Sign in to follow this  
KinGofDaBerG

Current issues plaguing AOS - Discussion

So I've been back for a couple of weeks currently, prior to this I had been playing LOL very casually however from playing AOS a couple of glaring issues are evident: I am going to try summarize these as best as I can:

Lack of a pub scene on EU - the core EU group really should be attempting to fix this, as the EU scene is really becoming very isolated I would suggest that If there are 15 strong players playing inn that potentially a 4v4 should be created and opened to pub, if new player joins they should be explained the game rather then bm-ed into oblivion. NA pubs tend to be much better at this.

Talents, they really do need an update to bring something new and fresh to the game and at least please reinstate flash oh my flob!

Game length, I have thought about it and I do believe it is because creeps do not push, therefore if you don't manage creep flow, it doesn't really matter in this game. I do believe it this is one of the reasons why games of AOS always are plus an hour

Dedicated roles - in particular to jungle and items that support this. Supports don't truely shine in this game, which is sad because they have such value.

WTF is up with last hitting in particular with heroes who are ranged, that pew pew moves far too slowly through the air. It really does make particular heroes like grungy monsters in lane.

Again these are purely my opinion so don't rage and let's have a meaningful discussion...

So DISCUSS...

1) I mean I agree but I don't think this will ever happen

2)Completely agree with talents, not only are current ones rusty but also unbalanced and stupid. Can easily get all good stats on one hero. I prefer if there was like 20 points in each tree.

3) Game time has been reduced with every patch, but I still think its too long. In my opinion super creeps need to get dmg increased a lot. For example, when you kill only 1 rax creeps will NEVER finish the game, with 2 its possible but still hard. Didn't play league in a while, but dont super creeps there deal like 400 dmg? In AoS it scales up sooo slow and its capped at 210..

4) I don't agree we lack support items, heroes yes. For jungle eye of narud needs to get reworked so it has an active that does X dmg to creeps/bosses.

5)Instant AA used to be very stupid in my opinion. Anyway I don't agree with you here, top tier players always have around 100 cs in like 13 minutes(aos time) which is pretty good. Grunty is a story for himself, altho according to john its "fine"

Edited by ZERATUL

So I've been back for a couple of weeks currently, prior to this I had been playing LOL very casually however from playing AOS a couple of glaring issues are evident: I am going to try summarize these as best as I can:

Lack of a pub scene on EU - the core EU group really should be attempting to fix this, as the EU scene is really becoming very isolated I would suggest that If there are 15 strong players playing inn that potentially a 4v4 should be created and opened to pub, if new player joins they should be explained the game rather then bm-ed into oblivion. NA pubs tend to be much better at this.

Talents, they really do need an update to bring something new and fresh to the game and at least please reinstate flash oh my flob!

Game length, I have thought about it and I do believe it is because creeps do not push, therefore if you don't manage creep flow, it doesn't really matter in this game. I do believe it this is one of the reasons why games of AOS always are plus an hour

Dedicated roles - in particular to jungle and items that support this. Supports don't truely shine in this game, which is sad because they have such value.

WTF is up with last hitting in particular with heroes who are ranged, that pew pew moves far too slowly through the air. It really does make particular heroes like grungy monsters in lane.

Again these are purely my opinion so don't rage and let's have a meaningful discussion...

So DISCUSS...

1- Absorbing what's left into the EU IH scene would be more efficient, but would require more effort and a more inviting approach. In terms of pubs, NA is where it's at, and you're probably better off playing there than fighting a losing battle at EU pubs.

2- Absolutely.

3- Increase attack damage of Super Creeps. Or, make it like DotA, where if you destroy rax in all lanes, the creeps become Mega and can deal a flob ton of damage. For AoS, this translates to destroying 1 rack in each lane and the super creeps receiving a massive damage boost that lasts as long as 3 rax are down simultaneously.

4- Absolutely. We lack true support heroes (Only Medic) more so than items, and we need to refine our existing jungle items.

5- Instant AA should be limited to melee or near-melee heroes IMO. Grunty's AA could have its attack range reduced if it is truly problematic (I haven't noticed recently), but he gets a range bonus from HP and Q.

How about the fact that all IH are on EU even though half the people playing are NA, When we go to NA to ih, even in the middle of the day and this is in the past to when the IH scene was more active, most EU rage leave because they dont wanna play with delay.....even though most NA playing with 130-180 ping and poor drex plays with 400....

Correction DREX plays with 400-2000 ping

Also from research when we play on NA east most EU have about 80-100 which is still 10xbetter than NA people have on EU especially people who live in central or west

Edited by BlackXioN

How about we practise good old fashioned segregation. Make EU great again and kick all the illegal 'muricans back to their NA server.I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our NA border, and I will make 'Murica pay for that wall. Mark my words.

For talents come up with a design then if is interesting me or Adam will implement it. I doubt that Adam would change it if nothing is provided

How about we practise good old fashioned segregation. Make EU great again and kick all the illegal 'muricans back to their NA server.I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our NA border, and I will make 'Murica pay for that wall. Mark my words.

Make (South) Africa pay and u got my vote.

I will build a great, great wall on our NA border, and I will make 'Murica pay for that wall.

On NA border? Donald Trump confirmed?

So DISCUSS...

Games have always been too long. Are the ramps to high ground still tiny? Base tower still do tons of damage? Edited by ginosaji

Games have always been too long. Are the ramps to high ground still tiny? Base tower still do tons of damage?

Nope, Nope. Welcome back though! :D

So DISCUSS...

When i made long time ago an argue about aos flobbing game lenght i was shapted on. Long story short i got an answer that its actually good, its better, people prefer it that way. 1h++++ games > 2-3 games. Especially from NA. (not suprising when people need 1 hour + to arrange and get some game going, which is absolutly insane)

Increasing game lenght (that also doesnt help not lagging in current game engine) was one of the reasons i left. It was so much talked about i dont think i need to repeat it. Quantity-lower required skill lvl to play game, lower punish aspects, feeling of not losing the game ever > quality. It is clearly showed after time in majority of games industry. I don't even know why AoS didn't become already "Never ever ending game ever". It would need still need to be renamed tho to "aeon of might and magic" and implement saving mechanism (propably thats why it didnt come out).

TL:DR PJSalt 200% just because bored

Saymyname I was expecting a long answer ;) come on get inspire putita and write something long! For that old times.