Sign in to follow this  
MOTHER

Top 5 things AoS needs to survive 2017

Can we have bkb and gold loss on death

While we at it, reverting back the game to its former glory, bring back the good old 100% denial of xp on denies too :)

Edited by John

While we at it, reverting back the game to its former glory, bring back the good old 100% denial of xp on denies too :)

This will be terrible in pub.

I wouldn't be against XP denial getting buffed (maybe not to 100% but more than it is now) -- Especially if we introduce a moderately priced consumable that grants some XP to offset a bad laning experience (and help supports?).

(Limited stock and high cooldown of course).

Edited by Jessika

It wasn't a serious suggestion btw, I think the reason it was removed in the past was to make the game easier for less experienced ppl.. both when it comes to denies and death penalty.

It wasn't a serious suggestion btw, I think the reason it was removed in the past was to make the game easier for less experienced ppl.. both when it comes to denies and death penalty.

I think the game should cater more to pubs all things considered, but not this way really (new rating system!).

Things like money penalties for death can be be balanced without putting off new players (it hasn't stopped other mobas for example). They also help balance the overflow of minerals.

I would prefer maybe having more space between t1 towers or other mechanics to aid in lane control. As a way to deny xp

Perhaps some talent in the utility tree that allows supports to start denying at75% health? Or One that avoids creep agro so you can harass people out of lane whilst not losing health or affecting the number of enemy creep attacks on your wave.

Additionally if there were a mechanic where getting the last hit provides xp that will further allow you to get an advantage in lane and promote the idea of supports not requiring as many levels.

Yaldi can you clarify on what you mean when say 'more space between the t1 towers'?

Space between zerg t1 and protoss t1 so that if you mess up lane control it doesn't instantly flip to them having the creep wave under their tower to farm also allowing more space to harass/gank the enemy off laner.

So you're suggesting that if we increase the distance between the t1 towers in the side lanes, we will have a true "offlane" experience and lane control will have more meaning?

I will look into this and see if the map can accommodate this kind of change. Thing is, the distances between the T1 and T2 towers of each side is already relatively short, and a change like this will shorten even further possibly.

If you're not with the one you love, then love the one you're with. Complaining about the playerbase is pointless.

I've actually found people to be better behaved these days in general because they know how long it takes to get a game going. So they are more tolerant of one another.

In general I would agree with better behaved. Well with the exception of noobs. xD.

But regardless on the subject of Tass I would agree about nerfing his clone. Maybe either have max rang it can go away from Tass or even not let it use his ult.

Another change I might like is a new rating system. Because I want a shiny Plat symbol. xD Not sure how exactly to work a new system but something needs to change there. Its nigh impossible for me to ever hit gold rank even if I win 3 games for every one which in pubs is pretty hard.

I loved this game back in the day. Used way too much time on it on the EU server. The most ruthless MOBA game I've tried, and imo a much better character and ability roster than other moba games. Love the talent tree. Everything was equally overpowered making for some very interesting and intense games. The main problem being leavers without penalty imo. Also the skill level in pubs was so different, which often meant that the newbies would get raped. However, waiting in the lobby watching the regulars join was fun for me. Nowadays I've moved to DOTA2, and rarely meet the same players twice. Generally I think Blizzard blew it. First of all they should have hired icefrog and build on DOTA1. When they finally, way too late, decided to move in on the moba scene, they should have hired ecko and build on the success of Sotis, instead of embarrassing themselves with Heroes of the Storm. Worst game of them all. But all in all, this game has been left in the dust from other MOBA games over the past years. In order to revive it, it needs a ranking system, penalty system, a fair matchmaking system, beginner mods and a community behind it. This however will properbly never happen, which is too bad, because this game definitely had a great unique feeling to it back in the day. Actually like the gameplay better than DOTA2. Anyway RIP

I loved this game back in the day. Used way too much time on it on the EU server. The most ruthless MOBA game I've tried, and imo a much better character and ability roster than other moba games. Love the talent tree. Everything was equally overpowered making for some very interesting and intense games. The main problem being leavers without penalty imo. Also the skill level in pubs was so different, which often meant that the newbies would get raped. However, waiting in the lobby watching the regulars join was fun for me. Nowadays I've moved to DOTA2, and rarely meet the same players twice. Generally I think Blizzard blew it. First of all they should have hired icefrog and build on DOTA1. When they finally, way too late, decided to move in on the moba scene, they should have hired ecko and build on the success of Sotis, instead of embarrassing themselves with Heroes of the Storm. Worst game of them all. But all in all, this game has been left in the dust from other MOBA games over the past years. In order to revive it, it needs a ranking system, penalty system, a fair matchmaking system, beginner mods and a community behind it. This however will properbly never happen, which is too bad, because this game definitely had a great unique feeling to it back in the day. Actually like the gameplay better than DOTA2. Anyway RIP

I remember you, it's me Skydie. I think we played 3 or 4 years ago and you eventually started joining IHs.

Trold, I don't know about the gameplay being better than Dota2's meticulously fine-tuned machine but it can certainly be more fun.

Anyway, the game will pull a Gloria Gaynor and it will survive. One way or another. Many people still enjoy it, and it's best to focus on what we have rather than what we lost along the way.

I remember you, it's me Skydie. I think we played 3 or 4 years ago and you eventually started joining IHs.

Remember you as well. That for me was the glory days of AoS. Are you still playing these days? :)

Trold, I don't know about the gameplay being better than Dota2's meticulously fine-tuned machine but it can certainly be more fun.

Anyway, the game will pull a Gloria Gaynor and it will survive. One way or another. Many people still enjoy it, and it's best to focus on what we have rather than what we lost along the way.

True words, I agree. I wish it all the best, and I will still argue that the experience of AoS are in some areas more fun than dota2. The Fast pace, relentless fights and a damn near perfect hero roster in terms of size, talent tree and ability combinations is what made AoS work for me. Community, Ranking and Matchmaking could make me switch back.

Remember you as well. That for me was the glory days of AoS. Are you still playing these days? :)

Yeh good times in EUW, I miss the close community banter that you don't get in other MOBAs. I play LoL now on EUW - iSkydie.

I hope you guys realize none of this will help AOS survive. The community has no patience or manners, and every day new players join a game get bm'ed die 20 times and either get shunned or never want to play again lol.

Edited by Deception

7 - ban deception for rage kicking people from lobbies and mid khyrak

in all seriousness bro, aos is far from dead. just the time that you are on is about 10am London time. On NA pubs, this time of day has been killed by trolls.

you get people who troll afk, scrubs who rage at newbies to get leavers, pubstars playing farmville only to rq at 100 cs when their team has lost 10 team fights, noobs kicking people from lobbies.

EU IH and NA pub during your time are 2 different games. Even pubs on NA earlier/later on during the day can be decent (and fill quite quickly).

Edited by Sharingan