Sign in to follow this  
Adamantium

Changelog v1.347

Terrain

- Protoss/Zerg bases modified. Distance between each T3 tower and distance between artifact and T3 towers artifact increased. Fountain area smaller.

- T1 and T2 Zerg/Protoss offlane towers repositioned further back slightly.

- T3 Zerg and Protoss Thor jungle camps moved further away from base down the lane after T2. Adjacent bushes accompanied them to their new location.

- Repositioned victory/loss camera views to match new artifact locations.

- Fixed Unix model bug caused by the latest SC2 patch. Unix should appear fine now.

- Safelane T1 firebat camp bushes adjusted slightly. More risky.

- All ward spots but the 2 at the "waterfalls" now have very clear and obvious circular markers.

- Repositioned zerg side secret “waterfall” ward spot up a cliff level. Now mirrors Protoss secret waterfall ward spot and gives much better coverage.

- Added 7 more ward spots: 1 on both safelanes between T3 and T2 next to new thor camp; 1 next to each T1 mid tower; 1 near each safelane Siege tank jungle camps), and 1 in the mountains behind the Protoss T2 mid firebat camp (to better mirror the one on the zerg side).

- Added destructible rocks for both boss creeps.

- Numerous texture/doodad updates and adjustments all over the map. Terrain is much more refined but with even less doodads than previous versions.

Models

- All units, which include heroes, summons, lane creeps, neutral creeps now have their outlines highlighted when obscured behind most terrain objects. (This feature is only available for medium to highest graphics setting. The outlines disappear on the lowest settings.)

- Lord Zyrkhan model and portrait updated.

- Queen biomass pickup model updated.

- Vorpal base model updated.

- Mandrake model updated.

- Viron model updated. Now comes with improved textures, unique portrait, sound files, and a unique death animation.

- Added Avenger sound files.

- Added Khyrak sound files.

- Brine model updated.

- Alpha Crackling and his zergling model updateds

- Raynor’s Raiders model updated.

- Geneva’s model got a minor update.

- Lurker’s model got a minor update.

- Rancor model got a minor update.

- Toxi model got a minor update.

- Cyprus rock pillar death animation adjusted and restored (now matches existing sound effect and pillar model).

- Dustin Plasma Beam model updated.The beam also reflects the player’s color so that you can tell whose beam is firing.

- Updated Narud portrait, death sounds, E animation, as well as Loci model updated.

- Greelus Silencer Drone model updated; now plays correct death animation

Game

Anti-Backdoor Resist: 75% -> 60%

T-3 Life Regen 2 -> 0.5

Items

Superheated Mantle: Damage is now DoT (won't apply nitrogen or ancient rune)

Heroes

Khyrak:

Q - Stun: 1.5s -> 1s

W - CD 3s -> 4.5/ 4/ 3.5/ 3s

Artanis:

HP: Scaling lowered from 150% -> 100% (Tooltip was incorrect)

: Base Damage: 40 -> 25 + 10*LVL

Pyro:

E - Current Health Scaling: 8% -> 5%

Rory:

W - Duration 8s -> 12s

R - Duration 6s -> 8s

Penthos:

Q - Base Damage: 10/ 18/ 26/ 34 -> 10/ 15/ 20/ 25

- INT Scaling: 15% -> 16%

W - CD 3.5s -> 6s

E - R Bonus Shield: 50% Max Health -> 35% Max Health

Boros:

Q - INT Scaling 50% -> 35%

nice! the much awaited game revamp!

like dem nerfs, luv dem buffs!

Jessika, got a link for a map of ur new ward spots?

shm still procs heal from sun flare gun?

pyro with shm, sfg and nitro used to be stomper, looking forward to see how it goes now.

<3 <3 <3

Wow rly awesome patch, I don't remember this good patch for quite some time. I think I'll come to play some games.

Also thanks for FINALLY making the bases bigger.

Jessika, got a link for a map of ur new ward spots?

I'll put something together asap.

For the time being, aside from the ones at the waterfalls (you can figure out where to locate them by trying to place the ward on the area, and if the cursor changes then you found the secret spots), they all have white rings designating them.

Game

Anti-Backdoor Resist: 75% -> 60%

T-3 Life Regen 2 -> 0.5

Items

Superheated Mantle: Damage is now DoT (won't apply nitrogen or ancient rune) Good change, the nitrogen + mantle was silly

Heroes

Khyrak:

Q - Stun: 1.5s -> 1s

W - CD 3s -> 4.5/ 4/ 3.5/ 3s

Seems like a way in the right direction

Artanis:

HP: Scaling lowered from 150% -> 100% (Tooltip was incorrect)

: Base Damage: 40 -> 25 + 10*LVL

Will have to test this

Pyro:

E - Current Health Scaling: 8% -> 5%

The E skill? Is this a joke? Anyone getting more than level 1 E before maxing everything else including stats doesn't know how to play pyro. Nerfing this is like nerfing pyre in order to balance pyro. Maybe will tone down this braindead hero slightly.

Rory:

W - Duration 8s -> 12s

R - Duration 6s -> 8s

Was already fine, but it's not like he'll be autobanned / first picked after this buff.

Penthos:

Q - Base Damage: 10/ 18/ 26/ 34 -> 10/ 15/ 20/ 25

- INT Scaling: 15% -> 16%

W - CD 3.5s -> 6s

E - R Bonus Shield: 50% Max Health -> 35% Max Health

3 nerfs at the same time, should help.

Boros:

Q - INT Scaling 50% -> 35%

A step in the right direction, superheated will make an impact too.

Needed adjustments:

1) Tassadar, something major needed, he's a dps, support, pusher, splitpusher + bruiser right now.

2) Egon, Very hard to stop even if you are going hard counters (burst dmg heroes)

Garamond

[Q] - Oil Slick

Duration 3,5s > 4,0s

[W] - Seeker Swarm

+16%INT > 20% INT

[R] - Kill Command

eactivate to control Red SCVs (see Corona R and Queen R).

4 / 6 / 8 SCV - SCV's 15% movement speed bonus 15% > 17,5% > 20,0%!

Duration 4 > reduce to 3 or 2,5 explode SCV!

This feature is only available for medium to highest graphics setting. The outlines disappear on the lowest settings

FeelsBadMan

When I read the changes to the towers and factored in the changes to the bases, I thought that pushing would be too strong and games would end too soon. But so far I must say that I am enjoying the pace of the match much more than expected. The early-mid game has been extended with more focus on ganking/roaming/pushing and boss fights taking a back seat to these since you would need 4-5 heroes to destroy the rocks in time. Late game on the other hand the game's end faster, with games being decided by the 30 minute mark and ending soon after.

I'm gonna second everything John said. I think Tass, Pyro, and Egon are by far the biggest offenders and need the most immediate attention. These are some of the suggestions I made regarding them for your consideration:

Pyromaniac

HP - Pyro's autoattack and abilities all apply "burn" to their targets for 8s. Burn now reduces health regeneration by 45% only. No DoT whatsoever.

W - No longer heals, instead it improves any healing effects on Pyro by 50/100/150/200% while active.

Damage now scales with target current health not INT. Balance numbers accordingly.

R - Cast range reduced from 30/50/70 to 8/14/20.

Damage now scales with target current health not INT. Balance numbers accordingly.

Tassadar

HP - Cooldown increased to 90s. Projection bounty increased, now scales with level. Energy cost changed to 15% of Max Energy.

R - Swapping with Projection no longer swaps health or reduces cooldown at all. This part of his kit must be removed. Heal to be limited to Soul Drain only.

Egon

Q - No charges and cooldown reduced to 7s at all levels. Duration remains the same. Can no longer target enemy units.

In addition to healing, now causes target ally's attacks to deal 40/50/60/70 + (10% INT) + (0.65*[Casts on Target Ally]).

W - Can no longer be cast on enemy units. Instead, Proton Pack will reduce enemy Physical/Spell resistance and movement/attack speed by 25/30/35/40% for 2 seconds when they attack target ally.

E - Remade into new single target ability.

When used on an allied hero Hyper Energy will replenish 50/100/150/200 (+4% Target's Max Energy[per 10 casts on target allied unit]), remove debuffs, and deal spell damage to enemies equal to 100% of energy replenished in a 4u radius area around allied target.

Cooldown reduced to 8s at all levels and cast range increased to 7

R - Stun rescaled from 1.5s to 1/1.5/2s. Timescale increased to 15/25/35% (+2% Timescale[per 10 casts on target allied unit]). Cast range improved by 2u. No longer amplifies damage whatsoever.

I also strong think that this change specifically:

Health/Energy Capsules

Dispelled if damaged while active.

Is crucial to balancing the early game laning phase.

Edited by Jessika

I kinda dislike the rocks in front of the worm, its supposed to be an early game objective for junglers. Maybe have the rocks appear with the t2 worm so it is still a viable objective for junglers?

I kinda dislike the rocks in front of the worm, its supposed to be an early game objective for junglers. Maybe have the rocks appear with the t2 worm so it is still a viable objective for junglers?

Given the team buff the worm gives, I'd hesitate to call it an objective for junglers honestly. The boss creeps are meant to be team objectives that grant team bonuses. The rocks are difficult to take out by 1 hero or 2, but a team of heroes can take them out fast (as per the whole team objective logic etc.).

Mhm i like the egon changes you suggested but wouldnt be the ult too strong? Its about 75 % timescale on a hardcarry up from midgame, add haste to it and watch the other team die 2v5 from a darpa or nova or whoever.Ethernal, dial and silveesoul on egon and ur carry basicly is immortal.

The W change makes him a stronger support against physical comps and weaker against burst which is greati suppose.

Just think that r scaling is too high.

The t1 worm does not give a teamwide buff. Thats why it is so weak.

Doesn't it give monAy to everyone though?

Mhm i like the egon changes you suggested but wouldnt be the ult too strong? Its about 75 % timescale on a hardcarry up from midgame, add haste to it and watch the other team die 2v5 from a darpa or nova or whoever.Ethernal, dial and silveesoul on egon and ur carry basicly is immortal.

The W change makes him a stronger support against physical comps and weaker against burst which is greati suppose.

Just think that r scaling is too high.

The #s used are just placeholders to be honest, which can be balanced later. It's the concept/mechanic that I am pitching.

Edited by Jessika

jess, when are we going to do a vid of ur new ward spots?

That would ruin the fun haha! I mean it's written in the patch notes approximately where they are, and they mostly mirror each other on each side of the map. They all have white circles, so eventually you will find them.

...I hope.

Edited by Jessika

Well I miss the strategy of planning when to take an early aeon after a pickoff on top lane or some one backs.

Now you essentially need to guarentee you have enough space for at least 3 times as long which makes early game taking of the objectives infeasible because the enemy should notice.

Such cool work guys! Do the rocks ever come back once destroyed? Interesting game play could develop over time. Maybe make a few stops wearing down the rocks, then surprise! Finish them off and take it.(does the rock hp come back like creep health out of engagement?) Wear them down too much at wrong time and other team could notice and grab boss.