Sign in to follow this  
MOTHER

AoS 7 Beta Changelog

Mother, I was going to tell about it long time ago but forgot - photodeviator doesn't give cloac (I am not sure, but looks like no even simple cloac)     check it out pls, cause I have some cool combos with this item, but need true cloac to work

4 hours ago, MOTHER said:

OP and beta map updated!

Nice item changes

Interesting stuf -  u nerfed Bio's zombies AOE resist
Idea is that Bio was able to jungling but struggled cause there is an AOE in every camp
so u used to microcontrol to let em dodge aoes and do damage
now they die even harder
Think about removing AOE dmg for some camps - that would really help bio, ling, unix junglers and wouldn't cange anything to others

Also about photodeviator
Have u checked if it gives true invis?  cause looks like its not
Or I just have to ask about mechanic -       if for example I am Lurker or Toxi with ult on use photo on myself and dive in enemies should I stay invisible?
Cause when I did that enemies saw me.   But explanation says that they shouldn't cause Cloac fells only on AA (or smth like that)

Bio,

You could never directly control his infected civilians outside of his R and that's where and the damage resistance was really needed to make the spell fulfill its potential.

I did try to jungle with Bio to see what you mean, and failed miserably until level 4-5. The jungler items have all been improved for their purpose this patch though to make them more cost effective since opening with them could set you back. We'll see about the AoE in the jungle camps after this.

Photodeviator,

You should stay invisible and keep the damage resistance provided you do not attack or cast spells. If they have detection, they will see you but you will retain the damage resistance that the active provides you. I've been seeing more players incorporate the item in their builds, mostly on initiators to do their thing. It's working good, maybe too good.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:09 AM, MOTHER said:

Photodeviator,

You should stay invisible and keep the damage resistance provided you do not attack or cast spells. If they have detection, they will see you but you will retain the damage resistance that the active provides you. I've been seeing more players incorporate the item in their builds, mostly on initiators to do their thing. It's working good, maybe too good.

Oh , ok, I misunderstood how it is supposed to work.  There s written  "True Cloac" so I thought that it should be invisible even to scan
its fine then

what about it is too op - ye it is
but nobody buys that
actually idk why but there are few ppl buying support items when most of them are very powerfull
I guess photo shouldn't be nerfed cause it gives just armor and resist that are really not needed to support so this item kinda balanced buy giving pretty weak stats
(idea that almost ALL support items have resists makes armor and resist less costeffective to supports but that's fine)

On 6/5/2017 at 11:49 AM, MOTHER said:

Duran's Buckler

- No longer gives +6 Armor.

- Unique changed to "Property of Duran 1"; Grants +6 Spell Armor.

Duran's Machete

- No longer gives +5% Weapon Speed.

- Unique changed to "Property of Duran 2"; Grants +6% Weapon Speed.

Duran's Pendant

- No longer gives +1 Energy Regeneration.

- Unique changed to "Property of Duran 3"; Grants +3% Spell Damage.

no

For their price, those items gave far too much and took away from other early game items.

Consider this in the context of recent changes such as:

1- The new consumables added and the tweaks to existing consumables that offer lenient health and energy regen in lane.

2-  Lifesteal of Machete repurposed for Hunter's Hatchet and Hunter's Knife.

3- Attributes giving more per point than before.

4- Sanctums offering near lane high regen.

5- STR heroes meta was in part due to their ability to mitigate physical and spell damage early. Buckler did not help.

For their price, the items are still giving a ton of value. Changes are not final anyway.

Can finally register for an account on this site.

I really appreciate the time and energy the developers have dedicated to this game. It is certainly a thankless job at times and I'm sure everyone has other obligations that need tending to. One thing I've been very critical about in regards to the last couple of patches, and perhaps the community can chime in too, is that it seems like often times, changes released to public aren't thoroughly tested or reviewed. Sure, I can understand that there's a shortage of resources to devote to this game, but I feel like the recent changes have further divided and diminished the already small existing player-base. Also, some changes just don't make sense. Here's a list of items that I feel need tending to:

1) Experience Points: Killing a Godlike hero and granting them an additional 50% XP + minerals is, in my opinion, a little high. In game, this translates to at least 1k minerals from what I've experienced in the game. This also applies to the folks who get assists as well. It's a bit extreme and would hope this gets scaled back a bit.

2) Experience (in general): There are a few support heroes that I've played where I'll ramp up a high number of assists and a low number of kills, and still be about 3-4 levels lower than the guy who's killed a few heroes with many deaths. Heroes that come to mind are Rancor, Unix, etc... I don't understand how I can have 10 assists with Rancor but still be lower leveled than the guy who's had way more deaths. Is there just a very small weight allocated to assists vs. kills?

3) Creeps: Wayyyyyyyyyy too strong. Please, nerf them, especially super creeps. I find it outrageous that losing 1 suppressor gives the other team such a huge advantage especially since 1-2 waves of super creeps can kill the temple and end the game. If the intention of making creeps this strong is to end the game quicker, then I feel like it's counter productive since games still last around an hour on average. Making creeps this strong doesn't accelerate the speed of the game. Please nerf them so super creeps can't steam roll towers on their own.

4) Sunflare Gun: Please nerf. 250 intel + 110% intel is ridiculous. I'm not even sure why this was buffed to this extent. It seems like the new meta is intel heros since end-game intel heros have intel of about 500 - 700 and SFG shouldn't be able to do as much damage as Cyprus burst. Might as well stack 5 intel heroes and max out intel with SFG, then proceed to burst down enemy team.

5) Broken Heroes: Queen, Bio, etc, please fix. Queen can still solo bosses with ultralisk, and intel bio can burst as hard as cyprus. Have also seen intel bio one-shot squishy heroes with max intel. I've also seen max intel on queen with dps hybrid build and it's ridiculously broken. Why were these changed? Mother, we know you like Queen, so we wonder if you buffed her out of favoritism.

6) The Hero Changes That Make No Sense: So Tassadar seems nerfed to hell, not just his abilities, but coupled with all the item changes, he's just not fun to play anymore. Same with lurker as well. There have been so many changes to Jakk, which I feel like aren't even necessary. Easily one of the most countered heroes in the game but his spells keep getting revamped to the point where he's just a full intel support hero. Bring back his old mine-field! Also, dps lurker isn't viable anymore either. It just doesn't make sense that heros originally scaled on either intel, strength, or agility have their spells being scaled on other attributes. Boros is another good example where all his spells are scaled on intel instead of agility. Why?!!!!!! Tychus is also incredibly broken (Grasshead built everthirst on him and he never died and just rekt a whole team himself)

7) Squishy Ass Agility Heroes: In the old patches, dps heroes would be able to buy agility items that had an HP component to it but now it seems like most of the items that are a fit for that dps hero no longer contains HP. Shinobi, and a few other common items used to make dps heroes a little meaty. Now, dps heroes either need to sacrifice offense for hp or the other way around to the point where no one really wants to touch DPS. Simply because to perform well with a DPS hero is highly dependent on the competency of your team since you're now incredibly squishy and being a main carry, the enemy is likely going to shut you down first. So either you have to resort to backdooring or hope that you have good support to let you come in, dish the damage, and save you from dying. The meta nowadays is really intel heros because not only do they have damage scale, but also the right HP items to make them meaty 

😎 Temple Is Useless: Enough said. Slow attack speed, not enough damage, doesn't prioritize heroes properly, why???? The fact that 1 wave of super creeps can already steam-roll the base coupled with a useless Temple just makes the game very difficult.

9) Buying Items Take Too Long: Items used to be purchased instantly if you double click them. Not sure if you've noticed but there's a huge delay between actually purchasing the item when it's double clicked. Is this a bug? I find that I often miss buying items while TP'ing to a lane because of this delay.

10) Nanosuit: As mentioned elsewhere, I think the debuff is a little too much. Sure, the damage resistance is nice, but couple that with HP recovery + debuff, it's hard to kill heroes that buy this. Almost everybody buys nanosuit to take advantage of this and for all the players that abuse tank heroes with movement speed, it just makes it incredibly difficult to kill these types of heroes. I understand that the intent was to make tank heroes a little more meaty, but keep in mind that Nanosuit is also being utilized with other types of heroes. I've definitely seen combos like maar + LB + nanosuit or cain + nanosuit or Micro + all speed items + nanosuit, etc. It creates a large imbalance.

11) Testing The Game/Player Retention/Future Developments/Understanding The Community: I think this is probably the most important point to make. As mentioned before, the community definitely appreciates the time and dedication that the dev team has invested into this game. You're not getting compensated for this and do this voluntarily for a small group of folks who continue to enjoy this game. But, for the sake of the folks that still enjoy this game, please take our feedback and consideration into mind as far as the direction of the game goes. For me personally, the last few updates have been very discouraging because there were bugs often found with the new releases, or that there were changes that made no sense, etc. It felt like new changes were getting rolled out simply due to what the dev team felt was necessary or appropriate without really understanding the needs and positions of the existing community. I'm not sure how often the dev team comes on to test these changes, or even play pub games long enough to understand the potential impact and implications of the new changes, but it feels like there's not enough time invested in that area, and that changes are rolled out haphazardly. A few examples that come to mind is definitely the changes to SFG, the further revamp for Jakk, the new Queen, the 1-shot intel bio, etc. And any additional changes/revamps to heroes/items that didn't need further development anyways which in effect, made other things obsolete.

In the recent months, I've seen more regulars quit this game simply because of the direction that was taken by the devs, which is a shame because it's already hard enough to get a game going. From the feedback I've gotten from some of the veteran regulars of this game, AoS is truly the best moba they've played, but they're slowly drifting to other games because the changes are shap/doesn't make sense, and updates/fixes aren't rolled out fast enough to keep up with the community. Maybe the old days are gone where we have 5 consecutive games in a row but that doesn't mean we can't do anything presently to try to improve the game for the folks who still continue to enjoy it.

If it's even possible to lure back some old players to the game, then I think the effort to accomplish that would be worth it.

Also, need to be nicer to noobs so we can get an influx of new faces instead of playing against the same group of 25 people, who usually just still stick to 1-3 heroes after playing this game for years. Worker definitely comes to mind, still op though---what did you play before Penthos?

Lul) List Of Regular Players And Their Heroes:

Contact---Bio, LZ, Unix, Dustin (no more cuz nerfed to hell), Penthos

AlwaysNoob---Cow, SS, Raynor, Medic (no more cuz can't abuse veil), Queen (super abusive)

Terror---Rancor, Vespus, Drake

Worker---Penthos

Grasshead---Op with all heroes with any build

BraveDave---Cyprus, Rory, Fart-Hero

MichaelSee---Vergil, Grunty

CompleteNoob---Zera

Azkor---Boros

ROEY---LZ

Enpitsu---Drake, Unix

SuperToast---Rancor, Boros

Talien---Balrog

PatternE---Tychus

Memphix---LZ

Obs (RIP)---Cyprus, Cow, any other hero that can escape or block stuff off

FFSM (best support ever)---Medic, Viper, Geneva

LeeRocks (RIP)---Cain, Vorpal

Toxic---Rancor

#MakeAoSGreatAgain

5 hours ago, HiddenChad said:

1) Experience Points: Killing a Godlike hero and granting them an additional 50% XP + minerals is, in my opinion, a little high. In game, this translates to at least 1k minerals from what I've experienced in the game. This also applies to the folks who get assists as well. It's a bit extreme and would hope this gets scaled back a bit.

This was done to add a light rubberband mechanic to the game in response to its current state. Right now games can be decided in the lobby when 1 or 2 OP players are in a team, and since we cannot trust hosts to balance the teams, this is one alternative - Punish the mistakes of the really strong players harder, and giving the losing team a fighting chance. You should know that this amount diminishes as the game progresses. Killing a godlike in minute 10 gives significantly more reward than in minute 50 for example.

3) Creeps: Wayyyyyyyyyy too strong. Please, nerf them, especially super creeps. I find it outrageous that losing 1 suppressor gives the other team such a huge advantage especially since 1-2 waves of super creeps can kill the temple and end the game. If the intention of making creeps this strong is to end the game quicker, then I feel like it's counter productive since games still last around an hour on average. Making creeps this strong doesn't accelerate the speed of the game. Please nerf them so super creeps can't steam roll towers on their own.

😎 Temple Is Useless: Enough said. Slow attack speed, not enough damage, doesn't prioritize heroes properly, why???? The fact that 1 wave of super creeps can already steam-roll the base coupled with a useless Temple just makes the game very difficult.

These will be addressed in the upcoming patch, however yes the goal of these changes to end the game faster.

6 hours ago, HiddenChad said:

9) Buying Items Take Too Long: Items used to be purchased instantly if you double click them. Not sure if you've noticed but there's a huge delay between actually purchasing the item when it's double clicked. Is this a bug? I find that I often miss buying items while TP'ing to a lane because of this delay.

Will check it out.

It just doesn't make sense that heros originally scaled on either intel, strength, or agility have their spells being scaled on other attributes. Boros is another good example where all his spells are scaled on intel instead of agility.

Heroes originally predominantly all scaled with INT. Over the last year, there was an initiative to allow heroes to scale in at least 1 other way. Omni Boros scales with INT, and Salsa Boros scales with Agi aka Weapon Damage (Primary Attributes give weapon damage now like before).

10) Nanosuit: As mentioned elsewhere, I think the debuff is a little too much. Sure, the damage resistance is nice, but couple that with HP recovery + debuff, it's hard to kill heroes that buy this. Almost everybody buys nanosuit to take advantage of this and for all the players that abuse tank heroes with movement speed, it just makes it incredibly difficult to kill these types of heroes. I understand that the intent was to make tank heroes a little more meaty, but keep in mind that Nanosuit is also being utilized with other types of heroes. I've definitely seen combos like maar + LB + nanosuit or cain + nanosuit or Micro + all speed items + nanosuit, etc. It creates a large imbalance.

Nanosuit isn't just for tanks, it's to survive very specific situations. It's being tweaked in the upcoming patch in at least 2 ways.

Why were these changed? Mother, we know you like Queen, so we wonder if you buffed her out of favoritism.

Queen has not been buffed in ages , not even ninja buffs. As much as possible, my favoritism does not factor into balance decisions. There are several heroes that can take out bosses singlehandedly. I recommend warding bosses and anticipate their attempt if you know those heroes are in the game.

hope that you have good support to let you come in, dish the damage, and save you from dying.

Good idea.

Testing The Game/Player Retention/Future Developments/Understanding The Community: I think this is probably the most important point to make. As mentioned before, the community definitely appreciates the time and dedication that the dev team has invested into this game.

We simply do not have the resources to test things as liberally and meticulously as before. Before we upload any patch, I do a series of tests lasting 2-3 weekends with the available playerbase. Feedback is taken and we rinse and repeat this to the best of our ability.

In the recent months, I've seen more regulars quit this game simply because of the direction that was taken by the devs,

This is simply not a fair statement as the SC2 client itself is in its twilight, and much of the work and time I put into the game in the last year was intended to either keep the game fresh, address bugs/concerns or add polish and clean it up in preparation for the long night ahead. 

We cannot control the actions or inactions of the playerbase, we also cannot read your minds also. If you ask any of the players you listed if they had direct contact with me or Adam, and ask them how responsive we were to their feedback you will know that when it counts we made ourselves available to the community and paid heed to their concerns within reason.

As you said, this is a thankless effort, and not everyone will agree with everything we do or don't do. The best we can do is keep an open mind and be transparent about things.

On 1/24/2019 at 6:13 PM, HiddenChad said:

Lul) List Of Regular Players And Their Heroes:

Contact---Bio, LZ, Unix, Dustin (no more cuz nerfed to hell), Penthos

AlwaysNoob---Cow, SS, Raynor, Medic (no more cuz can't abuse veil), Queen (super abusive)

Terror---Rancor, Vespus, Drake

Worker---Penthos

Grasshead---Op with all heroes with any build

BraveDave---Cyprus, Rory, Fart-Hero

MichaelSee---Vergil, Grunty

CompleteNoob---Zera

Azkor---Boros

ROEY---LZ

Enpitsu---Drake, Unix

SuperToast---Rancor, Boros

Talien---Balrog

PatternE---Tychus

Memphix---LZ

Obs (RIP)---Cyprus, Cow, any other hero that can escape or block stuff off

FFSM (best support ever)---Medic, Viper, Geneva

LeeRocks (RIP)---Cain, Vorpal

Toxic---Rancor

#MakeAoSGreatAgain

Lol Funny list but you must have a really small sample size of games. Just saying! 

I think it was agility toons a few patches back getting some nerfs across them,  if I remember correctly the distribution of their primary skills worked out to put them in disadvantage prior to the update. 

Then next up was strength toons getting reduced move speed and or more expensive items / nerfed items.

Now we're looking at the int ones getting burst damage decreased pretty much across the board, on top of that there's further reduction in terms of damage caps on most of the burst damage items.

What are we trying to achieve? Removing all kind of nukes?

on a side note, personally I prefer to swap into new toons getting buffed, so constant nerfs across the hero selection screen doesn't excite me even though it's meant to balance the game. 

On 2/4/2019 at 11:32 PM, Fisher said:

I think it was agility toons a few patches back getting some nerfs across them,  if I remember correctly the distribution of their primary skills worked out to put them in disadvantage prior to the update. 

Then next up was strength toons getting reduced move speed and or more expensive items / nerfed items.

Most of these changes were a mixture of buffs and nerfs aimed at standardizing certain aspects of characters in light of the changes to attributes. Also wanted to make the strengths and weaknesses of each of the attributes more defined and pronounced. Both hero types seem to being doing fine in the games we're playing.

Now we're looking at the int ones getting burst damage decreased pretty much across the board, on top of that there's further reduction in terms of damage caps on most of the burst damage items.

What are we trying to achieve? Removing all kind of nukes?

Sunflare Gun deals as much damage now as before, if not more. The difference is, you don't have to be an INT hero completely to deal that high damage which levels the playing field in the context of this item at least. The stats were nerfed to give the item more of a Warp Shard treatment, in that you are buying it for its active because it will be useful against your enemies or with your heroes.

Star's Fury deals more damage to more heroes now, but the added damage cap is there to keep it in line with the rest of the items.

Cerebro had the INT scaling reduced, but the addition of the refresh from its active means that the item can potentially dish out its lightning burst twice in row if you play it right.

I don't see the burst damage potential being reduced, it's just not as easy to dish it out, but make no mistake the damage is there if you want it.

on a side note, personally I prefer to swap into new toons getting buffed, so constant nerfs across the hero selection screen doesn't excite me even though it's meant to balance the game. 

All things equal, I prefer buffing counter-heroes and items than nerfing problem heroes/items.

Are there any 'new toons' that should be getting buffed?

Some points you've made seems reasonable while I don't agree on all of them. 

The burst damage is being nerfed significantly if you were previously fully utilize the item, i.e. building it with synergising items to get the most bang for the buck. Take sunflare for example, if you have a full int burst build you would probably deal 1000-1500 on the sunflare active. 

If you had a more balanced build damage cap reduction is less significant.The same logic applies with the other items where the new cap has been introduced. By the end of the day the nerf will be bigger the better you previously utilized the item.

The question is if we want the item to proc insane amounts of damage or not. If the question is no, you might want to amend the item and buff something else enough to make up for the high reduction of damage.  Otherwise I won't find myself buying an item like that, simply because there are better options.

I am just afraid that items that was previously one of the more situational items are now becoming less common. 

I think most heroes are in a good place, but they are not played because they require a bit of team work, or they are less forgiving to play (squishy, not having an easy escape etc.)

I appreciate that changes are required to keep the game a up and running, but perhaps focus on what heroes consider boring when implementing changes. 

On 2/6/2019 at 12:49 AM, Fisher said:

perhaps focus on what heroes consider boring when implementing changes

That is what I am hopefully doing with the new changes to heroes like Avenger and Narud, make them attractive enough to play and stand out more among the cast without alienating those who don't find them boring. Because boring is a subjective experience, so...

As always thanks for the feedback. It's well received.

On 6/5/2017 at 5:49 PM, MOTHER said:

Sunflare Gun

- Removed Runic Gavel and Bloodletter components; No longer gives 30 Weapon Damage, 15% Cooldown, 2 Energy Regen, and removed Sadism 1 Unique (+10% Lifesteal and Spellvamp; See Energy Saber). 

- Added Fusion Plating and Metabolic Booster; Now gives 14 Agility and 14 Strength

- Intelligence increased to 30 from 20.

- Energy reduced to 300 from 350.

- Spell Damage changed to 200 + (20*LVL) (+80% INT) Spell Damage from 250 (+110% INT).

- Debuff now reduces target Healing by 90% for 6 seconds instead of reducing Spell Resistance by 15% for 5 seconds.

- Debuff now ignores immunity.

- Price reduced to 3000 from 3200.

Sunflare: The antihealing effect makes no point on a burst item that probably does a good 1000-1500 damage if you build proper burst:  On top of that the item is already strong enough / popular enough to be bought even if you removed the anti healing effect.

People are having an item to counter healing even when that wasn't the reason they bought it, MAKES NO SENSE way too much value for the money.

Kuradel

HP (End of Times; Remake) - Killing an Enemy Non-heroic Unit grants Kuradel (+1 INT) for 180 seconds. This amount is increased to (+10 INT) when killing Enemy Heroes. Refreshing and stacking up to (+100 INT). Total Int reduced from a total of 120 --> probably 30-50.

Q - Scaling Spell Damage reduced to 25% INT from 32% INT. Nerf 2

- If only one enemy is hit, deals its damage as True Damage instead of dealing 1.5x Spell Damage.

W - Base Spell Damage decreased to 60/100/140/180 from 70/120/170/220. Nerf 3

- Scaling Spell Damage reduced to 40% INT from 50% INT. Nerf 4

- No longer deals half damage to enemy non-heroic units. Irrelevant buff / very signifcant  as you farm with your Q.

E - (Deathly Harvest; RemakeAbilities no longer deals bonus Spell Damage based on 4/6/7/8% Target Missing Health; Abilities now deal bonus Spell Damage based on the difference between the target Enemy Hero's Intelligence and Kuradel's multiplied by 0.2/0.28/0.36/0.42. (Note: Deals no Bonus Spell Damage if target Enemy Hero has equal or greater Intelligence than Kuradel.) Nerf 5

- Now procs only on Enemy Heroes instead of any Enemies. 

R - Scaling Spell Damage increased to 55% INT from 50% INT. Minor buff, but doesn't offset any of the above nerfs.

In total I'd count it as 4 nerfs on a hero that wasn't OP last game I played him. I may have gotten a decent score, but that was cause of the team comp ( and players). I was actually feeling that I was struggling to do good damage against the viron even thought I went a full glass build, all pure burst damage items. 

Kuradel, 

Kuradel’s new E means that at level 4, for every 100 INT difference, he is dealing +42 spell damage. On a hero that can reach 700 or even 800 INT, that’s a huge amount of bonus damage to enemy heroes from all your abilities on top of each ability’s own scaling.

Most heroes you face will never have more than 150-200 INT. 

E is a big buff and that’s why his abilities were tweaked to accomodate it.

His heroic was changed to incentivize a more active playstyle and to potentially bring him online faster with his new E.

In spite of what appears to be nerfs, Kuradel is still as strong, and situationally even stronger than before.

And He wasn’t ‘nerfed’ because of your OP performance. Many of these changes were already in the game when you played.

edit- will see about the sunburn debuff