Sign in to follow this  
MOTHER

AoS 7 Beta Changelog

Feedback

1. I feel that creeps before this changelog do a lot of damage and really hamper any form of sustained trading in lane. This leaves only long range poking or ganks to harm your opponent without taking 80+% of the damage back due to creeps. I do not understand why they are being even further buffed.

1.5. This also makes Duran's buckler, with that new price and passive a very good tank item in the early game. 15 damage reduction is at least 16% damage reduction from hero basic attacks at level assuming a maximum of 90. That's like doubling the normal physical damage reduction a champ usually has at the beginning of the game. It also can make you near-immune to infested terrans and MK marines. In this meta where HP is one of the best stats, duran's buckler is really good.

2. One of the previous patches adjusted hero base and level gain attributes. This makes some of the heroes awkward to play, in addition to funneling their build choices (which I won't go into). For example, Anthrax lost agility, so this makes his attack speed over 2.00 for levels 1-10 (without fury talent). It feels like playing in molasses.

3. Although he always kind of was, Dustin is now absolutely oppressive to lane against. His boosted hero passive is one of the best in the game now. It makes him difficult to gank, and range increases on his abilities give him an easier time to poke. Keep everything but the ability ranges.

4. No need for 100 range flares which is basically from fountain to levi. I should be punished severely for not warding the bosses.

5. Burst spellcasters somewhat lack an answer to tanks. I see the need to buff ancient rune, but the loss of spell resist reduction from kura death mask and star's fury int scaling denies burst spellcasters the sustained DPS to take down tanks. Well, it's not like it's the burst spellcaster's job to take down tanks, they just feel really weak against them.

6. I can't read some of the tooltips of the talents.

1. Creep aggro was intended to be genuine threat during laning, and a defensive option for heroes. The idea is to think twice about how and when to try to zone out your opponent during laning and to choose your position wisely in relation to the creepwave. This new change however is meant to impact AoE spell damage (small nerf) and also reduce the total number of units on the map at any given time (performance). The total damage output and sum of all the creep healths is relatively the same, so is the mineral and XP rewards.

1.5. Ty and noted. 

2. The attributes were adjusted in relation to a hero's intended function and intended timing. For example, Anthrax may have lost early game Agi (because he is not intended to be an early game DPS hero, he is INT) but he gained equal AGI and INT (6 and 6) gain per level meaning you can still play on the AGI side of him, just not off the bat. Anthrax also was on the receiving end of a lot of other mostly positive tweaks. It's never lose-lose. It's difficult to take on this subject as a whole to be honest, and I would prefer specific hero examples (like what you did with Anthrax).

3. The idea behind Dustin's changes, which were a mixed bag of positive and negative, is to make him relevant among INT Carries like Kuradel and Psionic without buffing his damage.The focus was shifted on the most unique parts of the hero, which were always his above average range, his heroic, and the spell pen of his Q. What Dustin lost in the process was a lot of STR (lowest STR gain in the game IIRC), Movement Speed, early game damage (most of his damage was shifted to his skill shot Q now, as before W was dealing a lot of damage at a click of a button), not to mention his energy costs sky rocketed.

In this context, I would sooner consider making Dustin's weaknesses weaker  before going back to taking away his Strengths. Dustin is one of those heroes that needs an impeccable early game  to get an XP advantage over other heroes (the saying "gank them and you'll be fine" is cliche but really applies here). He's not without his achilles' heel and melts if he is ever caught out of position; A hero like Shadow is completely invisible to Dustin's heroic for example.Vergil completely bypasses all of Dustin's defenses and shuts him down with his insane mana leech.  Pulls are your friend here also.

Having said all this, I'll definitely look into this further.

4. Let's be honest, you can usually tell if someone is at Aeon/Levi because some of the visual and/or auditory cues that can be identified from behind the fog. A difference of 20u won't change the reality that a flare can still reveal the boss from a distance, but instead of having to stand next to your T3 tower, you can do it by standing next to your artifact. Even if they reveal your position with the new BM flare, they still need to get to you.

I'm still waiting for someone to place a Controller on one of the boss ward spots and have his entire team teleport to it to ambush the enemy during their boss fight thanks to Flares. 

You also have to consider that sometimes, items are buffed to incentivize people getting into the habit and mindset of purchasing them - but we know they have been overbuffed, and intend to normalize them once this goal is achieved. :)

5. Rune I think has achieved the sweet spot in this update. It simultaneously deals significant spell damage to tanks AND stops their healing in 1 inventory slot (DPSers need 2 for this). Do take note of the adjustments that HP have received in this changelog (E.g. Organic, STR attribute, DST), HP won't be as dominant as the current meta. You also said it yourself, Burst spell casters shouldn't be taking down tanks, and in fact tanks are an answer to heroes like Cyp who depend on burst takedowns to snowball. 

Star's Fury is now meant to better occupy an "Anti-INT" niche in the item shop, and Deathmask is meant to take some of the edge off of Enemy line ups with lots of physical and/or spell damage. They are better against a different type of hero altogether now.

We will revisit this issue after we publish this patch, but so far we've been testing for weeks and nothing would suggest that the tank meta in the current beta version is as dominant. We'll see how it goes.

6. We're well aware of this problem, and trust me that if it was as easy as it seems to fix it, we would've done it a long time ago. Please be patient with us on this one at least.

22 hours ago, MOTHER said:

4. Let's be honest, you can usually tell if someone is at Aeon/Levi because some of the visual and/or auditory cues that can be identified from behind the fog. A difference of 20u won't change the reality that a flare can still reveal the boss from a distance, but instead of having to stand next to your T3 tower, you can do it by standing next to your artifact. Even if they reveal your position with the new BM flare, they still need to get to you.

Astaghfirullah Bug Abuse. Reported and Deported. 

Why is hunter's hatchet a projectile? When I want to destroy a ward with it I want the LoL smite speed. Instantaneous. Kind of like how the description says. When an enemy places a ward in my face it deserves to be destroyed. Nerf the range if you need to.

Maybe I came across a bug today but I used hunter's hatchet on an enemy trusight ward and it didn't do anything. Is that intended? Is it only for regular wards?

Edited by Head

"Hatchet Toss" is a projectile because it is meant to be a tool for melee heroes to destroy wards on ward spots. Previously, there was no way a melee hero could ever destroy wards on higher elevations. Hunter's Hatchet seemed like the best candidate for an item with this function. Now that I think about it, I should extend this function to Hunter's  Knife (or did I already do that?).

It's meant to instantly destroy Sentry, Ts, and Controllers. I'll make sure it does. Thanks for the heads up. 

With the next update (about neutral), most of players will upgrade "Hunter's Hatchet" to "Eye of Narud" or "Hunter's Knife", they should have "Hatchet toss" too.

Well Hunter's Knife has "Knife Throw" which we'll just make it so that it destroys wards instantly also.

For Eye of Narud, the active summons an observer making the item a whole different beast altogether. It's a scouting tool, but it also allows you to teleport to it using Transport (not Space Gem).  I'm not sure where the function of Hatchet Toss could fit in here, or if it even needs to.

5 hours ago, Head said:

Khyrak change is so strange.  what happens if you impact dial someone while bleeding. Do they explode?

Try it on Grunty in the river. :p