Sign in to follow this  
Adamantium

Changelog v1.358-1.364

Maybe I just don't get how it works, but pretty sure Darpa ult doesen't have reduced cd

Should've nerfed nova Q instead in my opinion

I don't like rory skin at all(as a model). Not even gonna talk about how he doesent have animations on E, rest of abilitys have same animations as when you AA, which is very sad.

Shadow skin looks rly awesome, but: He doesen't have a portrait; apparently he can't be seen on minimap by enemies(can't comfirm if this is actually true); name of the player is kinda in a wrong spot, I mean its like over the hero instead of above; his clickbox is MUCH smaller than the original one, impossible to click on. Vortex animation needs to be improved, People dont even get sucked in completely, they can still be seen.

Toxi alt also no cast(What I mean is hero makes no movements when he uses some ability, you can see the actually Q) animations...Not sure if he has one on AA, but hero seems to just be standing in place, not making any movements at all while using abilities...And why the flob is toxi alt skin a flobing DRONE LOL

Erecul original model changes colours depending on players ingame color.

Greelus instead of fixing model(changing it), you added alt skin that also doesen't point you in any way in which direction you are going(cuz of dial)

I don't like marouder neutral changes, simply cuz cyclones don't slow in real game lol, marouders are the only unit that has that ability, thers a reason why they were put there, cyclones make no sense. And then again you have raynors marouders that were change to marines... with a slow, makes no sense at all.

Ereculs(alt) AA animation is wrong. When you attack thers a lighting but his hands move like 0.5 seconds later so it just looks rly strange.

Shadow also seems to have some cicrcle like some kind of indicator around him.

One more I missed last patch: Psionic alt is very bad. Why would you make it some X unit changes to Y unit, in this case mothership core changes to discruptor.. This is same as if you made zergling have an alt hydralisk. Basicly took away 1 unit to be a potential hero.

No offense, but most of these skin changes seem to be done in like 30 seconds, considering few of them don't even have animations on abilitys. Not sure whats the need for a rush, this and last few patches skins seem to be very rushed just so every hero has an alt, no mather how bad it is.

I don't see why do unique characters need an alt skin unless there is one already in editor. Atm this is refered to rory, but in future probobly for alarak artanis etc

Edited by ZERATUL

I don't rly care too much that animations are same(ofcourse its better if some of them were changed instead of making 30 skins) but I care if for example rory E doesen't have a cast animation or how toxi has no animations

Agree with zera. With that being said I, and I'm sure others don't want to come across as ungrateful for all the attention the devs have been showing this game. It's appreciated, as tweaking gameplay and aesthetics are pleasing, that help to keep the game fresh and new to some degree. However I do feel that changes are great in moderation, but when there are mass changes you run the risk of the game losing it's identity which is dangerous.

We can all agree that there have been times where this game has felt like it really got to the point of dying... only by some miracle and dedication it's brought back from the brink, and other times (currently) there are so many changes it's overwhelming, and can feel rushed. I propose we find something in the middle ... what that middle is... I am not sure, but lets find it.

Skins are works in progress. This was established in the beginning. They are being adjusted through a series of trial and error. Alt is also short for alternate. Feel free to enjoy the default skins if the secondary skin doesn't appeal to you at the moment.

@Zera

Rory - All Rory's spell animations but molotov use the attack animation, which uses spell. The alt does not have a 'spell' animation for molotov. But will have another an animation in the databanks restored in its place. Rory's base model is a marauder by the way.

Shadow - Shadow doesn't have a portrait intentionally. I don't know anything about him not appearing on the minimap, but I will check.

Toxi - The alt - like the previous one - is an experiment and needs work. The fact that the alt is a drone model in SC2 melee is irrelevant.

Cyclones - What cyclones are in SC2 melee is irrelevant. It's a model, and it can be repurposed and reimagined as we please. Same goes for Psionic and Raynor's Raiders. I can't believe I have to spell this out quite frankly.

Suggesting that the process of changing skins is '30 seconds' only reflects your ignorance of the editor. But really you just want something to complain about Zera.

@DC

A big reason why changes happen quickly right now is because there is a little more time to spare and I don't have the luxury of testing all these changes in a proper gameplay setting. The game wasn't updated for more than 6 months last year, so playing catch up is part of the reason too. I'd say enjoy it while it lasts. I don't see how aesthetic changes, especially alternate ones, are dangerous. A little dramatic don't you think?

Lol I know you can do with units whatever you want I just didn't know we are moving away from sc2. Thanks for clarifying that.

What do you mean its irrelevant what they are in SC melee? You are aware you are using completely different units for an alt skin? What this means is we can expect in the future a probe skin for alarak? Even tho this sounds ridic its same as changing psionic.

"I don't see how aesthetic changes, especially alternate ones, are dangerous. A little dramatic don't you think?"

As I already said I don't rly care much what models you use for alt skins(altho I will say I like/don't like them) I care when alt skins impact gameplay.

Do you actually think I meant "30 seconds"... I just find it strange how thers no animation on rory E and same animations for AA, Q, W and R and you say its not rushed?

I don't just want to complain lol. All I wrote in above post is legit and true, if you don't trust me go in test game and see.

Edit: Mb its just me, but I don't like the fact shadow alt doesen't have a portrait. Altho it seems it will be autobanned cuz of clickbox so probobly can only use it in pubs.

Also can we do something about unix clickbox when he is burrowed?? Its just ridic almost impossible to click on. As I know in sc multiplayer clickbox is normal.

Edited by ZERATUL

I am well of aware of Rory E before the map was published and made it clear that I am going to restore an unused animation for it. Default Rory uses the same animations for AA, Q, W, and R - Why weren't you complaining then?

Using different units as alt skins has precedence. It can be practical, resourceful, and fluid. A probe skin for Alarak is none of those things. Please think twice before you put such comparisons into writing.

Shadow alt's clickbox is a bug, and pretty much the only thing you mentioned that I was not aware of before this patch was published. It will be fixed.

You are free to like and dislike aesthetic choices. Ones that objectively impact the game negatively will be adjusted, changed, or removed.

Also,

"Lol I know you can do with units whatever you want I just didn't know we are moving away from sc2. Thanks for clarifying that. "

^ That's what you read? Wow.

"What cyclones are in SC2 melee is irrelevant. It's a model, and it can be repurposed and reimagined as we please"

Yes thats what I read, am I wrong?

Also the fact you say you knew almost all the things I wrote makes it even worse..

Edited by ZERATUL

Hey dropping in with a couple observations:

Seems your pulling gold generation from lots of active sources (creeps, Aeon, kills). Would watch to make sure stacking gp5 items doesn't suddenly become the correct way to play - the game feels very sterile and actions become meaningless in that world.

Pay attention to your quality bar! Don't release content half baked or incomplete - it looks really bad and drives away players.

Think about the new player experience! Are your changes going to make the game extremely difficult for a newbie to pick up? Are you doing due diligence that your new skins still clearly read as the same champion? Also you mention earlier wanting to remove safe neutral camps - think about what a player is supposed to do when he can't go to lane without getting dove and killed - how can you ensure this player still has an action to take that can at least be somewhat engaging.

I haven't played so a lot of these are just questions I have after reading this thread.

Hey dropping in with a couple observations:

Seems your pulling gold generation from lots of active sources (creeps, Aeon, kills). Would watch to make sure stacking gp5 items doesn't suddenly become the correct way to play - the game feels very sterile and actions become meaningless in that world.

Pay attention to your quality bar! Don't release content half baked or incomplete - it looks really bad and drives away players.

Think about the new player experience! Are your changes going to make the game extremely difficult for a newbie to pick up?

I thought there is less gold all around now because of the creep nerfs. But I agree with the gist of what you are saying.

Absolutely. I think we would benefit from releasing patches less randomly, like every 2-4 weeks rather than every few days to a week. It will definitely give more time for ideas to mature and would give more time to accurately gauge balance.

The pubs and newbies are always on my mind. <3

"What cyclones are in SC2 melee is irrelevant. It's a model, and it can be repurposed and reimagined as we please"

"The fact that the alt is a drone model in SC2 melee is irrelevant"

Yes thats what I read, am I wrong?

Also the fact you say you knew almost all the things I wrote makes it even worse..

Yes, you read that completely wrong. You think SC2 has a ground unit Toximancer? Or a Dragon? Or a Hybrid that grows and tosses? Or an Oracle with an array of spell damage? Or a hovering tempest? No. Use your imagination. A drone model can be repurposed into anything.

No it doesn't. I don't control when the maps are actually released. But this is besides the point. The live version of the game is a work in progress in many ways functioning as a testing ground and a source of feedback.

Thank you for your feedback, it's always appreciated but do me a favor and spare me your judgment.

You don't seem to get it again

I am refering only to the marouders changes. Don't you think since they already have a slow in original sc it would make more sense and easier for newbies to get? Infact I think they are the only units that have a slow in SC and are pretty unique for it. I don't see why would you make cyclones instead, not all things need a model change.

Edit for the drone was a mistake, that one falls in the category of why change unit completely with an alt skin.

Edited by ZERATUL

The only thing about the new shadow is like zera said with phase cloak it can be see(except on mini map) I also noticed it is a lot harder to click on, I don't know if anything else was changed about this but when he played it in a ih yesterday everyone agreed on out team that they couldn't hit it and to change it back.

The only thing about the new shadow is like zera said with phase cloak it can be see(except on mini map) I also noticed it is a lot harder to click on, I don't know if anything else was changed about this but when he played it in a ih yesterday everyone agreed on out team that they couldn't hit it and to change it back.

I'll look into this further. Thank you Black.

We can all agree that there have been times where this game has felt like it really got to the point of dying... only by some miracle and dedication it's brought back from the brink, and other times (currently) there are so many changes it's overwhelming, and can feel rushed.

I don't think I'm being dramatic, I think what I've said is fair.

Edited by DreamCrusher

We can all agree that there have been times where this game has felt like it really got to the point of dying... only by some miracle and dedication it's brought back from the brink, and other times (currently) there are so many changes it's overwhelming, and can feel rushed.

I don't think I'm being dramatic, I think what I've said is fair.

Overall what you said is indeed fair. I was referring to the statement that aesthetic changes being dangerous as a dramatic point to make.

But as I said earlier in this post, the game is being patched on a weekly or bi-weekly basis sometimes, it's like an open beta because we do not have the luxury of beta testing as easily as we used to. Many of the changes are also minor buffs/nerfs or intended to be purely cosmetic. It's not like we are changing the terrain, or talent system, or adding a draft mode - such changes, which are truly dramatic, would require extensive beta testing before going live.

Patching in an alt skin in development to get feedback on it isn't what I call dramatic, or even rushed. Shad's skin for example, was causing crashes and I attempt to fix and update Syrus's design (which worked). Since I usually test this stuff on my own, stuff like Shad's hitbox isn't something that becomes immediately apparent to me. In fact, I don't think I would've caught it ever by testing the skin on my own.

I have no qualms with updating the live game once a month, so that some don't feel the game is "rushed". But pretty sure people would complain about updates being too slow then.

There is definitely a damned if you do, and damned if you don't trend going on here to be frank.

some of the skins seem pretty unrecognizable as the original character namely the toxi skin turning it into a drone and the rory skin turning it into a normal marauder. also some skins just seem visually distracting namely the nova skins where shes just flying around and the psionic skin where its constantly twirling around. skins are fun, and i think we all appreciate the effort, but when they cause in game issues it seems like a little bit of a problem. also whales kerrigan skin is the worst of them all.

Overall what you said is indeed fair. I was referring to the statement that aesthetic changes being dangerous as a dramatic point to make.

But as I said earlier in this post, the game is being patched on a weekly or bi-weekly basis sometimes, it's like an open beta because we do not have the luxury of beta testing as easily as we used to. Many of the changes are also minor buffs/nerfs or intended to be purely cosmetic. It's not like we are changing the terrain, or talent system, or adding a draft mode - such changes, which are truly dramatic, would require extensive beta testing before going live.

Patching in an alt skin in development to get feedback on it isn't what I call dramatic, or even rushed. Shad's skin for example, was causing crashes and I attempt to fix and update Syrus's design (which worked). Since I usually test this stuff on my own, stuff like Shad's hitbox isn't something that becomes immediately apparent to me. In fact, I don't think I would've caught it ever by testing the skin on my own.

I have no qualms with updating the live game once a month, so that some don't feel the game is "rushed". But pretty sure people would complain about updates being too slow then.

There is definitely a damned if you do, and damned if you don't trend going on here to be frank.

I don't disagree with your premise here, however I do feel that the more time you spend with this game and community, you'll start to realize there are some who criticize no matter what, and some who provide feedback both positive and negative that you should take it as them working with you for the overall improvement of the game. It may come across as damned if you do damned if you don't but in reality the final decision comes down to adam and you so it's just ppl making suggestions and you guys having the final say.