Consistent Laggers

Dante

Atom cannot be convinced.

I'm sure you have many reason why, perhaps I'm just new blood around here. I'd just like to mention that even blizzard took the dramatic step to introduce a public kick option for any troll or random in lobbies and yes, I'm sure there are cases of abuse, but still believe it has been beneficial. I personally have not seen it abused in the Aos community, only used on afk invites pending away, or known trolls. I would really appreciate your point of view of why it should not be at the least trialled.

Also to sum this topic up, as the person who makes the decisions in the end, will there ever be any possibility that we could find a solution for the issue?

the only thing i dont understand is how distant admins are from pubs but feel this would abuse it. Seems weird to me. Ih this is never a problem because there is too much cooperation for trollers/laggers/w.e to exist. Dante ur idea for 9/10 vote sounds reasonable and something that should be trialed. If some of these people actually knew the amount of bm purposeful troll laggers are (aka junklati) [jollibee doesnt do it on purpose but its becoming pathetic as it happens every game] in the pub scene, they'd understand truly understand ur post. Cater to pub players too please. Surrender votes can be abused in the same fashion as kick votes. Have ur friends assigned to opposite team and force a surrender from majority. In theory can this be abused? Yes. Does it actually happen? No.

the only thing i dont understand is how distant admins are from pubs but feel this would abuse it. Seems weird to me. Ih this is never a problem because there is too much cooperation for trollers/laggers/w.e to exist. Dante ur idea for 9/10 vote sounds reasonable and something that should be trialed. If some of these people actually knew the amount of bm purposeful troll laggers are (aka junklati) [jollibee doesnt do it on purpose but its becoming pathetic as it happens every game] in the pub scene, they'd understand truly understand ur post. Cater to pub players too please. Surrender votes can be abused in the same fashion as kick votes. Have ur friends assigned to opposite team and force a surrender from majority. In theory can this be abused? Yes. Does it actually happen? No.

I don't think admins are distant from pubs. I also have a couple (unamed) smurfs I play on in addition to my admin account to see what games are like. Let's just say the difference is interesting.

Make an smurf! And keep the troll! I think is so difficult to be free of laggers and trolls since you can make an account for free and join AOS. :p too much job for admins to go around and hunt them!

And now I don't think kicking people is the best idea since sc2 is trying to come back! That would make even harder to fill a lobby for a pub.

Currently testing phase should be done today IF atomik remember to upload

I'm interested in witnessing the results. I'm quite positive that this is a step forward. At the least a statement to all, that you guys upstairs really do care what we think!

Edited by Dante

The current testing is for auto kick, which kicks known laggers such as Junklati in the beginning of the game every time. As for vote kick, it will 9/9 votes and only can be use once per person per game (total of 9 times since the lagger would not vote to kick himself).

The current testing is for auto kick, which kicks known laggers such as Junklati in the beginning of the game every time. As for vote kick, it will 9/9 votes and only can be use once per person per game (total of 9 times since the lagger would not vote to kick himself).

Nicely done.

what about if it starts 5v4? or someone has left?

if notorious feeder is good enough add adam, feeds in all of my pub games, and ih

He's not a feeder, he inflicts deliberate lag via some sort of spam programme, there are many ways to do it, however he perfected his technique practically stalling a game for as long as he wishes for egotistical reasons. If anyone should make the blacklist he surly is #1. However this won't prevent him from creating a free account and doing the same, which is why a vote kick needs to be implemented, Yaldi makes a good point, something that certainly should be considered, there will be times where 9 players total or less will need to make mutual decision (8/9) to evict a game ruin-er for whatever reason. The blacklist is nice and all but it is not the answer considering free accounts are that easy to make. Unless you can ban IP's I would concentrate on a flawless kicking system.

LOL. I was in that game when you decided to finally blacklist him.

well my point is if it is purely (n - 1), where n is the number of players in the game, people required for the vote kick what happens when i am reking 1v5 and they give me a loss?

Considering the elo system is broken and according to what I have seen, games with leavers also do not count towards KD I don't think those scenarios are issues, also I have noticed lately that even a 5v2 situation is automatically surrendered regardless. Mind you, If you were "reking" in a 1v5 I suppose it would suck to be kicked out. I can think of a few systems to prevent such, although I don't feel like it would be worth the time or effort either way. Cause lets be real, It's not the loss you're fighting for here, let's say you still get kicked but it WON'T count as a loss! I'm more then confident that is still not an ideal situation for what you're asking.

Now to the real point, such an argument does not promote what we are trying to achieve here, in fact the opposite, 5 members of the community will come to a mutual agreement to rid a time wasting 1v5... Don't get me wrong I have done it myself and won, and felt great about it, but those on the opposite team did not, and most likely only encouraged more people to want a 1v5 situation of their own. I don't think this is an ideal suggestion to follow in my opinion. Just ask yourself this, win or lose, what is the first thing you say in all chat when you are on a team of 5 vs a single player. SURRENDER PLEASE!!!

Edited by Dante

it isnt our job to tell people how to have fun. if soneone chooses to continue to play because someone am practising or enjoying myself no one has a right to kick that player as long as they arent being directly offensive.

I would say moderators have that ability to judge due to their power being given because they are deemed levelheaded and sensible enough to have that but opening it up to 5 people who have no credentials to make that decision is where it is sketchy