1. 1. When will SCV finish draft mode?

• 1 Week
    • 1 month
    • 1 Year
    • I didnt know SCV was actually working on draft mode
    • When Adam stops being Black
    • My name is SCV and I eat bugs

Ah just like it would be done before tournament 3 months ago

Xion, I already said it more than once, if you think you are a better person to finish draft mode, I will gladly give you what I have and you can finish it. Otherwise, shut the flob up.

Edited by SCV

Xion, I already said it more than once, if you think you are a better person to finish draft mode, I will gladly give you what I have and you can finish it. Otherwise, shut the flob up.

Oh I def can't do that, But I think it is a waste of time since I am pretty sure no one will use it either way.

Edited by BlackXioN

Why would you NOT use it? Draft mode would guarantee ALL drafts to be MUCH faster.

Lol in what way? The thing that holds up drafts the most is the people picking or waiting for AFK team mates, draft mode changes this in now way. I admit it is a cool feature if it works properly but I think drafting will still be done the way it is, especially since most drafting is done while some of the team mates are afk or in different games saying " ill come when drafting is done "

Edited by BlackXioN

Lol in what way? The thing that holds up drafts the most is the people picking or waiting for AFK team mates, draft mode changes this in now way. I admit it is a cool feature if it works properly but I think drafting will still be done the way it is, especially since most drafting is done while some of the team mates are afk or in different games saying " ill come when drafting is done "

Then those guys should stop making everyone wait for them.

Implementing a draft mode will drastically reduce the amount of time the draft takes, because there will be a timer on each pick and ban. No more waiting five minutes for one pick or ban, regardless of the reason.

Implementing a draft mode will drastically reduce the amount of time the draft takes, because there will be a timer on each pick and ban. No more waiting five minutes for one pick or ban, regardless of the reason.

So someone doesnt pick in time and rage leaves, then it has to be remade. GG

I agree with Black and have had the same thoughts since the original time allowed for picks was set so low.

You're going to have players who won't tell you what they can play or can't play the hero you draft and then they rage quit. The quantity and inherently the quality of players around for IH nowadays is just way too low to expect this to work.

Maybe if the IH mentality can be changed enough that people stop going afk or are ok with playing heroes subparly, then this will result in more and quicker IH's, but not necessarily having more quality games.

I agree with Black and have had the same thoughts since the original time allowed for picks was set so low.

You're going to have players who won't tell you what they can play or can't play the hero you draft and then they rage quit. The quantity and inherently the quality of players around for IH nowadays is just way too low to expect this to work.

Maybe if the IH mentality can be changed enough that people stop going afk or are ok with playing heroes subparly, then this will result in more and quicker IH's, but not necessarily having more quality games.

Well you can thank very lackluster leadership for that. The fact that players who have been around for years still only play one (maybe two) roles, which are usually 1 or 2 of farming carry, mid and jungle is totally pathetic.

It is because the figureheads of the communities actually give a flob about ingame KDA, so they don't want to play support heroes, don't want to play sololane unless they have EGEL matchup, etc. That doesn't go for everyone, but it has been an issue among many "top" players for a long flobing time.

Then there is the fact that people are allowed to get away with their shapty "I play these four/five heroes" in party chat, because the captains let them. Just pick them whatever fits the lineup and then they can flobing learn new shap. It isn't that hard, really. If you ragequit cause you don't get one of your however many heroes you are pathetic and you need to change your mindset.

Then you have the guys playing support heroes and refuse to actually yolo in(and thus do their job), or are playing farming roles and are scared to go in with their initiator. This is seen way too flobing often and is because the "caring about stats" mentality of the several high-tier players just trickles down.

Several games feel like they're less about winning and more about not dying.

"But we just play to have fun" and you're absolutely flobing right, but that doesn't mean the draft has to take twenty or thirty minutes. It's a HUGE turnoff for a lot of players and, like Adam said, probably a BIG reason in why so many people would rather remain in their pub, or indeed remain afk, while the draft is going on, because it takes so flobing long to complete.

People need to stop associating high kda with having fun. It's this idiotic idea that you can't be negative stats and still have a good game or indeed just be even stats and actually carrying your team. It's this idea that you have to be 10-0 in order to have fun, and then game isn't fun when you aren't.

Fun can be have a plethora on heroes and I would be more lenient towards never players in terms of heropool, but the older ones who still play just whatever and refuse to do anything else is flobing retarded. Same people then laugh about other peoples stats after the game. THAT is the flobing reason nobody wants to sololane non-favoured matchups. THAT is the reason nobody wants to play support.

There are MANY players who EASILY have the skill to play whatever hero in the game, but just don't want to fill real initiator roles or indeed actually play support or aura-whoring heroes.

They are the same idiots who then buy superheated mantle (though experience being granted after death in case of assist makes this item a fair choice sometimes, sadly) and omniscience on supports and then run around thinking that "placing one ward every four minutes is enough support" before they buy their organic carapace.

Edited by Soedenone

doesn't mean the draft has to take twenty or thirty minutes. It's a HUGE turnoff for a lot of players and, like Adam said, probably a BIG reason in why so many people would rather remain in their pub

Just my 2-bits, this is a nice description of my life in regards to this game. I often sit down with about 1 hour to play a game. If I spend 20 minutes drafting, then I wouldn't have time to finish a game. So I don't really bother trying to IH. I do look forward to the new draft mode, and I hope to get to play drafted 'somewhat' even games going forward, and hopefully I can get into more IH now. :-)

Edited by king

Then there is the fact that people are allowed to get away with their shapty "I play these four/five heroes" in party chat, because the captains let them. Just pick them whatever fits the lineup and then they can flobing learn new shap. It isn't that hard, really. If you ragequit cause you don't get one of your however many heroes you are pathetic and you need to change your mindset.

I have to disagree with you a little bit soed, like you said later that the game is about having fun, and for some people playing certain roles is not fun. It is not fun to play something you dont like or that you are bad at. I wouldnt waste an hour of my life not having fun.

On another note, if you are bad at a hero (at least back when I was playing) people will rage at you (which is also not fun) for not playing well so why would you play a hero that you are not confident with.

I rarely ihed just because the drafts take way too flobing long

Just my 2-bits, this is a nice description of my life in regards to this game. I often sit down with about 1 hour to play a game. If I spend 20 minutes drafting, then I wouldn't have time to finish a game. So I don't really bother trying to IH. I do look forward to the new draft mode, and I hope to get to play drafted 'somewhat' even games going forward, and hopefully I can get into more IH now. :-)

Exactly. I am usually watching some kind of football, doing work or simply browsing the net during the draft, unless I am captain. It takes an ungodly amount of time.

I have to disagree with you a little bit soed, like you said later that the game is about having fun, and for some people playing certain roles is not fun. It is not fun to play something you dont like or that you are bad at. I wouldnt waste an hour of my life not having fun.

But isn't there a disconnect here?

People playing inhouse should have fun because of the organized environment, the competitive nature, strategic decisions and the people they play with. Inhouse is supposed to be fun in and of itself.

If you only have fun on a very select few heroes, then why not just stay in pub? If inhouse adds nothing to your enjoyment?

On another note, if you are bad at a hero (at least back when I was playing) people will rage at you (which is also not fun) for not playing well so why would you play a hero that you are not confident with.

Then obviously those people are idiots and should be told so.

There are two ways to "rage", one of which is fair and the other one, which is what you describe, obviously isn't. To clarify, it is never "fair" to use namecalling or shap like that, but instead to express frustration.

It is "fair" to rage if a guy is simply deciding not to fill his role (for example an initiator refusing to initiate, because he doesn't want to die" whereas it is not "fair" to rage if a guy is simply playing poorly because he is a poor player / inexperienced on a hero (for example an initiator trying his best to initiate, but simply failing or flobing it up somehow)

Well, let's hope for a major mentality change then :)

All you need to hope for is a mentality change among the higher-tier players, as it will affect everyone else naturally.

Sadly that will NOT happen, because it has NOT happened already and most of those players have been around for YEARS.

I rarely ihed just because the drafts take way too flobing long

Indeed. I think the same goes for A LOT of other players. I wouldn't inhouse either, if not for the fact that I have ZERO fun in pub games. For me, inhouses are ten times more enjoyable.

I think it is pretty funny how some members here are all up in arms about "Uh I have to go in 1 hour" or "Uh I don't have a lot of time", which is fair - but then they aren't sympathetic to the plight of people like you who simply don't have the time (or the patience) to wait for a draft taking that long.

So my main point about people rage quitting because they won't tell you a hero or be able to play a hero stems from when we only have 8 or 9 players for an IH and then we invite that last person who is kind of an unknown or a scrub/pub star and we have no idea what they can play etc and they either rage at their hero or feed. I'm not referring to high level players, if they rage because they don't want to play a certain hero or not take the game serious then flob them, remake without them, there's a ton of high level/old players who do this and get away with it.

So my main point about people rage quitting because they won't tell you a hero or be able to play a hero stems from when we only have 8 or 9 players for an IH and then we invite that last person who is kind of an unknown or a scrub/pub star and we have no idea what they can play etc and they either rage at their hero or feed. I'm not referring to high level players, if they rage because they don't want to play a certain hero or not take the game serious then flob them, remake without them, there's a ton of high level/old players who do this and get away with it.

Yeah. Like I already said: I wholly understand being a scrub and then asking for just a hero, two or three in the hopes that you won't flob up. I get that.

I was talking about the same regular inhousers you are. Those people are toxic idiots and what a lot of people don't seem to understand is that remaking without them / kicking them for being asshats isn't something detrimental to a small community like ours, but instead extremely beneficial: BECAUSE THEY WILL STOP. And if they don't, by some miraculous amount of childishness, then cutting out the cancer from a small community is MUCH BETTER than letting it fester and spread.

Edited by Soedenone

But isn't there a disconnect here?

People playing inhouse should have fun because of the organized environment, the competitive nature, strategic decisions and the people they play with. Inhouse is supposed to be fun in and of itself.

If you only have fun on a very select few heroes, then why not just stay in pub? If inhouse adds nothing to your enjoyment?

Because It isnt fun to play 3v5 every game... the reason to play ih is that it will be 5v5 and semi balanced most games. This cannot happen in pubs

Then obviously those people are idiots and should be told so.

There are two ways to "rage", one of which is fair and the other one, which is what you describe, obviously isn't. To clarify, it is never "fair" to use namecalling or shap like that, but instead to express frustration.

It is "fair" to rage if a guy is simply deciding not to fill his role (for example an initiator refusing to initiate, because he doesn't want to die" whereas it is not "fair" to rage if a guy is simply playing poorly because he is a poor player / inexperienced on a hero (for example an initiator trying his best to initiate, but simply failing or flobing it up somehow)

The problem is people dont do that. They rage whether you are screwing up because you arent trying or screwing up because you are not good enough or experienced enough to play the hero. This makes nobody want to play a hero they arent familiar with. It seems the real problem here is the community.

Because It isnt fun to play 3v5 every game... the reason to play ih is that it will be 5v5 and semi balanced most games. This cannot happen in pubs

So you don't think inhouses are actually fun to play? They are just less unfun than unbalanced pub games? That sucks man, why are you playing inhouses at all, if that is the case?

The problem is people dont do that. They rage whether you are screwing up because you arent trying or screwing up because you are not good enough or experienced enough to play the hero. This makes nobody want to play a hero they arent familiar with. It seems the real problem here is the community.

I'm sure it happens and those people are idiots. It is back to people caring about stats and being overall idiots.

I used to be a big "rager" myself, but even then I wasn't raging at people for being bad; but instead for refusing to follow calls and not doing what they were supposed to do on their given heroes.

The problem IS the community and it always has been. It trickles down from the top. If mentality changes among the highest tier of inhousers, that will affect the regular more average ones as well as the newer players.