Sign in to follow this  
MOTHER

AoS 7 Beta Changelog

On 19/08/2017 at 6:55 PM, MOTHER said:

Done.

The "names" are a small gesture to honor all the devs who over the years helped make AoS what it is today. :)

What about SCV and wrath?

12 minutes ago, Yaldi said:

What about SCV and wrath?

Strongest levi buff is called Primal Wrath.

SCV and Red Hydra in the works. 

7 hours ago, FRAXRider said:

Mother, do you think we can add 2 different colors for the TP (zerg/protos) ? It's confusing sometimes :)

It's possible. But can't you tell from the symbols/indicators beneath the TP effect if it is zerg or protoss teleporting in?

On ‎05‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 8:49 PM, MOTHER said:

Blue Gene* (NEW; 4750)

Components: Stabilizer

+33 Strength

+33 Agility

+33 Intelligence

[Unique - Natural Selection] Each time you get a Kill or Assist, you gain +11 Highest Attribute, stacking up to 10 times.  All stacks are lost upon death.

*This item is a side shop exclusive!

Cost of these stats is 2800   (also don't forget that expensive items should have like 10-20% bonus effectivity) 

so every stack gives  about 250-270 minerals add 

it means that item cost its money on 6-7 stacks and this is kinda not cool, so there will be tests but I pretty sure that Item needs bit buff

6 hours ago, MOTHER said:

It's possible. But can't you tell from the symbols/indicators beneath the TP effect if it is zerg or protoss teleporting in?

Indeed, I don't know if it's only about me (I think some others too) but in a middle of teamfight we can't focus on the symbol. I think color + symbol will be easier :)

@Fell

Needs a few games before we can judge; items tend to not be the sum of their parts.

If every stack is 250 minerals then we are looking at 2750 minerals for the stacks and 2800 for the base stats, that's 5550. That's almost 20% more than the total item price.

It's no where near final though and isn't difficult to tweak later on anyway.

3 hours ago, MOTHER said:

@Fell

Needs a few games before we can judge; items tend to not be the sum of their parts.

If every stack is 250 minerals then we are looking at 2750 minerals for the stacks and 2800 for the base stats, that's 5550. That's almost 20% more than the total item price.

It's no where near final though and isn't difficult to tweak later on anyway.

Photodeviator doesn't work on yourself

Blue Gene passive doesn't work - when you kill you get no stacks

also in blue gene description there is written +30 armor  - bug

Tegrablablabla   gives you spell immunity and silence but  when it ends you are still 100% spell resist for all game

Edited by AceSpade

Also     shadows passive text was changed in aos 2.0

how is it supposed to work?  I mean I just don't understand for what shadow is invisible

2 hours ago, AceSpade said:

so what about shadow?  how should his passive work? idk what it does

Shadow is invisible to radar. Meaning things like Dustin's heroic, Jakk's Spyder Ward, and Radar Kit/TS Ward cannot detect him through the fog.

11 minutes ago, MOTHER said:

Shadow is invisible to radar. Meaning things like Dustin's heroic, Jakk's Spyder Ward, and Radar Kit/TS Ward cannot detect him through the fog.

Then there is bug cause  Radar kit and  tswards and etc detect him

Just now, AceSpade said:

Then there is bug cause  Radar kit and  tswards and etc detect him

Detect if he's cloaked you mean, or detect him through the fog of war?

5 minutes ago, MOTHER said:

Detect if he's cloaked you mean, or detect him through the fog of war?

Through the fog,  I recommend you to test it cause we checked it fast  (while was teasting new items) 

but radar kit shows him in bushes and ts ward shows him everywhere

Try again in 15 minutes, Shadow should be working fine now.

Same as Tetragrammaton. Will take a closer look at Blue Gene and Photodeviator later, as I was focused on updating Dehaka after the patch.

Sup.. I just wanted to say what you could do with a new hero.. So ye we got corona its a adapt yes? You could make the skin a little different and make it a DPS hero but keep corona just name this one adapt and change skin a little bit. Just some idea's for the spells, Q could have a range on it i don't know how much but yes.. its E could have the same type of spell of the real adapt as it goes cloak and gains movement speed for a short time you can decide how long and all that this might be a little to OP but add with the q when you click it you can not take dmg... alt should be like warp type thing you can tp a enemy to you if he is in a radias. Idk i was just thinking of new dps hero idea :D

The number of unused unique models is quite big, I am personally not a fan of reusing assets of heroes and have worked towards making heroes remain as unique as possible. 

So if we get a new dps hero, it's unlikely it will use the same model as an existing hero. 

Besides, It's been Artanis > Alarak > Karax. Zerg need love! 

6 hours ago, MOTHER said:

The number of unused unique models is quite big, I am personally not a fan of reusing assets of heroes and have worked towards making heroes remain as unique as possible. 

So if we get a new dps hero, it's unlikely it will use the same model as an existing hero. 

Besides, It's been Artanis > Alarak > Karax. Zerg need love! 

Is not possible to use the skins of some Warcraft 3 heroes ? Ive played the map "X hero siege" these days on Sc2, and the skins are used, exemple : warden, lich, huntress, grunt etc.. I can show you the map if you want :)

Oh I've seen them in the editor, but we haven't added the WC3 dependencies to our map because: 

1- SC2 assets are so damn many, and continue to grow thanks to updates.

2- we already have a lot of dependencies in AOS. Adding more risks slowing down the game and increasing load times.

I've considered trying find and import skins for Grunty and Cow from there though. Not sure if there are any but I'll investigate. If there is something worth importing I'll find a way to reel it in. :)