Sign in to follow this  
MOTHER

Winner Stays On IHs

I miss the days of Highdrater and Black PMing their entire friend lists for IH players.

The Axis clan was the worst lol, as far as I can remember they would only pick Axis players, or they had some rule that X amount of players had to be Axis.

Ah yes, non-Axis members hated Axis lol. Certainly bad for the community but fun for the members. We had some internal clan point or ranking system that we could only gain points toward if there were so many Axis members in games, but we also had nights of exclusive clan IH's where I thought we rotated through (clan)players who hadn't played. There were so many players back then...

Edited by Jaysi

^^^ What Yaldi said here in regards to NA pubs is very true, we often have 2 games of NA pubs or more going and I'm sure several of the players would be happy to do IH. Even if they weren't the best players the upside of having another IH going would out way that, but idk not being an Inhouser myself.

Frankly I agree with most of soed's points on this subject. I feel like this suggestion, while well intended, would much more likely lead to more try-harding and one set of people playing over everyone else which in as small of a group as we have would only lead to people quitting (myself for example. If I wanted tryhard toxic mentality I would stick to only playing ranked). If your intention is to grow the community there's one sure-fire way to do it (which requires a lot of effort) and one probable way to do it (little to no effort).

The first way is to port the game to dota as I have suggested 300000 times (without actually taking steps myself, so I'm not trying to point fingers here. Just saying) before. Aside from an easy playerbase increase, a lot of sc2-based issues would be resolved.

The second way is to actively hunt and recruit pubbers for "lower-tier inhouses" cuz there's like 16+ people in the primary lobby at times. There's several ways to go about this, all of them requiring the input of every one of us. When you play pubs, keep an eye out for players with potential (skill or personality-wise) and talk to them about the Church of INHAUS. Higher tier players will have to be patient and accept "awful" games and losses (because let's face it, nobody's going to get better if it's just the bottom tier players who still have things to learn themselves in with the new recruits). People will actually have to be patient and calm when "newbs" make classic or even idiotic mistakes and focus on helping them learn. Perhaps if we tell them what they could do better instead of calling them retarded flobs or sounding condescending they will enjoy the learning process and the inhouses and stick around.

Edited by LameDude

IH community in NA always been very friendly and most of their players had a chance.

In the other side yeah EU always try hard and you always going to see the same 10-15 playing all the 3 IH's.

That winner mode isn't that bad the only con would be the last 5 players haven't been picked may made a very weak team. Very hard to decide, but if you want a fair games and let others play. Let some NA putita organise it.

IH community in NA always been very friendly and most of their players had a chance.

In the other side yeah EU always try hard and you always going to see the same 10-15 playing all the 3 IH's.

That winner mode isn't that bad the only con would be the last 5 players haven't been picked may made a very weak team. Very hard to decide, but if you want a fair games and let others play. Let some NA putita organise it.

During WSO, the winning team won't remain as a team during the next round. There would be another draft and the 10 players, winners and losers would likely find themselves in different teams. You'd always get a shuffle of players, because it is the winning players individually that stay on. The idea of WSO is lighthearted. It's not meant to make people fiercely competitive, it's meant to make sure everyone always gets a chance to play. Given some of the attitudes expressed, I don't think any of this matters anymore though.

With a few notable exceptions I will have to agree with you. NA has always been friendly and welcoming. Even now, it's usually the NA players who give away their spots (shout out to EYO/Yaldi/John though). I mean Apache has gone out of his way time and time again just to make sure everyone plays. I rarely see anyone else take the initiative he does. I'm not trying to make this into an EU/NA thing cuz god knows I love my European friends, but I don't recall this ever being an issue back in the day during NA inhouses, and back then there was 2-3 times the current players.

For the record, I never said that my suggestion was perfect, nor did I say that it should be imposed on others. I said we should try something different and maybe something could come out of it. Believe it or not, not everyone can spend 5 hours or more a day playing AoS, and the waiting can be daunting, and you still won't get picked maybe. What's happening now is basically 7-8 players are in every game, and 1-3 may manage a turn. Depending on how people "feel" or if you have gentlemen like Apache or Adam pressing for it.

From the get go I wanted to improve the game for everyone, in particular I was pushing to cater more to pub scene (like unlocking the skins for everyone), away from some of the unspoken elitism of the old guard ihers (many of whom probably believe this game is solely catering to them). Such notions as "you wanna get picked, get better" are somewhat absurd in 2017. How can you get better if you don't have the chance to play challenging games? Some of the current IHers have YEARS under their belt, no one is going to catch up with them. AoS will be long dead before that. Believe it or not, people just want to have fun and get a chance to have quality fun with others.

If you really wanna invest time in being competitive, I am telling you there are tens of other games with thriving competitive communities more worthy of an investment of time if that's what you are into. Go to them. Personally, the only game I ever took seriously is the Street Fighter series which I have been playing for more than 2 decades. That's my preferred flavor of competition. I just enjoy mobas because I love RTS games.

I was a lot more hopeful a couple of weeks ago that something better could come out of this resurgence. You have people like Shar generously taking the time out of his life to make videos of our ihs in hopes of the sparking interest of others. It was quite inspiring to see people still care. But what will these new players come to when you have attitudes like Soed greeting them? Maybe they'll get a game or two, but I doubt they'll come back in the current IH climate. And those who came, did not come back again.

For time being, I'll go back to minding my own business in NA and work on the game when I can.

I also don't think this topic is relevant anymore so I'm gonna go ahead and close it. Peace.