Sign in to follow this  
Adamantium

Changelog v1.334-v1.338

I find it easier to dive early in league due to flash, kill them and flash out with taking almost any tower shots.

If you get dived early is aos you are low hp, squishy, bad, or against a fed character. How can you not fight someone when you have 150 true damage tower shots helping. If you die under tower to more than 1 person you were out numbered and towers shouldn't be balanced around you trying to defend against multiple enemies.

I am afraid to play aos with these even stronger towers, they would just be 1 more thing i would have to try and live with.

Edited by Dresden

thanks for all the hard work. i wonder if you can buff erakul Q range from 4.6 to 5. its frustrating when chasing some one you rarely land a q hit i just wanna know what you guys think about this.

thanks for all the hard work. i wonder if you can buff erakul Q range from 4.6 to 5. its frustrating when chasing some one you rarely land a q hit i just wanna know what you guys think about this.

I'm not sure that's a very good justification. You could say buff the range on any heros skill because it's frustrating for an enemy to get away. I think as an overall hero he is in a good spot. Not OP but rarely a bad pick. His Q range sounds like it is in line with SHM range which sounds fine to me.

Speaking of which, superheated aoe is annoying sometimes. Walking past creeps and then you're slowed by marauders when you're trying to run away. TIME TO NERF IT.

Speaking of which, superheated aoe is annoying sometimes. Walking past creeps and then you're slowed by marauders when you're trying to run away. TIME TO NERF IT.

HATE when that happens with Unix. It's like, leave me alone can't you see I am trying to stalk someone?

Edited by Jessika

Any thing that promotes turtleing is boring and bad for a game imo. The towers do way to much damage atm and make it almost impossible to dive or even take a fight at them now. I guess we will just move into a split-push meta where we don't have to fight under towers.

I think the change to towers makes actual pushers somewhat relevant again and makes super tanky heroes (used as pushers) much less effective. I also think it raises the bar on plays, because you can't all die in a teamfight with 1 left and expect to win.

Here is how tower aggro works in DotA btw:

The towers will attack enemies in this order:

• Closest enemy unit or hero attacking a friendly hero with auto attack
  • Closest enemy unit or hero attacking the tower itself with auto attack
  • Closest enemy unit or hero attacking any friendly unit with auto attack
  • Closest enemy unit
  • Closest enemy hero
  • Closest enemy siege unit

The tower will switch targets if:

• The targeted enemy unit or hero dies
  • An enemy unit or hero targets a friendly hero
  • An enemy hero being attacked by the tower manually attacks a friendly unit or hero

If it really is a problem, perhaps the bolded part could be introduced as a counter measure.

Although honestly, in a full 5v5 game, towers feel perfect.

You don't think it was too easy to ignore towers before?

No? For the most part if you got dived you deserved it because you were defending a tower that you had no business defending. And the complaints I heard about towers wasn't that they didn't do enough damage, its that they died to easy. Buff backdoor resist to be like what it is in Dota if you want to fix that. Not make the towers stupidly strong.

I think the max health scaling bonus damage should stay whatever the case. It is needed. Perhaps reduce it to 1.5% increments but it definitely is needed to keep tower tanking str heroes in check. Also....

For the most part if you got dived you deserved it because you were defending a tower that you had no business defending.

giphy.gif

Edited by Jessika

How can the tower switch targets to a hero that is already being attacked by the tower?

If a tower switches targets to a hero that is already being attacked by it, how is it switching exactly?

If a tower switches targets to a hero that is already being attacked by it, how is it switching exactly?

Because it says the tower switches targets if... An enemy hero being attacked by the tower manually attacks a friendly unit or hero

Or are you saying the tower will stop attacking you if you attack one of your own creeps or a friendly hero?

Because it says the tower switches targets if... An enemy hero being attacked by the tower manually attacks a friendly unit or hero

Or are you saying the tower will stop attacking you if you attack one of your own creeps or a friendly hero?

Yeah in DotA if you force-attack one of your own it relieves you of tower aggro. You may not actually attack your friendly unit (as in deal damage), but the tower recognizes your intent immediately and stops attacking you. I don't know if such a mechanic is possible in AoS, we can definitely attack our own creeps, so maybe that much is possible at least.

What is it about this game that makes people want their hands to be held? Since early sotis the game has become much more simple in a way. Players are punished less for playing poorly, towers have become much more deadly, denying has been toned down, and more.

Towers were already strong enough to help you kill diving enemies under normal circumstances, there were countless times when i killed greedy diver with a well placed cc spell. Early game when heroes have under 1k hp 150 true damage a shot should really be enough for you to atleast get the enemy killed as well.

Just trying to reduce the amount of rage that occurs at scrubs :) since player skill is going down and all

In that instance yes it should be enough. I think it's more about mid game and afterwards that the towers seemed too easy to ignore. As long as there was someone tanky with you, you didn't have to think twice before backdooring. Now back dooring is much riskier if enemies are nearby. And heroes like Rog can't tower dive with impunity. I thought more people would prefer that tower agro meant more than it did before, after early game. Of course I can revert or lower the amount. I can have different tier towers do different scaling, or have it scale with time. There are options. I mean if most people think that having the towers do some kind of scaling damage I think we should try to balance that idea.

quistmann, don't lie you don't play this game anymore

Not true, I have played like 3 pubs in the last week. Now before that I didnt play this game anymore.

Also one of those games I enjoyed pulling people into the towers as boros for free kills :D

What is it about this game that makes people want their hands to be held? Since early sotis the game has become much more simple in a way. Players are punished less for playing poorly, towers have become much more deadly, denying has been toned down, and more.

Towers were already strong enough to help you kill diving enemies under normal circumstances, there were countless times when i killed greedy diver with a well placed cc spell. Early game when heroes have under 1k hp 150 true damage a shot should really be enough for you to atleast get the enemy killed as well.

I disagree. It's one thing to be punished poorly for bad plays, and another to lose all 3 towers or your whole base after one mistake. Or being able to tower dive with impunity in the first 15 minutes. Towers are also there to defend you defending it defending the base.

Towers in other games don't deal as much damage as AoS but towers in the games have other tools, like fortification, insane BD resistance/regeneration, armor auras for allies, and stuff like buyback really change the defensive strategies.

In AoS:

Towers melt, to everyone, not just the pusher class because of bonus damage heroes do to them.

There is no buyback.

There is no universal way to teleport to towers quickly to defend them.

Tower resistance is relatively average or low, and BD protection does not recover lost health.

No tower bonuses, auras, fortification.

Towers IMO need the scaling heroic damage to balance things out. If anything, you have to play smarter now than before.

At worst, the scaling damage could be fine-tuned to 1/1.5/2 for the T1/T2/T3 towers, but I would hesitate to jump the gun on that so soon and just wait and see some new meta possibly evolve out of this. Change is good.

Edited by Jessika

I just noted a recent change to Artanis W's INT scaling going up to 150%. Is that wise?

I mean if you go full blown INT Artanis (with let's say around at least 500 INT), you are looking at over 1000 AoE spell damage dealt before reductions and before spell amp (from his own spell pen and items). This is all from a non-ult skill.