Sign in to follow this  
EKCO

Forum Upkeep

What's next, you wanna move to reddit instead of the forums?

Interestingly LoL moved from using a forum to a more reddit-eque boards. IMHO ruins the 'feel' and make everything very fast paced. Decimating a close-knit community; morphing it into some news-reel full of memes/GIFs/dank plays.

I'm personally in favor of using Discord. I prefer mumble because it's what I've always used but that's the only reason. With Discord it's cool to not have the server capped or limited to just AoS players. I like how it looks, and I think it's more functional like being able to message people who are offline and give anyone a quick link to join.

I'm personally in favor of using Discord. I prefer mumble because it's what I've always used but that's the only reason. With Discord it's cool to not have the server capped or limited to just AoS players. I like how it looks, and I think it's more functional like being able to message people who are offline and give anyone a quick link to join.

it might make people more inclined to get on to talk. I also have been using Discord recently for HotS and I like it.

Thanks for the donates, you guys rock.

I'm leaning towards Discord for it's better tech, accessibility, and current popularity. It'll also make it easier for people to join the community as a general hangout. I also have sentimental attachments to Mumble, but Discord seems like the more logical choice when I'm not wearing the rose-tinted glasses.

That, and I feel like our mumble service providers are charging more than they should for the level of service provided, considering the wealth of less expensive alternatives (Discord being free). Mumble is currently $55/yr for a 15 person server.

It also doesn't look like Mumble's tech has tangibly improved since it's inception. Discord, due to it's rising popularity, is in active development:

https://blog.discordapp.com/shhh-its-a-secret-d1550c6a3f6b#.dpj5qw47p

I will donate 200 if tassa and pyro and dehaka is buffed

Now changing text descriptions and change log only of said heroes for easy cash. Placebo effect test begin.

Edited by Jaysi

Will give you 250 to unbuff them 10 mins after buffing

That's usually how we balance things here bro.

Overbuff then nerf to the ground.