Sign in to follow this  
Francuz

Support Heroes assists

Well to make the long story short.

I was playing a pub as egon and drake who was under my healing killed someone. No assist for me, is this balanced?

Buff support heroes to compensate?

Yea but it's not even that, part of it is stat tracking. You could be healing your team the whole game and still have fewer assists than carry. Makes you feel kind of worthless.

Easiest way would be to award assists to heroes who have recently healed allies who have killed or done damage to an enemy hero that died in the last say 20 seconds. Maybe even add granting movement speed, time, resistance, weapon damage, reducing enemy damage, etc to assists would be nice.

I think I brought something up awhile ago about adding token damage to Raynors Q so that he would get assists for significantly increasing damage on a target. Shadows vortex supposedly used to have token damage. For those who don't know, token damage is 1 true damage added on to not damaging skills so that heroes would still receive assists. However this doesn't work for heals or passives.

Because there are so many missed out assists, I typically grab a SHM on tank/support heroes that really don't need it just to guaranty an assist for me and it pays for itself in that respect. If assists took into account more factors I could forego shm on those heroes for more useful items.

Edited by Jaysi

Yeah that's probably the easiest option SCV. Btw if you deal .00001 damage I think it just registers as 1 because health is an integer value. So 1500 HP - .0001 DMG would be 1499.9999, but there are no decimals so its 1499.

So then can we standardize token damage on all non-damaging debuff skills as well? And add that AoE token damage to all buff skills as well such as giving movement speed or resistances? Any passives?

I haven't looked at the aggro function, but I don't think it responds to true damage.

So then can we standardize token damage on all non-damaging debuff skills as well? And add that AoE token damage to all buff skills as well such as giving movement speed or resistances? Any passives?

We'll see. That's a lot of stuff.

If we are doing this, I would like to see rancor's scan get the addition of token damage also.

I regularly scan teamfights when a bio/roach/unix/etc... is involved, even if I am in a different lane. It would be nice to get some credit for that. Often the ONLY reason that kill happens is because of a good scan.

Of course the reward to the team makes it worthwhile as the system is, but the extra money would just encourage more support/team play.

just one thing to consider is to make sure that the "token" damages might activate item effects like cauterizer/kura's death mask, ancient rune, as than you could end up doing more than "token" damage

I haven't looked at the aggro function, but I don't think it responds to true damage.

Well towers doesn't seem to retarget to me when I laser someone as dustin so aggro doesn't respond to true dmg. On the other hand I am not sure if after hitting someone purely with my laser and then that person dieing to someone else gives me an assist. Something like that happened way way way back if I remember correctly, probably even SotiS times.

Well I will list some abilities that are in the no DMG category but can result in bringing the enemy closer to his doom.

Shadow vortex

Unix slowing slime

Garamond oil slick

Flare if we would include flare we would also have to make wards do token damage and then they would be easiery to spot

Silver soul active, well to be honest all item actives that can be cast on allies including eternal drive & kassia

Impact dial both ally and enemy

Rancor scan

Raynor mark

Zeratul planar in some rare cases enemy will die before zera can get a hit off even thought that he did the initation cow toilet cyprus

Maar transport

Null forcefields

Geneva heal & Ulti

Egon Q&W

Queen Heal

Yig transfusion

Erekul Q&W

Akasha W

LZ shields

Toshlings stun

Cyprus pillars

Null heroic

Leo heroic it is not an ability

Rory heroic

Well towers doesn't seem to retarget to me when I laser someone as dustin so aggro doesn't respond to true dmg. On the other hand I am not sure if after hitting someone purely with my laser and then that person dieing to someone else gives me an assist. Something like that happened way way way back if I remember correctly, probably even SotiS times.

Well I will list some abilities that are in the no DMG category but can result in bringing the enemy closer to his doom.

Null heroic

Leo heroic it is not an ability

Rory heroic

So should we count passives or not? If you did they could apply the damage every 10 seconds or half of the length of time that damage still applies towards assists.

So should we count passives or not? If you did they could apply the damage every 10 seconds or half of the length of time that damage still applies towards assists.

Well the logic behind me excluding passives is that they do not require action to be applied. Only the actions that can't be performed while being silenced should be altered in my opinion. On the other hand the idea of applying damage every 10 seconds by passive abilites is a good one.

Well the logic behind me excluding passives is that they do not require action to be applied. Only the actions that can't be performed while being silenced should be altered in my opinion. On the other hand the idea of applying damage every 10 seconds by passive abilites is a good one.

I believe positioning should be considered an assist. Just because I don't actively use an ability or AA an enemy doesn't mean that I'm not in some form intimidating or zoning them out or buffing/debuffing my allies or enemies with my presence. That's why I think it was dumb when they removed assists from nearby allies and only made it from damage.

I believe positioning should be considered an assist. Just because I don't actively use an ability or AA an enemy doesn't mean that I'm not in some form intimidating or zoning them out or buffing/debuffing my allies or enemies with my presence. That's why I think it was dumb when they removed assists from nearby allies and only made it from damage.

I have seen you play and can confirm you are very intimidating in game.

I have seen you play and can confirm you are very intimidating in game.

Tell me more about how I love playing Jackson.

jaysi's aura of intimidation is why he is chronically overrated

Exactly! I just need to make a smurf like everyone else and pretend I'm a noob. Until certain people rage that there's a noob in the IH lobby. Or someone puts their whole player draft into the hope that you are a hard feeder and so you go second pick and your last two picks are Hyly and Nemesis and you are terribly disappointed to realize that one player you tried to avoid was a smurf. I mean, this has certainly never happened to me.

Edited by Jaysi