functionally very unique once you get passed the obvious "mines = boom" thing.

On 1/7/2018 at 7:24 PM, DreamCrusher said:

kitty- solo boss at 6

boii please. With a half decent start kitty can solo worm right as it spawns.

(hes not the only one who could do that last I played)

Edited by Destroyer

haha

6 hours ago, Destroyer said:

boii please. With a half decent start kitty can solo worm right as it spawns.

(hes not the only one who could do that last I played)

i dont play kitty, but im sure you're telling the truth

Fire worm:

As pointed out previously the boss can be killed by a lot of heroes early on. However melee heroes that picks up a hunters hatchet as first item are the once that excels when it comes down to the fire worm. Assuming you have some idea of what you are doing and aren't completely smashed in the laning phase you'll have enough money for the hatchet around lvl 5-7.

But as the boss only buffs 1 player is this really a big issue? If it is I'd suggest throwing down a ward or two around the boss. 60 / 120 minerals sounds like a fair investment to me when it comes to shutting down enemy jungle, not to mention you'll have an excellent chance to kill 2 birds with one stone ( enemy toon + boss when he attempts it).

Balance suggestion, the lvl 1 fire worm dies to quick for people to react, so increase it's hp and decrease it's damage and people who actually warded might have a fair chance to prevent it.

Jakk is a retard toon, designed for noobs to kill other noobs. Anyone who isn't mentally challenged won't run around careless on places where Jakk has been seen the last 5-10 minutes. Really the guy becomes utterly useless when someone invests into an Elixir. Jakk is by far the cheapest hero in the game to shut down, not to mention you are likely to get the money back you spent on the elixir by killing his mines.

Balance suggestion: Revert back to the old Jakk who was more fun to play as and against + wasn't useless as soon as someone picked up an elixir.

Tassadar: Barely played, and even less frequent by anyone good, yet strong.

Balance suggestion: Don't allow the clone to be more than X units away from the real Tassadar. Having 2 heroes to farm with / splittpushing 2 lanes at the same time is just stupid and the reason he snowballs so heavy that his clone single handedly shaps on people. 

Penthos, Early game hero with really easy snowballing potential. Perhaps super heated mantle is to strong  in general, nevertheless it's the only item this toon needs to become an early game monster, wrecking anything he swings by. 

Karak,  the only reason this toon doesn't get more complains is because he's barely played due to being a support. Anyway let's just put it this way:  if any burst / dps was half as broken as this flober the few remaining people would have uninstalled starcraft by now.

Balance suggestion: Remove from game

Corona, Not sure whenever or not it was intended but the toon does to much damage without items allowing it to spend money on things that makes it easy build up stacks / dodge enemies while still diminishing out insane amounts of damage. 

Balance suggestion: Decrease base damage and increase scaling.

22 hours ago, Fisher said:

Fire worm:

As pointed out previously the boss can be killed by a lot of heroes early on. However melee heroes that picks up a hunters hatchet as first item are the once that excels when it comes down to the fire worm. Assuming you have some idea of what you are doing and aren't completely smashed in the laning phase you'll have enough money for the hatchet around lvl 5-7.

But as the boss only buffs 1 player is this really a big issue? If it is I'd suggest throwing down a ward or two around the boss. 60 / 120 minerals sounds like a fair investment to me when it comes to shutting down enemy jungle, not to mention you'll have an excellent chance to kill 2 birds with one stone ( enemy toon + boss when he attempts it).

Balance suggestion, the lvl 1 fire worm dies to quick for people to react, so increase it's hp and decrease it's damage and people who actually warded might have a fair chance to prevent it.

Jakk is a retard toon, designed for noobs to kill other noobs. Anyone who isn't mentally challenged won't run around careless on places where Jakk has been seen the last 5-10 minutes. Really the guy becomes utterly useless when someone invests into an Elixir. Jakk is by far the cheapest hero in the game to shut down, not to mention you are likely to get the money back you spent on the elixir by killing his mines.

Balance suggestion: Revert back to the old Jakk who was more fun to play as and against + wasn't useless as soon as someone picked up an elixir.

Tassadar: Barely played, and even less frequent by anyone good, yet strong.

Balance suggestion: Don't allow the clone to be more than X units away from the real Tassadar. Having 2 heroes to farm with / splittpushing 2 lanes at the same time is just stupid and the reason he snowballs so heavy that his clone single handedly shaps on people. 

Penthos, Early game hero with really easy snowballing potential. Perhaps super heated mantle is to strong  in general, nevertheless it's the only item this toon needs to become an early game monster, wrecking anything he swings by. 

Karak,  the only reason this toon doesn't get more complains is because he's barely played due to being a support. Anyway let's just put it this way:  if any burst / dps was half as broken as this flober the few remaining people would have uninstalled starcraft by now.

Balance suggestion: Remove from game

Corona, Not sure whenever or not it was intended but the toon does to much damage without items allowing it to spend money on things that makes it easy build up stacks / dodge enemies while still diminishing out insane amounts of damage. 

Balance suggestion: Decrease base damage and increase scaling.

Great analysis and points! What's your AOS in-game name if I may be so bold to ask?