KinGofDaBerG

Challenge to the AOS community golden oldies and new

yeah, i'm saying he was pretty good. a contender vs Fidey if you will.

prozac was never actually good. I came in 6.0 and stomped everyone with my then-gold league skills until Dropdon and Ascension joined.

I think you're overselling him, regardless of his gangstaness.

Several players in EU community were better than chob, when he was playing, imo. John, Shab, dohgg, myself and several others - named people just for point of reference. He grew into his own moreso after leaving AoS and joining DotA 2.

In other words if chob was equal to FideY, and he was the best of NA, we can conclude that EU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NA.

Eh as a whole EU players stick around longer. I don't think any NA team at any set given time could compete with John plus 4. But overall I think NA has had more great players than EU.

I might have misremembered, was it chob or shab whose grunty stole two Levi's to beat NA (my team) for the galactic tourney. That's the person I meant as the contender.

Man I played that shadow game so wrong. Was super fed early but was too nervous to just build carry and went far to defensive

My heart will always be with you guys.

Edit: I cannot be there with you guys because of my internet lag spikes with Blizzard in my city. I logged in SC2 to give it a try again after seeing this thread. Here is the result:

I get this lag spikes every 2 to 3 seconds thru out the whole game in the video. And this is my internet speed below. I've tried everything to fix it, even contacting Blizzard supports countless times over the past 4 years, with no solution. Feelsbadman. I don't get any spikes in LoL, Dota, or CS;GO. I do get spikes in HOTS, WoW, Diablo3, & Overwatch too, but not as bad. If anyone know how to fix please help.

KiyLZZV.png

I might able to help you if u post the following:

Your sc2 options

your processor + ur GPU

32 bit sc2 or 64 bit sc2

ram

Looks like something I encountered before.I don't know if is the same cause before you provide more info.

I might able to help you if u post the following:

Your sc2 options

your processor + ur GPU

32 bit sc2 or 64 bit sc2

ram

Looks like something I encountered before.I don't know if is the same cause before you provide more info.

My sc2 settings are all low. I have switched 2 PC and 1 laptop over the past 4-6 years. Complete new PC, and I still get the lag spike only in my home and not in my friend's house. This is my 3rd cable modem, and 2nd router.. all have the same issue. Called my internet provider, and they came to check. Said everything is installed and working properly. My city only has 2 cable provider, tried both. There's just probably some kind of cable wire compatibility issue from my house to blizzard or something. lol I don't lag in anything else. The support says I get random packet loss to Blizzard, and told me to open ports or w/e by following their steps.. all didn't help. It sucks man. I love Blizzard games. I play Overwatch now, and I still get them, but good thing is a lot minor than sc2. SC2 act so strange. Is 50-50 chance I get spikes. 1 game I get no spikes, then the next game I get horrible lag spikes like the video. =\

If it's specific to your home I'm not sure what you can do if you've already forwarded ports, changed ISP's, and changed routers.

I used to get lag if I hadn't done a proper reboot but I found that was due to the blizzard helper running in the backround. I'd cancel that process with the task manager and it helped my game lag.

My sc2 settings are all low. I have switched 2 PC and 1 laptop over the past 4-6 years. Complete new PC, and I still get the lag spike only in my home and not in my friend's house. This is my 3rd cable modem, and 2nd router.. all have the same issue. Called my internet provider, and they came to check. Said everything is installed and working properly. My city only has 2 cable provider, tried both. There's just probably some kind of cable wire compatibility issue from my house to blizzard or something. lol I don't lag in anything else. The support says I get random packet loss to Blizzard, and told me to open ports or w/e by following their steps.. all didn't help. It sucks man. I love Blizzard games. I play Overwatch now, and I still get them, but good thing is a lot minor than sc2. SC2 act so strange. Is 50-50 chance I get spikes. 1 game I get no spikes, then the next game I get horrible lag spikes like the video. =\

Ah go through device manager and change the advance settings of your wireless/cable network adapter to the following setting:

(Right click computer -> properties -> device manager)

Advanced Inter-Frame Spacing: Enabled

Enable PME: Enabled

Energy Efficient Ethernet: Off

Flow Control: Disabled

Gigabit Master Slave Mode: Auto Detect

Interrupt Moderation: Disabled

Interrupt Moderation Rate: Off

IPv4 Checksum Offload: Disabled

Jumbo Packet: Disabled

Large Send Offload V2 (IPv4): Disabled

Large Send Offload V2 (IPv6): Disabled

Legacy Switch Compatibility Mode: Disabled

Locally Administered Address: Don't Change

Log Link State Event: Don't Change

Maximum Number of RSS Queues: 2 Queues

Packet Priority & VLAN: Disabled

Protocol ARP Offload: Disabled

Protocol NS Offload: Disabled

Receive Buffers: Don't Change

Receive Side Scaling: Disabled

Reduce Speed On Power Down: Don't Change

Speed & Duplex: Don't Change

System Idle Power Saver: Disabled

TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4): Disabled

TCP Checksum Offload (IPv6): Disabled

Transmit Buffers: Don't Change

UDP Checksum Offload (IPv4): Disabled

UDP Checksum Offload (IPv6): Disabled

You might not have all of them just changed it for the one you have.

Also, if you change these and still did not fix, then it is cause by dramatic fps drop (75 fps to 35 fps in between 1-2 sec). Try it with vsync off and see if it helps. Otherwise, I need to know your graphics to help you more. If you are lazy, you can run dxdiag (windows key + r) and post the log file.

Hi Gents

It's been a while, I have been popping in every now and again it seems things really have gone from bad to worse with Skydie now being the most frequent poster from EU, Whale gone, dat draternoob gone, John plus 4 gone (funny enough for John) and now where to be seen is that sneaky Diipa.

So I posed a challenge to determine whether the community is completely dead and no way of reviving or whether there is still a small chance that it could be revived, therefore if the following criteria is met by the end of February 2016, I will host the largest tournament the game has held previously <details pending criteria being met>

please join the group on the EU region "AOS Challenge" , if 150 members join - Anyone can join

Within that group it can be both EU and NA members - group will be located in EU (dats how we roll boiis)

In the last week of February 21 to the 28 of February a constant of 45 players have to be in the group online from peak hours of 18h00 to 00h00 and at least 30 of these people need to be on mumble, Also in this last week a total of 2 inh's are to occur during this time.

In the next 2 months a total of 1 new heros to be added (Calling out the Devs what's up)

The 7 of the following players need to be playing regularly in the last week of Feb (4 days of the week)

John - MVP

Diipadaapa

Soedenone - Unlikely

Corsa

Climax - Unlikely

SayMyName

PurePysco

Brew - Unlikely

Maxwell

Spooky

Kael

Yaldi

And meh CrazySoldier, Whale, Allectris or Highdrater

Soooo is the community up for the challenge? I'll be seeing you real soon ;)

We are about half way to your end of February date. An update with how things are coming along?

So far doing very well, the group is at 98 players, inh's are very regular. Still excited for the new hero and what's is exciting is people are looking at the right things with the update. Got to say, I might have to stick this one through and make the tournament. So to give it some hype, the high level planning so far on it the tournament:

It will be held over 3 weekends, each weekend will have a unique challenge associated to it. Annnndddd at the end of it there will be only grand champion player :)

Enjoy :)

Edited by JustSAfrican

5 of the people on the list play regularly, we have had a couple of instances of double inhouses and constant inhouses from loke 7pm GMT till midnight

I think we are doing alright I suppose