Sign in to follow this  
Adamantium

Changelog 1.341-1.344

Maybe then reduce the hero's base agility and agility growth, which is on the high side for an INT hero actually.

Alternatively, reduce the hero's base strength and strength growth. The hero's early game is perhaps too good for a "carry". So changes to these two attributes could balance the hero better.

We really don't have to hit a hero's abilities with nerfs to balance them. Tweaking their MS/AS, attributes/attribute growth, and base health/energy should be valid options. But I noticed that AoS over the years has generally been more prone to going after abilities instead of stats to balance heroes.

Maybe then reduce the hero's base agility and agility growth, which is on the high side for an INT hero actually.

Alternatively, reduce the hero's base strength and strength growth. The hero's early game is perhaps too good for a "carry". So changes to these two attributes could balance the hero better.

We really don't have to hit a hero's abilities with nerfs to balance them. Tweaking their MS/AS, attributes/attribute growth, and base health/energy should be valid options. But I noticed that AoS over the years has generally been more prone to going after abilities instead of stats to balance heroes.

I agree, the early game is on the strong side for a carry, then again there's plenty of retarded heroes like darpa who's on the strong side from lvl 1 --> 18.

I agree, the early game is on the strong side for a carry, then again there's plenty of retarded heroes like darpa who's on the strong side from lvl 1 --> 18.

Or penthos, artanis, and pyro

The problem with Artanis is the INT% damage double scaling on W. %INT already scales, so having it scale up to 150% is redundant. Keep it fixed at something like 50% or 40/50/60/70% INT.

I'd also increase the energy cost to 125 at all levels. 2.5s invulnerability is still 2.5s of invulnerability, it should never cost 65 energy.

Artanis' attributes are also too equal, at 30 STR, 31 AGI, and 29 INT with insane attribute gain per level on each for an AGI hero. Why is he gaining 5 attribute points per level of both AGI and INT? Gaining 5 INT with an already high base INT is feels out of place on an AGI hero. His attributes need to be readjusted to match being AGI hero or just make him INT and then adjust accordingly. His base INT and INT/lvl need to go down to 25+3. Alternatively hit switch it up and lower his base STR and STR/lvl and then balance his INT around that since the hero is an INT/AGI hybrid.

Besides that, the hero is no where near as a pain to deal with as he used to be.

Pyro also has a notably high base INT and INT/lvl for a STR hero and perhaps that needs looking into too.

Edited by Jessika

mothershipcore is like.. 'noobtrap' i would say. by noob i mean team without coordination or crap comp. it dominates pretty much every single pub game but you'll never see it in tournament.(if there is one). i.e. balancewise it's really weak, it just feeds on enemy not knowing what to do with 0 cooldown spam. Increase its cooldown to like 10 or more seconds and increase dmg/range. This might put him in decent spot while nerfing his pub-wrecking potential.

If youve tryed heroes with 0 cooldown, Maar and Mothershipcore, u might have noticed the 'clunckyness'. It frequently bugs out. I think 0 cooldown abilities needs to go not because it's unbalanced, but sc2 engine(or at least AoS) is not built for that.

Edited by OPReN

I think with the direction the game is going (faster?), denying towers when they are below 10% HP should become a valid option. Towers barely regen anymore, there is no tower fortification, so defending a tower that's holding on to its life by a hair can seem pointlessly risky. This change can make those engagements around said tower more meaningful.

Tower denying brings in another element to gameplay where both teams may race to take out a tower before the other. It can also give a losing team the chance to deprive their opponents XP and money, making tower denying a viable counter push contingency.

Denied towers give 50% less bounty and significantly reduced or no XP.

THINK ABOUT IT ADAM <3

Edited by Jessika

2 things for your consideration:

1- Tower attack speed is on the slow side of things right now. I think they need a slight boost. If it isn't a fixed buff to their attack speed, then how about a temporary boost of attack speed triggered by hero aggro. The former is simpler to apply, and I think T3 towers at the very least should get an AS buff.

2- How is XP distribution in the lane right now? In an effort to promote active denying of creeps, how about we shift the proportions of XP. The total XP each creep wave gives remains the same, but the ranged creep now gives significantly more xp than melee creep (like at least twice as much). I think this will improve the laning experience and stress the importance of denying (at least the ranged creep).

2 things for your consideration:

1- Tower attack speed is on the slow side of things right now. I think they need a slight boost. If it isn't a fixed buff to their attack speed, then how about a temporary boost of attack speed triggered by hero aggro. The former is simpler to apply, and I think T3 towers at the very least should get an AS buff.

2- How is XP distribution in the lane right now? In an effort to promote active denying of creeps, how about we shift the proportions of XP. The total XP each creep wave gives remains the same, but the ranged creep now gives significantly more xp than melee creep (like at least twice as much). I think this will improve the laning experience and stress the importance of denying (at least the ranged creep).

I'm a noob who likes being able to run somewhere safe, and even I tend to agree with Destroyer. As much as I hate to disagree with Jessika. If Tower dps goes up, might that push us back toward games taking way too long?

However, I am eternally grateful, that tower damage stacks somehow now, as I was REALLY getting tired of tanks being able to ignore a tower for soooooo long.

I'm guessing the experience idea is a good one. Us noobs may not be overwhelmed by paying attention to range creep denying at least.

The reason I made the AS tower buff suggestion for T3s is because I feel pushing may end up being too fast in the next patch, which would disproportionately favor one style of play over the other. It would be a small buff to AS, nothing major. But I'm jumping the gun on this one and we'll only know for sure after things are tested out properly.

Taking down towers in this patch is already relatively easy, and games are ending sooner (which is great).