KinGofDaBerG

The Masters Tournament l Come One and All l Registration Now Open

First of all I kinda like the whole idea and it might brings a new charm to the game.

The only problem that I'am thinking of is this:

If the teams for the 6th May are NOT made before the whole tournament begins people simply wouldn't be willing to be in the same team with the one whos got the most points after the first two matches.

If, for example, John would have 15 points and Zera 12, he would potentially steal his first place if they are on the same team for the last match.

Hopefully you got my point of view.

Big thanks to the people creating the tournament, lets hope this will bring some live in the community.

hopefully

If this does happen then it happens and the if Johns team with Zera wins the last tournament John would take first prize and it would align cause then John would have won each tournament. I might introduce opportunity point for perform key functions/roles as bonus point, but still debating this.

Anyway some problems I can see: What happens if you have for example 27 players in first week. What are the 7 players gonna do?

Second week I would actually like to see a new map made. Why? Cuz u start with 3k with leaver buff and idk if the current mid is ideal for this.

Edit: One more question about second week, will you actually know what hero your enemy is before game starts?

Seeing what possible on the 1v1, not sure a 1v1 map is possible. If it does not happen, then we will work within the parameters on what the game allows.

Regarding week 1, we will make a plan, if numbers don't align. The first week is just for new and old players to meet and play together.

Yes you will know what hero your enemy is the ref will declare it.

It will be impossible to play with the way it works now. Ideally there should be a new map with 1 lane made for this with also x amount of starting minerals you think should be and without leaver buff. Altho idk how hard would it be to make this, jessika adam?

Btw looking foward to this! I think it might even get more ppl to play from pub scene

Edited by ZERATUL

First of all, I would like to say thank you African for organising such an event and that you are willing to put in so much for some of us scrubs as well as the ideas that you have come up with. But I have some issues I would like to talk about.

For the first day, I don't see the reason behind this, I don't find it fair how, you are getting placed in a team, based on your skill level by moderators. The main problem is, in tournaments, teams are made by people that: coordinate well with each other, enjoy playing with each other and there are several other factors that make these teams. The idea is creative and I see what you are trying to achieve but it's not fair on some people. I mean look at it this way, some people (not mentioning any names) dislike playing with a lot of people, once again due to a lot of different reasons which will most likely make them play worse because of the people they are playing with, automatically makes it harder to earn these 'points' to become the master player. I'll take myself for example, I play with the team I play because they know my types of play style and I know theirs so it makes it easier for us to win games whereas when you are getting placed into a random team which has no pre-tourney experience of playing together it will just make games less fun to watch because of the, lack of communication, team play etc. Another issue with this is whether you end up with a nice number of people, like what do you do when there are 27 players (Zera used my example last night), there will always be a team not playing and 2 players that do what exactly? This is why I don't like this idea, technically speaking they are inhouse games put together by 5 people trying to make teams balanced?

Secondly, this whole 1v1 thing is really shap like literally, sorry to say this but I don't know what sort of thought process went into this. AOS is far less developed than LoL and Dota which have specific maps for these types of match ups. My first point is that you start with 3k minerals or some shap like that, this is so unbalanced just think of what heroes such as maar can do with that money, not to mention the 20% buff, they can just get sustain items and sit at the tower, spamming skills until they get '100 creep' without having to engage to the enemy. This has nothing to do with player skill as my nan can flobing sit there pressing w on wave without enemy being able to do anything, because lets be honest how to you stop maar from farming with the damage he can do with 20% buff and 3k minerals. If that wasn't enough, people will just stop playing inhouse and just play pubs instead to find hero that can just win mid lane against anything and not tell anyone about it. And practising for these 1v1's will just give away player play styles. With the sort of game that AOS is this 1v1 thing is impossible unless the mods somehow manage to produce a new mode for the 1v1 thing you want to do. This has nothing to do with player skill because the amount of damage heroes can do in this game is far more superior than in other moba's.

The third day is probably the more legit day as it actually has the layout of a normal tournament, but look again. Lets say one player has 8 points after first 2 rounds and another player has 5 points after first 2 rounds and are both on the same team, why would the guy with 5 points want to play with the guy with 8 points ? It just doesn't seem logical to me as everyone will be playing for themselves making games extremely shap to watch due to lack of team play. Every single person on that team will be going for the $1000 cash prize which is obvious so they won't want to slim their chances playing with players that have more points with them, am I right ? Another thing is what happens when two people end up with the same amount of points and finish in first place?

I would like to say thanks for the effort, but I won't be participating unless this is changed. And if you're argument is that I should have made a tournament myself then I will tell you that you promised to make the biggest tournament that AOS has ever seen, and this will be far from it. I don't see many people coming back to something like this as to if the tournament was in a normal set up. The amount of people you will get for this tournament will be very slim, and as I said previously, thanks for the effort and maybe I will take my words back if it all goes well for you. But this whole individual prize thing will just make the game even more of a dick size competition than it already was. Forgot to mention how this eliminates players with lower abilities even more because you can't prepare for such tournaments such as this for AOS, whereas in a normal one they can at least gather a team and play stacked pubs or vs normal inhousers to work on their team play and coordination. Also please correct me if I misunderstood what your rules are for each stage.

Edited by Aiur

Kinda agree with auir, I will be playing btw, but I feel like the way this is set up everyone will want a carry and its all about the points not team play. Moderators are picking based on skill level THEY DEEM but when captains pick teams the all have different grade for each person. Everyone plays better with certain people, Zera with fighter, Drex with his lover boy me and atom(if its a threesome). I feel like could do this for like small tournament before a standard one we always have. I don't think people will come back for this the way it stands but if its a standard one with these prizes we will see some boost :D

Edit: Also the way this is set up EU with have an advantage since this can not be on both servers (no best of).

Servers also have baring on how I rate players, someone who I would first pick on eu I wouldn't on NA, for instance I would pick apache on NA over john on EU, people cant play certain heroes on different servers or they cant well, mainly skill shots.

Edited by BlackXioN

I'm glad someone agreed with me but I would also like to address that if you are planning to make a tournament like this one, there should be a smaller one before hand with the same sort of layout because you don't know how its going to work out. And with the sort of prize pool available you want a very legit tournament because I don't see anything bigger happening in the near future as this game is losing players on the daily.

#teamaiur

I also cant be bothered with making a 1v1 map now; AoS 7.0 (or is it 8) is the more important map now.

Cant you make a copy of the map without leaver bonus quite easily?

Then as soon as game starts people are required to buy x items put em down in pool and destroy em to give them a predefined amount of minerals.

A simpler solution would probably be to create a command that removes leaver bonus or something along these lines, than reupload a version of the map that is for the tournament.

(Or see Aiur and Black's posts)

I can use the same map and in a few mins, change the teams, destroy towers other than mid lane, make creeps only spawn mid, remove leaver bonus, make starting gold 650, adjust the periodic income. I could maybe even add patching blockers so you can only go mid lane. And then just upload it as AoS 1v1

Oh and forgot about my registration...

-
In-game name: MOTHER

-
Preferred role:
Queen
Support

-
Team/Individual: Single/Last pick

I can use the same map and in a few mins, change the teams, destroy towers other than mid lane, make creeps only spawn mid, remove leaver bonus, make starting gold 650, adjust the periodic income. I could maybe even add patching blockers so you can only go mid lane. And then just upload it as AoS 1v1

a83328b6fb83e6ea8d647c72f0a30076437b7b9eb736bb8fdb0058695dc26045.jpg

I'd like to start by thanking for another great tournament Africa ( and obviously others who's contributing in one way or another).

Having that said I agree with most of the points that people has pointed out.

For the Gangsta's vs Rebels:

Pros: There won't be stacked teams (assuming that whoever makes the teams knows whats up)

Cons: This won't "mode" won't be attractive to our less active people, basically people who you mentioned on the requirement list to show. The main reason people will return is to play friends and have fun.

For the "1 vs 1" mode:

Pros: Could be fun a bit random / luck based on hero picks, and having a good knowledge about your opponent should increase your chances.

Cons: Again this is something that will be less attractive to some people.

For the "normal tourney"

Not much to say about this, this is the main reason people came back for your previous tourney was to play with friends and have fun. There's less active players now so more old people to "convince to coming back". This is probably what would get them to participate.

I would probably suggest to make the different tourneys separated from each other for several reasons:

1) If you can't participate on all 3 days you won't have any chance of winning anything reallyl. Surely you can still enjoy participating.

2) Will be less of a dick measuring contest, will be less frustration / rage / BM / complains playing with random people knowing that "That one noob lost you the entire chance of winning".

3) You can "choose" what parts you want to participate in. If you are not super active and the main reason you are back is to play with old friends you probably and you probably won't be very interesting to play in the first 2 "stages".

4) You can still win something even if you don't join a super stacked team. Any player can be on the winning team of gangsta vs rebels, and the 1 vs 1 is pretty open too since it's a bit random.

Edited by John

So I am going to say this in most respectful way I can as most of the senior players in the current game are the ones commenting: The tournament format is not up for debate, I am happy to discuss outside this thread on improving certain rules, however the format will not change.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and if the format does not work for you, no one will hold it against you if you do not join. To be honest it would probably be better as the tournament is geared to rather bringing people back to the game (including any new pub players) as people may have noticed the number of players are dwindling into oblivion and ultimately we need people who are willing to play outside their comfort zone and attempt to lead new players in particular to day1.

And look, if this doesn't work then in the end of the day, we can always try something else, or alternatively, someone else can host a tournament more suitable to the requirements of the community.

I am happy for anyone to message me personally to discuss the rationale and logic behind the format however this is how we will be proceeding. As I responded to Zeratul's post, I will be considering additional points for mini challenges to assist in the issue of people being in the same team as a team member who may have more points at day 3.

Please can we keep on topic and only people who want to register please post in the thread accordingly.

Thanks.

Tournament is held on NA east server?

We will most likely alter between servers to keep as fair as possible, and attempt to put same server teams when randomizing, against each other is possible depending on teams.

Edited by JustSAfrican

So I am going to say this in most respectful way I can as most of the senior players in the current game are the ones commenting: The tournament format is not up for debate, I am happy to discuss outside this thread on improving certain rules, however the format will not change.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and if the format does not work for you, no one will hold it against you if you do not join. To be honest it would probably be better as the tournament is geared to rather bringing people back to the game (including any new pub players) as people may have noticed the number of players are dwindling into oblivion and ultimately we need people who are willing to play outside their comfort zone and attempt to lead new players in particular to day1.

And look, if this doesn't work then in the end of the day, we can always try something else, or alternatively, someone else can host a tournament more suitable to the requirements of the community.

I am happy for anyone to message me personally to discuss the rationale and logic behind the format however this is how we will be proceeding. As I responded to Zeratul's post, I will be considering additional points for mini challenges to assist in the issue of people being in the same team as a team member who may have more points at day 3.

Please can we keep on topic and only people who want to register please post in the thread accordingly.

Thanks.

Hard to argue there. Respect.

Goodluck everyone, this will FABULOUS <3

Gonna post a team soon, meanwhile I think we should discuss if there should be auto bans, this should be looked for each week differently cuz the formats are different.

I would first want to ask african/mods to make it so if both captains agree on X hero to be auto that it can't be done. I think instead of thinking something against certain heroes people just auto them which makes every game same and boring, ofcourse I'm not talking about extreme cases where heroes are OP as flob.

Anyway about 1p rule that almost nobody uses anymore but keeps comming back for absolutely no reason http://www.aeonofstorms.com/index.php?/topic/9332-question/

First day, This is all on mods to make balanced teams depending on that games will be like normal inhouse or pub. In both cases I don't think thers any hero thats so op now that should be auto, altho I guess some snowball heroes as grunty might be op.

Third day definitely no autobans, its premade teams no need to explain this any further.

Second day is definitely gonna need some autos. Since I'm guessing Adam will remove leaver buff and put starting minerals on 650 I'll talk about that scenario. So first hero that comes to my mind is definitely tosh and everyone knows why. Axiom might also turn to be way too strong here, immortal also. Probobly missed some.

I saw lot of ppl say queen would be OP. I don't agree at all. Queen has no no good wave clear till atleast level 5, on level 7 it becomes broke unless enemy has overlord.

summers will be strong alone with maar, zera leaving out his hero :) I dont think there should be autos as long as both people get the same hero, and the mods pick the hero.

The tournament format is not up for debate, I am happy to discuss outside this thread on improving certain rules, however the format will not change.

I agree with what Aiur and John said. This format looks pretty ambitious, but given the fact that AoS is way past its prime, a single 5v5 mode played over 1-2 days would have more chances of drawing enough players. Still wish you the best of luck setting this up...