Sign in to follow this  
DutchOvenPro

Where in the world is Atomik

I've been reading most of the balance discussions. I had time to patch the last couple days but I honestly felt like relaxing instead of working and now I have another couple days of school work coming up. So I don't have a definite time as to when I'll patch.

Ohhh where'd you go, I miss you so, seems like it's been forever, since you've been home

understandable, people complain and don't understand what goes in to fixing or changing things... this is why I don't complain...

And complain about certain heroes... Adam has feels too! Time to repair the feels and give Adam motivates! Everyone shower Adam with your adoration! :D

And complain about certain heroes... Adam has feels too! Time to repair the feels and give Adam motivates! Everyone shower Adam with your adoration! :D

Hey-I-Love-You-So-Much-298.png

@dutch Yeah I but some complaining is necessary when things are too strong or broken or whatever. Just people's word choices and attitudes sometimes makes me feel like not doing a single thing to correct the issue they are complaining about.

Lol thanks but that's not necessary Jaysi. I can't promise I'll make any major changes any time soon but some balance adjusts can happen soon.

Remove all admins, make Jessika new co-Admin and Jaysi senior mod. Profit? Need someone to be able to tell Xion objectively to stfu. This game is dying cause only 2 people are working on it. SCV + Adam ain't enough to keep AoS alive. Mumble is already dead. Need a community organiser, Destroyer is an arite guy.

Oh I usually don't take xion seriously lol. He has rarely, if ever, annoyed me. I'm pretty sure the game isn't dying because of the lack of development. People who want to play, play regardless. But there aren't that many players anymore.

Remove all admins, make Jessika new co-Admin and Jaysi senior mod. Profit? Need someone to be able to tell Xion objectively to stfu. This game is dying cause only 2 people are working on it. SCV + Adam ain't enough to keep AoS alive. Mumble is already dead. Need a community organiser, Destroyer is an arite guy.

Not sure if serious but I'm not really admin material. I enjoy my independence too much. But I also love AoS, like a lot. I've donated my time, money, ideas, and work without ever asking for recognition or recompense. But so did so many others through out the game's history and many still are now. So I don't think it is fair to say that the game is dying because the game has 2 people working on it. AoS has been and still is the culmination of a lot of ideas and effort from a lot of people past and present, and Adam is our fulcrum right now, holding it all together. He (and SCV) are doing fine by the way.

What's happening to AoS though has been happening for many years and it's predictably normal Just do a quick search on the forums just to see how many "aos is dying" or "aos is dead" threads have been made in in the last few years. We're still here. But - Nothing lasts forever. Just enjoy it for what it is now.

I do agree that we need a better organizer for lobbies. A new approach to organizing to bring together the remaining active players for the best quality pubs. Because pubs is mostly where it is at right now.

Edited by Jessika

I am serious. We have not had many willing to put massive effort into the game outside of the devs for over 2 years. Reasoning? Barely anyone who puts effort into this game is ever recognised. EVER. The cards have always been kept close to the chest, EKCO point blank fearing people having 'power get to their heads'. Those who do put the effort get fed up eventually..Sphynx/SA.

Today we need someone else. We need someone willing to tell the disorganised masses playing AoS; get on mumble. We need someone to organise the community. We need someone interact with the community. IDGAF if they go on a Nazi rampage and make everyone conform to Mumble or GTFO. We need someone to save this community. According to some EU contacts EU IHs still take place and I'm sure players are still on Mumble. But the sad thing is people are like sheep, as soon as you see 5 people on Mumble every night people stop coming on. I am sure there are people here, on Mumble and IG but they just need a shepherd. If Adam doesn't have time/fed up with the game, then he needs to recruit someone else. HYLY/Zeratul/Jaysi/Debil and many others still play this game? Why not start with them?

Isaiah 40

Like a shepherd He will tend His flock, In His arm He will gather the lambs And carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes.

Edited by Goofy

WOWWWWWWWWWWW people normally know when I make a serious post and when I make a troll post JUSSTTTTT SAYINGGGGGGG. And SCV not doing anything so just let jessika replace him. I bet Jessika make draft mode in one afternoon. Wait didn't SCV say it was in beta and going live 'for real this time guys' a month and half ago?

WOWWWWWWWWWWW people normally know when I make a serious post and when I make a troll post JUSSTTTTT SAYINGGGGGGG. And SCV not doing anything so just let jessika replace him. I bet Jessika make draft mode in one afternoon. Wait didn't SCV say it was in beta and going live 'for real this time guys' a month and half ago?

Lol, I know shap about triggers and coding in the galaxy editor. Never really tried or wanted to learn them. I can navigate all other parts of the editor fairly competently though. Even back in the day when I was doing WC3 mods with a team of people (at the The War Center, at the same time Eul was conceiving DotA and it's sequel no less), I was usually in charge of the terrain, and a bulk of the brainstorming (especially all the write ups).

I will say this about draft mode, is that it's value to AoS depreciates the smaller the community becomes. If mumble (which I haven't been on in years) is really dying or dead now, draft mode will become meaningless to most of the remaining player pool. The sooner it's out the better, and SCV did say that's almost done so just wait it out guys. I think this next patch will be a good one and push the game forward.

interface plays pretty large role on whether a game will last long or not

I'm pretty sure just by fixing rank system, banning trolls and implementing draft mode(even drafting players) will get aos back to one of top 7 arcade

Balance issue between heroes is such a minor issue when we're trying to 'save' aos

Edited by OPReN

interface plays pretty large role on whether a game will last long or not

I'm pretty sure just by fixing rank system, banning trolls and implementing draft mode(even drafting players) will get aos back to one of top 7 arcade

Balance issue between heroes is such a minor issue when we're trying to 'save' aos

Ranked System:

Reset ranks for all players to some arbitrary number like 1000.

Winning = +25

Losing = 0

Quitting = -75

If you reach some other arbitrary number (like 2500), you unlock an alt skin for most every character. Something basic and not time consuming to implement.

This is a much friendlier and effective ranking system for our current circumstance.

Banning trolls:

The best that can be done (autokick) can and has been implemented.

A kick system for the players could be implemented but that probably another can of worms altogether.

People who troll lobbies are not in the jurisdiction of the game developers. This has been made clear time and time again. The best we as a community can do is mass reports, possibly making a thread about it on the bnet forums, and just make a very inclusive group to circumvent lobby trolls. This way we can just create private lobbies made up of members of this group. This group of course isn't for "good" or skilled players, but rather for anyone who wants to play AoS troll free - no matter the skill level.

Draft Mode:

Coming Soon.

I remember a Blizz dev being part of some charity custom map stream? Ask him to ban some of the peepees ruining lobbies. Kicking people out of lobbies to prevent ANY game starting is not trolling, it is griefing.

you guys realize that all this harking on SCV about draft mode is exactly the toxic environment that makes it so people dont want to invest in the game. If you're truly interested in it and excited for it, than just message him and say your looking forward to it and see if there is anything you can help with. ie does he need a beta tester etc. The forums are more for things that need discussion rather than "hey how come nothing is getting done". If that was the case, than your post should end with I want to help, how can I help and make it happen. Same with thinking we need more developers, instead of nominating other players, you should be nominating yourself.

I don't think anyone nominated Sphynx to become a community leader, but he set up IHs for months, recruited pubstars, got them on mumble and setup the ELO system. This is the same for Atomik, SCV, Jaysi, and all the other developers that have worked on the game and the community and got us this far.

Just be grateful for what we have and stop complaining about what you want. Maybe if we started to treat our developers better we wouldn't always burn through them.

Just my 2 cents.

i am pretty sure scv knows people are just jokingly giving him a hard time for draft mode, people have said how they are looking forward to it and like that he is making it.

There's a point where jokes start to rub a person raw. Yea we can make a few odd jokes, but their have been a few posts that would upset anyone who's put a significant amount of time into this game. Just look at Redhydra and all of the jokes he was the butt of that certainly diminished his interest in this game/community.

I still say give jessika scv spot. Jessika isn't even a developer or admin and has done more in a month that SCV has for his 5-6 months as admin. THAT I am not JOKING about