Sign in to follow this  
Saltis

Appeal to AoS/Sotis developers (the only reason made this account)

Saltis   

Let me introduce myself a bit and sorry for my English, I am from EU.

Well, I am from the era of TungVu, Cats and other old time Sotis/SC2 players whom most of us don't exist in SC2 environment anymore. Ha, those days we even had to borrow somebody's accounts to play Sotis Inhouse EU vs NA. Back then I had over 40 active friends on my account who actively played WoL MP and little by little went on to play SOTIS v3.1 Those were glorious days! The game wasn't balanced (like Mandrake's lance range of 13 and you could have 3 Mandrakes on the map) but it was the best time for the community. We used to play Sotis 3.1 day, evening, night then would get some rest and play again.

Then we got a promise of Sotis v4.0. It was intriguing, but it came at the price. Game was overhauled, rebalanced and with new mechanics. It was interesting but NOT fun. It wasn't appealing either because it WASN'T fun. Sotis 4.0 was designed with the idea of E-Sports based on Sotis 3.1 success and not community. Eventually, me and later most of my friends went on to play back then dumb looking League of Legends but FUN to play. I came back, I came back for SC2 MP but not my friends...

SOTIS paved the way for SC2 community to transit to LOL instead of ensuring the game to become a spiritual successor of DOTA1. It was a big blunder on both sides - Sotis Modders and Blizzard for overlooked great opportunity.

My current appeal is this - IS THERE ANY CHANCE you still can upload Sotis v3.1 at least for the release of LotV? Who knows, maybe not everything been lost. Maybe some of the old timers will get LotV and out of nostalgia will look for Sotis again?

ps. Was thinking to write this stuff years ago but never thought it would make a difference. This time LotV is about to be released with a fresh hope for old things.

Edited by Saltis

ZERATUL   

Its not without a hope but meh dont see who would put so much time into it.

Tbh best thing for LOTV would be to completely change how map workds(lot less laggy, if im not mistaken like wrath did with RoA)

SCV   

Don't know if ekco saved sotis somewhere else. The oldest map I see is AOS v1_201. Even if that is sotis, it would be unplayable with all the bugs.

SCV   

So one hero is op, then we should buff all 59 other heroes?

That is THE developer's dream :)

Edited by SCV

Francuz   

AoS before November 2012 update was the most fun version I played (pre Massamune). Also time where Nova/Darpa/Vergil hadn't been nerfed to the ground by a salty admin.

Oh yes, it was pretty fun. I loved the times when you just used vergil R as a blink to escape xD Well it was even funnier to push top & bot lane at the same time with multiple ultralisk while standing in the pool as a queen xD

ZERATUL   

Why not just make everything OP and then nothing will be op but everything will be strong & fun to play?

When did we take the turn into nerfs instead of buffing other heroes so they can stand toe to toe?

Can you pls explain what exactly you mean by OP, if only in terms of dmg/tankiness then u guys rly dont know what fun game means.

Id like to see some funny things as unix marines blocking path, drakes e, etc...Map could also change

Edited by ZERATUL

Francuz   

Can you pls explain what exactly you mean by OP, if only in terms of dmg/tankiness then u guys rly dont know what fun game means.

What I mean is that I want all heroes to have impact in the game. Damage is important but it doesn't bring as much fun as instant vortex or stepping strikes. Yeah my fav hero shadow, the old shadow ^^

I don't know what is fun? Come on, who else went full tank shadow or 5 int composition xD

I did block cain with scv's and he died to the tower, it was so funny. Where is this garamond 'that pushes the tower- no matter if you are there or not'.

If the team feeds are your are not fat yourself I find it uterrly hard to come back whereas before it was possible. Not playing pubs as much so I might not know how it actually is right now.

What I mean is that I want all heroes to have impact in the game. Damage is important but it doesn't bring as much fun as instant vortex or stepping strikes. Yeah my fav hero shadow, the old shadow ^^

I don't know what is fun? Come on, who else went full tank shadow or 5 int composition xD

I did block cain with scv's and he died to the tower, it was so funny. Where is this garamond 'that pushes the tower- no matter if you are there or not'.

If the team feeds are your are not fat yourself I find it uterrly hard to come back whereas before it was possible. Not playing pubs as much so I might not know how it actually is right now.

Several of the things that you listed are things that i considered not fun back in the day

CoolNoob   

I been away just because the game kept getting crazier due to lag , bm , OP shap but aye we been since the beguinning of the game almost 6 years still 5 and its been great to still see ppl around, we are Life famm these days...

att: the real MVP

Dresden   

can't use up wrath all right now, wait a while after lotv comes out when blizzard has really screwed shap up and then have him fix everything

Edited by Dresden