Sign in to follow this  
CoolNoob

Developers!!

That requires Adam getting a new computer, which I believe he will be soon. There is a possibility that Adam is building one himself, so it will take a while. I still haven't got the chance try running sc2 on Linux while I have an exams on the next few weeks. I will try it next weekend and see where it gets me.

We could always sell some skins ultra cheap ($5) and use that for tournament prizes. (i know its illegal, thats why we wouldnt really advertise it)

Agreed

damn, wanna see this code. cause i cant even imagine how is it realised that there are too many bugs.

and really game needs some admins who will keep project alive

Heros are not really hard to deal with but other than that everything else is very unorganized and not updated since it was using old version of the editor

Moreover no one is dedicated enough to learn the full editor. I mostly work with triggers/UI/functions while Adam is primarily on hero design

Moreover no one is dedicated enough to learn the full editor. I mostly work with triggers/UI/functions while Adam is primarily on hero design

no offense, but why learn the editor of a dying game when you can learn c++ and do a lot more?

no offense, but why learn the editor of a dying game when you can learn c++ and do a lot more?

That is the exact reason why I never bother with the data editor

lel,agree about c++, code is easier and less laggy (if you can write REALLY normal code)

any programming language can produce normal code. The issue I have with the editor is that it appears as a old C syntax, but doesn't have any C features at all. Although there is many updates, the AOS is created using the very OLD version of the editor (I believe it might either the beta version or first/second stable release), and none of the old codes are ever updated, so the entire code in AOS is a gigantic mess with no documentation. Plus Blizzard is terrible with changelogs of the editor (No official documentation when they decide to update things), it is very difficult to fix certain things.

I once tried to convince FMage to revise AOS before updating it with me, but he gave up after he saw the codes.

That is the exact reason why I never bother with the data editor

any programming language can produce normal code. The issue I have with the editor is that it appears as a old C syntax, but doesn't have any C features at all. Although there is many updates, the AOS is created using the very OLD version of the editor (I believe it might either the beta version or first/second stable release), and none of the old codes are ever updated, so the entire code in AOS is a gigantic mess with no documentation. Plus Blizzard is terrible with changelogs of the editor (No official documentation when they decide to update things), it is very difficult to fix certain things.

I once tried to convince FMage to revise AOS before updating it with me, but he gave up after he saw the codes.

Good Engine + C++ = AoS without the limitations of the editor, with a non cancerous codebase and without blizzard's rules.