Sign in to follow this  
taznkid

Current Korhal Vanguard, Spell Buffer, Chilling Artifact

Personally I don't like the change to actives on Korhal and Buffer, reason being, I end up with most or all of my items being actives, making it freaking confusing and stressful to use the right one at the right time.

Not to mention all of the stun and silence effects that will prevent you from using them, effectively making them significantly weaker than auras when you are not the initiating team.

Before patch

"Its too boring to play with the aura items, not enough to do so make them actives"

After patch

"Its to hard to play with the actives on the support items change it back"

There's a difference between changing one and all of them...

At least if you have two support heroes/tanks you can split them up, but how many support/active items are there that don't have an active now?

And they are such similar actives that it's pretty much like "oh team fight, spam my active aura items" as opposed to things like picking out a target for taser or sword breaker which takes more thought

Edited by Jaysi

I was never in favor (in fact I was against it) of changing the auras to their current actives. The only change to a "Active" that I supported was one for Chilling Artifact(which I have mentioned I feel is fine), and changing Spell Buffer to its old Active of providing shields.

What we need is the old chilling and a new active barbed plating back.

This time Barbed should return damage as true damage (all damage coming in) and disable a portion of leach while active. Non active just give stats, maybe something else.

What we need is the old chilling and a new active barbed plating back.

This time Barbed should return damage as true damage (all damage coming in) and disable a portion of leach while active. Non active just give stats, maybe something else.

How is old chilling better? People with high attack speed just ignore the passive.

i think this is just one of those threads complaining about new things because we arent used to them yet. we should atleast wait a little bit before we change anything IMO.

Rofl nova with any decent farm 3 shots ppl

I think Zazzn is on to something. Bring back old "barbed plaing"/blademail, with the active. It will counter AA-heroes and force them to consider their hp vs yours, pick their timings better etc.

No reason for it to disable leech though.

i think this is just one of those threads complaining about new things because we arent used to them yet. we should atleast wait a little bit before we change anything IMO.

Not really. I might be wrong about this, but I think Whale intended for the team that is initiated upon having more of a chance in this patch, while with silence and stun effects stopping people from using the actives gives the initiating team a larger advantage with these items. That's not people being like "older is always better", that's people pointing out that the new items are currently doing the opposite of what was intended.

Edited by LameDude

I thought the reason for these changes was to make supports more interactive in teamplay. Care to explain the thought behind the changes whale?

Edited by Revision

For the case of the aura changes to actives, it was because I didn't like the old versions due to the following reasons:

- They were mandatory

- They were boring

- They were laggy

- There was no significant counterplay to them (hence mandatory)

----

By making them actives, I hoped to fix all of these points

Frankly this is a heavily opinionated thread...I'm a scrub that plays usually with 1 Active, max of 3, then suddenly I'm playing a hero like yig that has all Active abilities, and on top of that I have 6 item actives to worry about, leaving me quite out of my depth and making me play quite sub par consequently.

I just want to see what others think about it.

For the case of the aura changes to actives, it was because I didn't like the old versions due to the following reasons:

- They were mandatory

- They were boring

- They were laggy

- There was no significant counterplay to them (hence mandatory)

----

By making them actives, I hoped to fix all of these points

there no lag for me, get good pc. no counter play? LOL

Now u made all mid-late game DPS(esp nova and darpa) and Casters(with insta dmg) dominate the game

Its was good balance before changes, except boros and lz and cow and yig, but now its just bs

Edited by Maxwell

I think the changes are great, tanks are fun again.. Give it a while for people to get used to it as Revision said.

I fail to see how "getting used to" being silenced/stunned/cc'd/initiated upon and not using your item will fix things.

Edited by LameDude

maybe to compensate for the slight nerf to the aura items increase the inherent armor/spell armor on all the items. At that point they might actually become situational items that you dont buy every game