Sign in to follow this  
Adamantium

Changelog 1.341-1.344

Yea, I can see where the changes to spell buffer might encourage you to build it sooner than mid game(when most team fights start) if your in a lane like that. Gives more variety to play.

Take overlord talent, rip queen in lane.

I guess if queen scaled better it would be a problem, but as it is she peaks in the midgame so if the banes got nerfed she would probably require a buff somewhere else.

If Banes are nerfed, then E needs to get buffed to compensate because R is already in a good place and I don't know how you can buff W without pissing someone off. +Speed for Banes, Queen, and Timmy while on creep is a fair trade for nerfing Q CD (12>16?) for example. E used to give +30% MS IIRC. Tumors ought to be cancer again.

Personal bias aside, she really is in a good place and can be innately hard countered by many heroes, and now by items too.

Moving on though,

I think the health and energy potion needs a revision. It needs to give to give you a generous amount of energy/health over a longer period of time for its modest price, but I think it should dispel when you're attacked during its active duration (so a better visual cue may be in order). This should help control heroes like Pyro (Who needs to lose that healing IMO but that's another post altogether).

I also think TS Elixir needs a limited with a replenishing stock (like max 3) with its own cooldown. The value of Elixir late game can be totally negligible because of how easy it is to get.

Edited by Jessika

Other stuff -

Penthos - I now think the his HP needs to be looking into. In particular the part where attacking reduces recharge time. I think it should be fixed at a median number like 0.6s for both heroes and creep, instead of 1.25s for heroes. Additionally, rescale the CD for his ult from 150/110/70 to 160/120/80. This may give better results than nerfing his other spells.

Kuradel - I think his HP needs to change from permanent INT steal to temporary, but to compensate the INT bonus from hero kills and assists needs to be generous. Maybe make it an actual INT steal where Kuradel temporarily steals 20% of current INT from enemy heroes he kills or assists in killing for a 180-240 seconds.

Garamond - Oil Slick should slow down turn rate, attack speed, and movement speed. I don't think we have a lot of heroes (or any?) that affect turn rate. This will carve out a niche for him and make him relevant.

Pyro - I agree with the general sentiment that the hero has too much going for him. His R doesn't need that kind of extreme range. Bring it down to 7-8u. His heal needs to go too IMO.

Edited by Jessika

Other stuff -

Garamond - Oil Slick should slow down turn rate, attack speed, and movement speed. I don't think we have a lot of heroes (or any?) that affect turn rate. This will carve out a niche for him and make him relevant.

Good idea, new skill!

I like Garamond as Raven Typ II (Nova CO-OP) and Gazlowe! I would like something better ability Garamond!

Oil Slick (Q)

Create an slick losting 4,0 secounds.

70/85/100/115 > reduce costs mana 60/70/80/90

Enemies lose 22/33/44/55% Movement Speed. > increase 25/35/45/60%

Seeker Swarm (W)

16% INT > 20% INT

MK38 Laser Turret (E)

I think everything is fine. BUT..... So long I have not played, but I know garamond skill!

100/120/140/160 > reduce costs mana 100/110/120/130?!?!?!?!

What is missing? Sightrange! 4u or 5u???

Level 4: Deal 130 (+35 INT) Spell Damage every 6s -> 4s.

Still better????

Kill Command ®

CD 100/80/60 FINE

Mana 150/200/250 HMM? i dont know!!!

All his SCVs that will Deall Spell Damage to neardy enemis after 4s > 3s! 4 SCVs > 4/6/8 SCVs!!!!

SCVs unter this effect gain 15 % Movemspeed and 50% Physical and Spell Resist! > 15/18/21 % Movemspeed and 50/55/60% Physical and Spell Resist

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is missing? SCVc: no Hotkey!!

Hotkey

1- Gara

2- SCVc

3- MK38 Laser Turret

Soon we can test buff garamond and other heroes and map??

IljaHi

Edited by IljaHi

I definitely think Garamond needs his scvs hotkeyed to 2. All of them. It's one of the biggest turn offs for players to not be able to control their hero smoothly.

Other stuff -

Penthos - I now think the his HP needs to be looking into. In particular the part where attacking reduces recharge time. I think it should be fixed at a median number like 0.6s for both heroes and creep, instead of 1.25s for heroes. Additionally, rescale the CD for his ult from 150/110/70 to 160/120/80. This may give better results than nerfing his other spells.

Kuradel - I think his HP needs to change from permanent INT steal to temporary, but to compensate the INT bonus from hero kills and assists needs to be generous. Maybe make it an actual INT steal where Kuradel temporarily steals 20% of current INT from enemy heroes he kills or assists in killing for a 180-240 seconds.

Pyro - I agree with the general sentiment that the hero has too much going for him. His R doesn't need that kind of extreme range. Bring it down to 7-8u. His heal needs to go too IMO.

Penthos- I like the idea for penthos, he does still seem to mobile... I had wondered why a hero that's so strong has the ability to have 3 ultimates if there were a change to his ult, not sure I would touch the cd on orbs and vice versa.

Kuradel- although pretty strong late game I dont think it needs a major rework like you're suggesting.. its designed as a burst int hero and against skilled players his combo requires some skill. If the late game int is the problem, maybe limit the amount of extra int from 120 > 100... or change the int increase from 1 creep = 1 int to 2 creep = 1 int or something... but changing it to 20%... it reminds me of those items years ago that would give you extra str, agi, int after every kill/assist ... even though it's on a timer... it was pretty op

Garamond- The biggest problem with gara ... his lvl 1 ult is too weak needs buff. The second problem are his turrets, enemy heros 1-2 shot and they're dead and since they take some time to get going... they're destroyed b4 they have a chance to do significant damage, not to mention gara can no longer effectively repair turrets. If a turret is above 50% hp gara can repair... below 50% gara denies it (1 hero attack puts turret below 50%). Ill be honest Oil Slick is fine. If combo'd correctly and with correct build gara can literally make a hero or a group of hero seem like they frozen for 2-3 seconds, and put out good damage.

*** Also Gara def needs scv's to be hotkeyed! Good idea.

Pyro- Just get rid of the heal or half it. Ult not a huge problem.

My suggestion regarding all these talks of changes, lets not be extreme. Test changes in small increments.

Good Luck

Edited by DreamCrusher

@Dreamcrusher

Penthouse - The problem isn't that he has 3 ultimates, having many spells in itself is not unbalanced. The resource management of the hero (his heroic) may be the underlying issue is all I am saying. Since the hero doesn't rely on energy, he can more readily invest in other items and his spells will always be at the ready with attack speed. His survivability stems from his heroic moreso than any other part of his kit actually. It is what allows him to spam his spells in fights.

Kuradel - My suggestion wasn't intended to balance the hero. I think Kuradel is balanced mostly. I just always found his heroic to be too stale and linear. It's basicall a variation Queen's heroic but it cuts the middle man of picking stuff up and just goes straight for INT. I also remember those items, loved them, op, but loved them.

Gara - I think the intention with Gara's towers are that they are easy to destroy but if left unattended they will melt units. I think changing it so that the towers require a fixed number of hits rather than have hp is the best course of action. Like 2/3/4/5 hits.

Slick is fine, I just want turn rate slows to be explored and the spell seemed like a good candidate.

Pyro - His ult is balanced, but the cast range feels really misplaced on a hero like him. It doesn't posses a balance per se so much as it feels like a loose end in his kit, and lacking grace.

Edited by Jessika

Omnislash is shap, but I'd rather we just introduce more hard counters.

Like how about introducing the AoS equivalent of Ghost Scepter. A cheap item with a self cast active that "phases you out" rendering you immune to physical damage (but take increased magic damage). Same thing with evasion, just make an item that deals true strike damage penetrating any evasion.

Speaking of DotA...

How about the Daggoth buff reduce the respawn timer of team by 30/40/50% or just at level 3 or something like that. This will really make it into a game changer in a game where there is no buyback.

That wouldn't be such a bad idea. Conceptually speaking. I just wouldn't want to copy the DotA model for it.

I like the consumable approach for buyback or respawn timer reduction.

Like imagine a pricey consumable elixir that lasts for a duration. If you die while under its effect, your respawn timer is reduced by a fixed number of seconds or a fixed percentage.

You can price it accordingly and give it a limited stock with a high cooldown to avoid abuse.

It's not really a buyback since it isn't reactionary like dota's. You use it actively or it could go to waste if the duration runs out and you don't die under its effect.

I think something like this could really spice up late game.

Edited by Jessika

Isn't the average in game time already long enough?

That's mainly because of the T3 siege taking too long.

Hopefully with the continuing changes to the bases, and buffer/korhal, things will end sooner.

I don't think a buyback mechanism will affect game time significantly because it would have a very high cooldown and steep pricetag. You won't see it that often.

Plus if Daggoth buff gets improved some more, we can see teams closing games sooner.

My point of view is to give players more choices and more consequences.

Edited by Jessika

I feel that Tass is on the "too strong" side of things, but it takes more skilled hands to demonstrate just how broke he can be. That's not to suggest that it's okay to make broken but hard to use heroes.

Someone suggested increasing the bounty on his clone and the cooldown, which would make YOLO clone plays expensive. I think that's a fair start to balancing him.

Tass is currently the most broke hero in the game. Hero can do to much. Has high damage, is hard to kill, can save allies. And to hide his only weak point, you can stick him in the jungle.

I feel like Tass has enough going on without having to spam Q if it was changed to an active... Also, we've been down that road and reverted.