Strength Hero Database Updated/Tooltip Errors/Balance Suggestions

Jaysi

So I just finished going through all strength heroes in the game and updated the hero database with all of the changes that have been missed since it's creation. I've noted a few tooltip errors/inconsistencies. I've also had a few balance ideas that popped in my head based on reading through some of the numbers/tinkering.

Agility/Int heroes coming... sometime...

Tooltip Errors/Inconsistencies

Drake

E – Tooltip doesn’t specify that the damage only effects nearby enemies that attack him as opposed to any enemy that attacks him. Or range.

R – Says remain buried for… Should maybe change buried to a more technical term(buried might make people think he becomes burrowed/cloaked). Remains immobile and uncontrollable for…

Balrog

Q – energy cost goes up by 6 for every level except level 4, which goes up by 8. As noted by Quistmann and confirmed by me.

Tychus

Q – Level 1 lists level 1 as dealing 40 damage when every other level lists level 1 dealing 20 damage. Database lists it at 40, let me know which is correct. CD’s are 7/6/6/5 Should at least try to go down half a second between the middle two or something.

Vorpal

E – Similar situation to Tychus Q, CD’s are 9/8/8/7

Cain

Heroic Passive – Doesn’t list the percentage that movement speed is slowed in tooltip or database.

W – Wording/grammar is incorrect.

Starscream

Heroic Passive – Presently says he gains 0.5% health regen. Seems confusing to me. Should include the word max or regenerates 0.5% if his maximum hp per second.

Q(assault mode) – Energy cost is 60/75/90/115. Level 4 energy increases by 25 as opposed to 15

Brine

W – Energy costs are 75/90/102/120. Odd increments.

Marine King

Q – CD’s are 15/13/12/10 odd increments.

Immortal

R – Tooltip doesn’t specify energy cost on any level(database has 20% listed). Tooltip also lists +5% max energy damage on all level’s tooltips, despite upgrade tooltip listing it as 5/7.5/10%.

Dehaka

W – CD’s are 7/7/6/6

Khyrak

W – Should note that it resets AA cooldown in tooltip.

Pyro

W – Energy costs are not listed at any level. Database needs to be updated with these values.

Yig

R – Why is damage applied every half second as opposed to traditional per 1 second?

Viron

W – Can you put a ranger indicato when he is using this ability to determine how far you can jump?

R – Custom range indicator for this please :)

Balance Stuff

Cow

W – CD is a constant 9 seconds through all levels along with 65 energy cost. Seems like something that should have a higher CD at lower levels to encourage upgrading it/make more of a pro/con. Pretty easy to just put one point in it early and never worry about it until much later if using mostly for utility which doesn’t currently scale.

Cain

R – Energy cost is 15 at all levels. That’s just silly low, unless it costs him 15 energy per AA.

Starscream

E – CD is running during the entire duration of flight mode. Recommend pausing cooldown until flight mode has ended and reducing CD from current 35 seconds at all levels. This allows people to cancel out of flight mode early and be able to have it up again sooner as opposed to just sitting in flight mode and having the same CD as if you canceled. Gives a little more versatile play to him and overall shouldn’t allow more flight time than current.

Extra’s:

I also believe I found Adam’s ninja buffs.

Dehaka

W – Heal 40/55/70/85 (+8% missing health) -> 40/55/70/85 (+8/8.75/9.5/10.25% missing health)

CD 7 -> 7/7/6/6

Edited by Jaysi

I see I have some cleaning up to do. Also Yig's ult isn't the only thing that deals damage every half second. Many things that say they do X per second actually do (1/2)X per half second because it feels smoother. I'll give some clarity on the tooltips and fix some stuff later. Good post.

Also Yig's ult isn't the only thing that deals damage every half second. Many things that say they do X per second actually do (1/2)X per half second because it feels smoother.

I figured that, but still silly to throw the damage in a tooltip like that :)

No comment on Dehaka? Lol

About tooltip..

I still disagree with exponential function on it.

I mean how the flob am i supposed to calculate damage after reading it?

Whic is the whole point of tooltip

Just have it auto calculate like Lol :)

Edited by Jaysi

Okay, so I added the range on drake's tooltip, which is 4.

Balrog's energy now will go up by 6 for level 4 as well.

Tychus Q is doing 40 damage not 20. The CD is currently 6.5, 6, 5.5, 5. But the tooltips can only display integer values which are rounded so keep that in mind with the other CDs as well.

Same with Vorpal who's e CD is 8.5/ 8/ 7.5/ 7

Cain HP: is a 50% slow (updated in game tooltip)

W: Updated tooltip: [Passive] Your attacks apply a stack of Frostbite up to 8x and deal bonus Spell Damage per stack. Frostbite lasts for 6s

Spell Damage: 8 / 14 / 20 / 26 (+1% Target Current Health)

Starscream: HP: updated tooltip: [Passive] If Starscream has not been damaged for 6s, he regenerates 0.5% Max Health per second.

Q: Changed energy cost increase to 15 for level 4

Brine: W: Level 3 cost 102 -> 105

Marine King:

Q: CDs are actually 14.5/ 13/ 11.5/ 10

Immortal R: Energy cost is 20%. The ability is made like every other ability so I'm not sure why it doesn't show on tooltip. It is 5% Max Energy Scaling.

Dehaka: CDs are 7/ 6.5/ 6/ 5.5

Khyrak: W - I don't think it's necessary.

Pyro: W - Energy costs are 100/ 115/ 130/ 145

Yig: R - Change tooltip to per second from per half second.

Viron W: I might have done this, maybe it will work, maybe it won't :)

R: Um what do you want it to indicate?

Ahh yea omly integers displaying crossed my mind but you see decimals when it's actually counting down so I assumed they would show when not counting as well.

Khyrak W - that just popped in my head because some hero in HotS had a similar ability that caused your next attack to hit instantly with another effect.

Viron R - the spiral pattern of flight that he will take upon activation of course :)

Edit: so have you investigated leaver bonus, starscream Q damage, or varying damage done to bosses?

Edited by Jaysi

The range indicator and the Max will be after the 2nd revolution only 2nd because when he tries to do a third one, he will stop in the middle of it maybe when viron spins, a range indicator shows up only for him, just like ferals ulti

Ahh yea omly integers displaying crossed my mind but you see decimals when it's actually counting down so I assumed they would show when not counting as well.

Khyrak W - that just popped in my head because some hero in HotS had a similar ability that caused your next attack to hit instantly with another effect.

Viron R - the spiral pattern of flight that he will take upon activation of course :)

Edit: so have you investigated leaver bonus, starscream Q damage, or varying damage done to bosses?

About viron, idk about making the max range being of where he stops because it wouldn't be even with the rest of spin