Sign in to follow this  
MOTHER

AoS Visual-Aesthetic Update for 2016

Hey Jessika, I suggested a bunch of ideas of skin to syrups, want me to pm u them?

Also, I cannot believe that you didn't mention a viron remodel with the blightbringer...

And perhaps use the new siege tank model from ghost to use

Edited by accountzZ

If it's any consolation Harry, I ended up using some of the BLightbringer's assets. Now Viron has a unique soundset, portrait, and model death animation.

Some goodies for Brine, Raynor, Greelus, Zyrkhan and others will make their way soon too hopefully.

Edited by Jessika

uJ0BAqu.jpg

Experimenting here. What do you think of this lane creep arrangement?

The Arbiter and Guardian would be the new siege creeps, functionally they would be identical to the current siege creeps.

For the mega creeps of each team, there would be 1 type of mega creep. Colossus for Protoss and Praetorian (aka Primal Hive) for Zerg. Both share stats and a short range auto attack (3u), that's halfway between melee and full blown ranged attack. In this experiment, the choice of suppressor would impact the lane with the type of buff it generates for its creep spawns. The Mega creep would spawn regardless of which suppressor you decide to take out.

The aesthetic choice behind this is give the mega creep a 'end boss'-like quality and to avoid re-using the ultralisk and archon models for mega creeps since they overlap with Vorpal and Timmy - Both of whom could make use of those models as potential reskins.

Edited by Jessika

I dont see the Left 2 die models here (special infested)

Ecko used the stank model as the spell resistance mega creep when aos was in WoL expo

You could use the hunterling skin for brutalisk and give him a trail of green stuff when he jumps

Also, if you are going to use the colossus as a mega creep, please dont make its lasers sweep like it usually does which implies that it is suppose to be a aoe attack

I think the ultralisk should stay because it is more fitting to lead the creep wave than the building-like primal hive, plus its a primal or different faction and seems slower than the ultralisk to be going into battle, also I think the hydralisk creep should be brought back because a locust compare to a dragoon does not have a bigger chance than a hydralisk, if you did not want to use the ultralisk model, try the swarm host model and maybe keep the locusts

Edited by accountzZ

b59x8ZL.jpg

Some visual updates for an upcoming patch, this is possibly what we've got so far. Gotta get these out of the way so we can move on to the AoS Visual/Aesthetic Update for 2017! Left to right, top to bottom.

Lord Zyrkhan sporting a new look, no longer sharing models with the Zealot creep. His weapon really gives him that "lord" feel and he looks fabulous in motion!

Vorpal is feeling horny lately. (missing is his trigger induced special effects, he's still dark af)

Viron sporting an improved texture. Missing from the photo is his new portrait, unique sound files, and his new gruesome death animation.

Crackling and the gang's wings are in bloom at last!

Brine follows Vorpal's suit and is too feeling horny lately. The roachlings from the lane are jealous.

Greelus' Silencer Drones aren't knock offs of Dustin's drone anymore.

Raynor's Raiders got a facelift to differentiate them from neutrals.

Narud's Locus of Power!

Queen's Biomass!

@Harry

The Colossus' attack won't be a sweeping thermal lance, rather just a single target beam.

Re: Ultra/Hydra

I'm personally not a fan of reusing assets unnecessarily. It takes away from the whole and doesn't give the game that smooth finishing. We have an abundance of assets right now, and since this game is ultimately about heroes fighting one another, they should get priority when it comes to these assets. Lane creeps are secondary and just fodder.I thought about the Swarm Host and even the Ravager, but I'm hoping Adam will use them for heroes down the line. We haven't had a zerg or terran hero in ages.

Edited by Jessika

I don't think the Left 2 Die models are part of the regular SC2 dependencies. They seem to be tied to an L2D mod that is separate. I may be able to import just the models we could use, cuz I am hesitant to add more dependencies to AoS.

I think the Hunterling and Infestor at least would be worthy additions as a Brutalisk and Unix alt skins respectively. They are two of the handful of heroes who are lacking a proper alt.

A_Happy_Family.jpg

That Overseer is also delicious.

Edited by Jessika

Actually, Darpa uses the Merc Reaper model which is part of vanilla SC2.

Anyway, Aeren would like this...

Tk8Qb98.jpg

Tal'darim, Deluxe Edition, and the Purifier one which was posted earlier.

DDnS5my.jpg

Yay or nay? I like it better for the main model. It's more dragon-like.

Look at those horns!

Z7Mtkyy.jpg

Edited by Jessika

The proportions of the terrain objects/structures relative to the heroes was done purposefully to make the map feel more immersive or "realistic" (I use that loosely). Mainly because the Protoss and Zerg bases are indoor environments and the proportions of everything else is built around that.

Having said that, I hope now that I set up the outline emitters and outline occlusions of each of the units, heroes, and each of the obstructive doodads (literally you have to do this one by one), your experience with the battlefield will improve. Give it another chance after the next patch and we'll take it from there. :)

For the alt skins I am pushing for getting them out of the way before the end of the year. By this I mean making all existing alt skins accessible to the community and adding as many as possible to the existing cast.

The big map however will happen as part of a big update early next year.

Edited by Jessika

Uhm, i think we all appreciate the effort the developers do without geting any money for it. That is why i think you should sell the skins and that way get some incoming for all the work you guys are doing. Somethink like HOTS does.

Selling skins I think violates Blizzard's rules. I also don't think it's appropriate personally. This isn't work for me anyway, it's a hobby and the fun I get out of it is payment enough. I think all devs who worked on this game feel the same in one way or another.

For the alt skins I am pushing for getting them out of the way before the end of the year. By this I mean making all existing alt skins accessible to the community and adding as many as possible to the existing cast.

The big map however will happen as part of a big update early next year.

OKAY! the next year also there come new heroes? Who? I think certainly comes, Vorazun, Karax, Fenix etc.!

Maybe in there ends December I look all heroes from AOS and write forum which Helde ability should change or improve!

Maybe:

Barlog Brutalizer

Viron Volkov

Terra Nova Ult?

Alex Stukov

Emil Narud

Edited by IljaHi

I can't say comment on that really. That's Adam's domain. I'm more inclined towards how things look, and can only make suggestions about gameplay. Personally, I am dying for a new support hero.

I want Karax, but since the last two heroes were Protoss, I'm hoping we get a Zerg hero (Overseer!) or Hybrid.Nemesis!

Edited by Jessika

Since nothing is set in stone, Nemesis could be a caster, carry, or support really. I see him more as a support caster.

Anyway, I put together a final overview of alt skins in AoS. Alt skins available for everyone but the following:

Bio

Balrog (Working on it)

Chuck

Tychus

Dehaka

Yig

Viron

Alarak

Artanis

Boros

Tass

Tosh